DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Full results

Spoiler

Keiji Muto (c) defeated Kaito Kiyomiya GHC Heavyweight

Go Shiozaki, Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura & Kotaro Suzuki defeated Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya & Tadasuke

Atsushi Kotoge defeated Seiki Yoshioka (c) GHC Junior

Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai defeated Kenoh, Haoh & Nioh

HAYATA & Yuya Susumu defeated Daisuke Harada & Kai Fujimura

Muhammad Yone defeated Akitoshi Saito

HAYATA defeated Junta Miyawaki

Shuhei Taniguchi, Hajime Ohara & YO-HEY defeated Yoshiki Inamura, Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano

My thoughts:

Spoiler

We are in for a lengthy Muto reign aren't we...

Edited by Spontaneous

About the style of the main event match 

Spoiler

Keiji Muto vs. Kaito Kiyomiya was both mens interpretation of late 90's methodical NJPW match and even ending with Mutohs old crossarmbar finish. Human chess elements and other old NJPW tropes were shown.

Submission finishes used to be big deal in NJPW before they mostly killed them off in BushiRoad era. Muto said Kaito has some showa elements in him. Other elements from the match are from Mutoh-ism psychology.

Muto is a legend and the current ace was in worse shape than the Blues mobile. It certainly has gotten them more attention than they have had in recent years.

The problem is it feels like Suzuki running through the roster again sans interference. I'd rather heel Nakajima be champ but they are trying to build interest in bigger shows with Muto. He is just too broken down for me to care. 

• Like 2

I thought his effort against Go was commendable and he only looked way too old once or twice. Only seen a bit of the first defence but I like the general idea of Mutoh champ just not him beating Kiyomiya. 

I'm waiting to see how the next defense goes but I thought him making Kaito tap out twice now is terrible. Noah has always sucked at building guys though.

If Kenoh defeats Fujita then I wonder who he faces next. I am afraid if he loses the National title then he gets fed to Muto.

Kaito's storyline is can he beat Muto and gain the GHC HW back? So NOAH is maybe gonna drag that out until they're ready to have Kaito beat Muto. 

I have no problem with Submission finishes for main events.

21 hours ago, D.Z said:

I have no problem with Submission finishes for main events.

It's not the submissions I hate, it just isn't clicking with me. The story just feels inauthentic. I am glad someone is using "non finishers" as the finish. I just don't want to watch 6 months of Kaito chasing Muto.

I like the idea of Kaito having to overcome someone/something to win it all. I can't remember who proposed Kaito beating Jun in the N-1 to then challenge Muto a third time, which is fine. I just can't see a long Muto reign do anyone good. The two title matches have been OK so far.

I guess Go just spoiled me with the style I like?

Fujita beat Kenoh, so he crushed Kenoh's dream of being the strongest for now. Fujita vs Sugi for the GHC National title is next. Old people matter more in Cyber Agent NOAH than the other promotions, similar to WWE. Still the younger ones will have their day.

The Funky Express absorbed Anti Wrestlers alliance, so they all have to wear funky and do act funky n stuff.

37e8bfd1b5e75d05ee6e967ddc19f498.jpg

I noticed for the Reiwa Era.. the amount of units for promotions have expanded beyond having 3 or 4.

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

Fujita beat Kenoh, so he crushed Kenoh's dream of being the strongest for now. Fujita vs Sugi for the GHC National title is next. Old people matter more in Cyber Agent NOAH than the other promotions, similar to WWE. Still the younger ones will have their day.

If they like old people so much, why not sign Ishikawa and Ikeda to contracts? Cowards!

• Like 1

Muto and Akiyama will do dual interview on Samurai's VS show on March 26th and their KAMINOGE article will be out next month. Also CyberAgent has another Muto and CyberFight interview coming.

The CyberFightFes2021 card will be announced in the press conference below in 10 hours soon.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 1