DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

On 5/2/2022 at 2:47 AM, The Natural said:

FRlFoKnXsAAf59x?format=png&name=small

Only one missing. Satoshi Kojima bidding to join Yoshihiro Takayama, Kensuke Sasaki and Keiji Muto.

Also if Kojima wins the GHC HW, he joins Mutoh as the only men who ever won the Triple Crown and the IWGP HW plus the NWA World's HW.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, Control said:

Lol, Satoshi Kojima. NJPW can’t even send second-stringers to take a fall.

I dunno, Kojima still rules when he's given a chance. He just doesn't get many because New Japan have firmly relegated to "dad" status. Kojima is definitely more of the Mochizuki & Sugiura 50+ year olds in NOAH than Fujita & Mutoh in that he's still more than capable of a great singles match.

• Like 1

I actually like Kojima, but, like you said, NJ has out him in the Old Man category, which is below the main event dudes and even the secondary guys like Ishii, SANADA, etc. He seems like such an obvious job guy.

It’s like if AJ sent Omori to challenge for a top singles title.

Edited by Control

I'm ok with it due to the history Kojima could make by winning it. The politics of it aside, he always shows up when he gets a big match. He had a wild No DQ with Ospreay last year and a great NJ Cup match vs Jeff Cobb, where he truly made me think he just might pull off an upset.

Satoshi Kojima will wrestle regularly for NOAH, he is on loan.

Ninja Mack signed exclusive Japan deal with NOAH.

Masa and Michael Elgin want the tags.

King Tani disbanded his tag with Yone and rebooted himself as Taniguchi.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Have to watch more weeks of NOAH to figure who is the new booker, observing their patterns and stuff.  Me.. I rather have the kayfabe breaking info in the puroresu thread instead.

From LuroPove.

NOAH N1 Victory 2022:
 11.08.2022 @ Yokohama Budokan
13.08.2022 @ Osaka Edion Arena #2
14.08.2022 @ Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall
17.08.2022 @ Sendai Sun Plaza

19.08.2022 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
20.08.2022 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
27.08.2022 @ Nagoya International Conference Hall
28.08.2022 @ Culttz Kawasaki
03.09.2022 @ Osaka Edion Arena

7 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

So is the booker Kendo Kashin now?

Voices of Wrestling seem to think so. Remain to be convinced that this is an upgrade, Kashin seems to have exactly the same flaws as NOSAWA, in that he sees the job as a chance to get his boys paid.

I don't even mind if NOSAWA was bringing his bus really, so long as they were in the midcard. The problem was when they started beating the NOAH guys like Kaito, Kenoh, Katsuhiko & making them look like punks.

All I really want is to not care who the booker is. Stop mortgaging the future for 2 decades ago. The booking of Kaito Kiyomiya was criminal. They are doing nothing with Kinya Okada & Yoshiki Inamura. 

13 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

All I really want is to not care who the booker is. Stop mortgaging the future for 2 decades ago. The booking of Kaito Kiyomiya was criminal. They are doing nothing with Kinya Okada & Yoshiki Inamura. 

That's the disappointing part of Noah. Okada couldn't even get a spot in the N-1 last year. Keep wanting Okada, Yano or Inamura to take that next step. 

Poor booking since their Budokan show with Muto vs Go last year. Reading the translated comments about Nakajima vs Fujita on YouTube the actual fans didn't seem displeased by Fujita winning. I saw a few saying Nakajima needs to bulk up (?). There's always a seesaw effect when trying to please Japanese fans and western fans.

Japanese YT commenters compared to English language ones, I'm not sure if that's a similar type of weirdo troll or not.

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Japanese YT commenters compared to English language ones, I'm not sure if that's a similar type of weirdo troll or not.

A big chunk of the people that post on my channel are Japanese and I get a kick out of the tenor of the google translated comments sometimes.

I've had a bunch of comments on Kobayashi/Honaga vs Takada/Yamazaki from 88 and they're all stuff like

"Yamazaki is thin. Do the same for Hashimoto"

Or "Yasunaga's drop kick from 9:03 is the best!"

Or "Hoei's neck consolidation at the end is wonderful"

Or "Yasunaga immediately kicks Yamazaki who came to the cut with a drop kick. That's excellent. Kobayashi and Yasunaga are all-round"

Or "Mr. Yasunaga has a nice taste. It's astringent! ️"

You get the idea.

• Haha 1

Japanese twitter is mostly positive or civilized. But most Japanese stil use blogs to this day. Blogs died out over in the west.

When i had my videos, they had interesting positive comments.

Edited by Blue Dragon