DVDVR Message Board

Late Night Dynamite 9/22 & Regular Night Dynamite 9/23

Web Conn

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

As great as Brodie's promo was, shouldn't it be the babyface that puts out the revenge stipulation challenge? 

And historically, Mr. Brodie turns tail as soon as the heat is ever on.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

@TheVileOne Brian Cage posted on Instagram before the show that he wasn't feeling too well (but felt well enough to keep working out). I doubt it's COVID related, but they probably kept him off the show just to be safe.

OK, well now it makes more sense why they switched main events. But good on Cage for staying off the show. You have to be better safe than sorry now.

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

If I was my own booker I wouldn't make small entrances either. I can let him have this.

Fair. I think my biggest worry is that after going full egomaniac and leaning into it, walking into a supermarket to no fanfare has to be a huge comedown psychologically. 

• Haha 3

Love Cody's return and the rematch in a Dog Collar sounds like it should be absolutely epic. Brodie/Orange was pretty fun with some solid near falls. Opener was a bit all over the place. Enjoyed the women's tag. Great main event as expected and post-match brawl. Starks spear on Darby was killer and I'm glad Hobbs still got a little shine despite not getting his match anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Andy in Kansas said:

Fair. I think my biggest worry is that after going full egomaniac and leaning into it, walking into a supermarket to no fanfare has to be a huge comedown psychologically. 

Cody is more famous than Rosario Dawson, you think he does his own shopping?!?!

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Hobbs' Spine buster on Dark this week is even better and you get Starks' reaction to the possibility that could be his fate. 

Easily my favorite part of Dark this week. I fucking howled when they cut back to the announce desk and Starks had that look on his face. 

Starks is some kind of grade A shitbag. I also greatly enjoyed his pronunciation of "Ser-pen-TEE-ko".

• Like 3

Besides Archer and Cage, other notable absences this week:

The Butcher and the Blade no-showed the Friends of Eddie Kingston beatdown.

Stooo Grayson and Reynolds were MIA from the Dark Order.

Nick Jackson was conspicuously kept offscreen for Matt’s interview with Schiavone.

Anybody else I’m missing?  Wardlow wasn’t backing MJF during his segment, but that’s not totally unprecedented.

Yeah, I think that's it. For what it's worth, Alex Reynolds said he's okay and then kayfabed the rest of the tweet. Given that Lance Archer announced he had COVID on Twitter, and they've been pretty forthcoming with others like Moxley (because of Renee) and QT, etc. I don't think anything nefarious is going on.

29 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Easily my favorite part of Dark this week. I fucking howled when they cut back to the announce desk and Starks had that look on his face. 

Starks is some kind of grade A shitbag. I also greatly enjoyed his pronunciation of "Ser-pen-TEE-ko".

RickyStarksreactstoH.jpg

Guy is special. They have a host of special young mega prospects. It's the best. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2