DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Oh, no, ok. I thought there was some option on old NOAH shows i was missing. Cool, I'm glad they'll be starting that, at least for big shows. It's hard to learn names and history when I'm unfamiliar with 70% of the roster from not keeping up with them for a few years.

So I got around to watching the two singles titles matches. Go-Nakajima is easily up there, motyc. Just brutal, one botch prevents it from perfection from some perhaps. Nakajima's look of fear after Go survived the diamond buster was great. I think Go was actually counted out, Nakajima was robbed.

The commentary team did a good job, I thought their soccer/football approach suited current NOAH well 

Another guy debuting for Sugi Gun.  He wore a mask pre debut, he is smaller than Nosawa.

Sakuraba and Sugi want to make the ultimate 6 crown happen, their GHC tags, fake tags, National title, GHC HW  title. I don't think Sugi will win the GHC HW but it's 20 percent possible.

Sakuraba wants to unleash more tatics and stuff from PRIDE and even from Funaki on Kenoh.

Noah updated their fanclub logo, kinda cyberpunk ish.

EoJVBo1VQAIx8Ci?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 1

The randomly named masked dork betrayed Kotaro and unmasked as Susumu like some guy said it was when he debuted. There's some other masked guy with Kotaro though as well. Go figure.

• Haha 1

50 percent chance Muto will win.  Anyway either Muto or Go however will drop the title to Kaito, the young trueborn ace. Eventually they will have to "Tanahashi" Kaito, keep pushing him until he is a draw with good matches. We don't need anymore start 'n stop pushes like the last decade.

It could be possible NOAH will try to do with the budokan like NJPW did for the Tokyo dome, as years past by the attendance increases using the building. Still I wouldn't expect NOAH booking more than 1 show yearly at that venue anytime soon.

Go used one of Inoki's old Promos against Muto. 

Edited by D.Z

Shiozaki/Sugiura was tough to get through, for me, though on some level I get that it's an excellent match. It's hard not to be compelled by two guys working so hard, and the final stretch of recklessly stiff violence, but I just can't get past the whole thing feeling like an echo, which is basically my feelings about present-day NOAH all tied up concisely. They probably deserve better than the attention I can muster.