DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

3,181 fans. Still we are in the covid era. 

Nakajima winning and some of the other winners of their respective matches and the finishes seem to showcase the old NJPW to me.  Figure 4 leglock, Ref stop, Northen lights bomb win.

NOAH's big show schedule from Purolove.

16.01.2022 at Sendai Sun Plaza Hall
23.02.2022 at Nagoya International Conference Hall
13.03.2022 at Yokohama Budokan
21.03.2022 at Fukuoka International Center
29.04.2022 at Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
30.04.2022 at Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
21.05.2022  at Ota City General Gymnasium
16.07.2022 at Tokyo Nippon Budokan
01.01.2023 at Tokyo Nippon Budokan

Edited by D.Z

The Ref Stop was odd.  However, I fucking LOVED Nakajima busting out a Northern Lights Bomb as a straight up callback to his upbringing (along with some callbacks to his and Go's mentors).

• Like 2

I like that NOAH increased the use of alternative finishes, but some are the old NJPW finishes instead. Mutoh's Frankensteiner and cross armbar last year and the Northern Lights Bomb of Nakajima.

In NOAH news, NOAH to hold the Budokan show every Jan 1st as their new tradition going forward.

Director Takeda of CyberFight admitted the difficulty of Corona and limits to filling up the Budokan this year, but next year there will be no limits. Their aim next year is to get more than 10 000 people in the Budokan.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

WOW! What a show! The two main events were fantastic, but holy shit, that six man tag was everything to me! Only the fourth highest ranked match from the show on Cagematch for some reason, but I had a huge grin on my face throughout that whole match and yelled out several times. Everyone brought there A-Game, but good god, KENTA and Inamura... To think I initially was disappointed that KENTA was only in a seemingly random six man tag... Inamura is a megastar! Give me the Inamura/KENTA singles match now!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Hokuto-Sasaki 4 life. Did Nakajima have an eventual falling out with them or are they still close? What was the cause of Miyahara breaking away from Kensuke?

All I could find

• Thanks 1