DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

19 minutes ago, sabremike said:

What are the must see NOAH matches of the past few months? 

Nakajima vs Shiozaki from the New Years show for me was the only real must see match of the first 3 months of 2022. 

There's been some fun stuff on other cards but nothing I'd say is must see, though I'm admittedly a little behind with NOAH and haven't seen Nakajima v Fujita yet

• Thanks 1

Longtime NOAH ref Akihiko Fukuda is retiring from ref duties on April the 3rd. He made his debut on March 31, 1987 in the match of Masanobu Fuchi VS Toshiaki Kawada, AJPW.

He will continue to be involved in NOAH as a member of the staff after he retires. So driving the player bus and setting up the ring.

Akihiko-Fukuda.jpg?id=ee3655de-b613-4383

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

M's Alliance is suspending activities as a faction.

H.Suzuki and Sugiura won the vacant GHC tags.

Fujita is the one wearing green now. He now acts polite and bowed in the ring.

Masa Funaki vs H.Suzuki for the GHC National is set.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 3:31 AM, sabremike said:

What are the must see NOAH matches of the past few months? 

I think Nakajima vs Shiozaki from 1/1 is the best match I've seen so far in 2022, and I'd also recommend Kenoh vs Kiyomiya from the same show, and actually the 6 man Tag with Sugiura, Sakuraba & KENTA vs Kitamiya, Inaba & Inamura is real good too just for the KENTA & Inamura interactions. 

Outside of that show Shiozaki vs Sugiura from 27/1, & Shiozaki vs Tanaka from 9/2 are my standouts. Others were a tiny bit higher than me on Go vs Kenoh from 11/2, and for outside of the Heavyweights I think Harada vs Tadasuke from 9/2 is well worth your time. 

Finally I'd go out on a limb & say that Nakajima vs Fujita is fun if you completely detach yourself from the booking & context.

• Like 3

If we ignore the IGF title run he had, majority of Fujita's title runs combined didn't have many defenses and he didn't win his defense bout for the GHC National. 50 percent chance Masato Tanaka can win against Fujita. If he doesn't, then his window of opportunity (winning the GHC HW) is done for good.

• Like 1

Spoiler

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2022 IN FUKUOKA", 21.03.2022 (Abema)
Fukuoka International Center
697 Fans

1. Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura & Kinya Okada besiegen King Tani, Mohammed Yone & Akitoshi Saito (10:59) nach einem Saito Suplex von Kitamiya gegen Tani.
2. Tadasuke, Hajime Ohara & Nioh besiegen Haoh, Alejandro & Kai Fujimura (13:07) nach einer Jidanda Lariat von Tadasuke gegen Fujimura.
3. Naomichi Marufuji besiegt Yasutaka Yano (11:01) mit einem Headlock.
4. HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa besiegen Eita  & Super Crazy (9:54) als Eita disqualifiziert wurde.
5. Kaito Kiyomiya & Daiki Inaba besiegen Daisuke Harada & Junta Miyawaki (17:33) nach einem Stretch Plum-Style Facelock von Kiyomiya gegen Miyawaki.
6. Go Shiozaki besiegt Masaaki Mochizuki  (16:49) mit einer Strong Arm Lariat.
7. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Atsushi Kotoge & YO-HEY (c) besiegen NOSAWA Rongai & Kotaro Suzuki (23:06) nach einem Dropkick von YO-HEY gegen NOSAWA (1st defense).
8. Takashi Sugiura, Hideki Suzuki, Kazushi Sakuraba & Kendo Kashin besiegen Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masakatsu Funaki & Manabu Soya (18:22) nach einem European Clutch von Suzuki gegen Soya.
9. GHC Heavyweight Title: Kazuyuki Fujita (c) besiegt Masato Tanaka  (31:28) mit einer Mochi-Style Powerbomb (1st defense).

Go is getting out of his slump. 

• Like 1

Kenoh and Nakajima will challenge for the GHC tags. 

Masa Funaki defeated H.Suzuki. Short match with sub finish.

Another non native below will arrive. He wrestled in NOAH back in 2013.

FOnqJKbacAAN5-5?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

Go unsealed his "I am NOAH" catchphrase.  While Fujita is spamming his version,  "I'm NOAH"

It will be the battle of two ideologies.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...