• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Might as well make it one thread Tonight’s Late Night Dynamite will feature:

Scorpio Sky vs Ben Carter

Brandi Rhodes vs Anna Jay

Matt Sydal vs Shawn Spears

And tomorrows regularly scheduled Dynamite is to feature:

TBA

I completely forgot there was a special ep of Dynamite on tonight.  Thanks.  I may check it out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Team Moxley: Moxley/Darby/Hobbs vs. Team Archer: Archer/Starks/Cage 

Mr. Brodie Lee defends against Orange Cassidy 

Hikaru Shida/Thunder Rosa vs. Ivelisse/Diamante 

Thanks the AEW Website only had a preview for tonight’s show.

• Like 1

The one-hour Dynamite was originally scheduled for last Wednesday due to NBA play-offs but I guess that wasn't needed last week and it's needed this week instead. They were anticipating last week's Wednesday show to be moved to Thursday, but it didn't happen.

This wasn’t bad I thought Scorpio vs Ben Carter was really good. Jericho was gold on commentary. Brandi Vs Anna Jay was personal and they played it as such. Matt Sydal vs Spears was good I liked that drop kick to Spears when he was seated in the chair at ringside. They hyped up tomorrow’s show.

I thought it was pretty good! Opener was a surprise, Carter is quicker than a hiccup and Scorpio had to get a little mean to slow him down. I bitch about never getting to see backbreakers anymore and I got a backbreaker AND a Russian leg sweep. Brandi/Jay was really mean though, these two were after each other, may have been the best women's match I've seen on AEW since Nyla/Riho. Sydal/Spears was fine I guess. They were teasing joking about the Sydal fuckup at the battle royale and Jericho finally said something to the effect of "he didn't slip this time". I also got a laugh out of him talking about Spears blowing mist and that Tully taught him "the loaded glove, the claw, all of it". Real good commentary from him tonight. Their banter about the "shamanic experiences" was too much.

If Dark is as good as that was I might start watching Dark. 

Don't be gatekeeping Britishness, brother. It's a short step from there to "Kevin Pieterson shouldn't play for England", and that's not the road you want to go down.

Well suffice it to say that in football and other sports, the Granny rule clearly allows people to play for a country that isn't their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republic_of_Ireland_international_footballers_born_outside_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Personally I think there's much better mileage in him leaning in to his Jersey background. He can call himself Bergerac Carter and be an offshore financial guy - the BTE material basically writes itself.

I remember when everyone in Britwres was pushing a "Nigel McGuinness isn't British, he's an American with a fake name and a fake accent" agenda. Basically young Nigel was a big WWF fan, never went to live shows except WWF English tours, then went and trained at OVW in Kentucky. Works his way up the US indies, gets to ROH when it's on TWC, and because everyone in Britwres knows everyone else in Britwres and none of them had ever met Nigel, they all assumed he was a fake Brit.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I remember when everyone in Britwres was pushing a "Nigel McGuinness isn't British, he's an American with a fake name and a fake accent" agenda. Basically young Nigel was a big WWF fan, never went to live shows except WWF English tours, then went and trained at OVW in Kentucky. Works his way up the US indies, gets to ROH when it's on TWC, and because everyone in Britwres knows everyone else in Britwres and none of them had ever met Nigel, they all assumed he was a fake Brit.

Wasn't Timothy Thatcher fake British for quite a while?

19 minutes ago, Peck said:

Ben Carter putting out two bangers in a week. Impressive.

What’s his pre-AEW background?

Graduate of Seth Rollins and Marek Brave’s school (the Rollins influence is pretty obvious).  2019 was his first real year out there on the scene, working regularly.  Primarily worked in the Midwest and South.  It looked like Gamechanger was ready to get behind him prior to everything shutting down, which means you were about to see him everywhere.

Honestly, he doesn’t have many pre-pandemic matches that I feel like are must-see—he’s very much still a rookie figuring things out (and, in fairness, often working with no-so-great opponents)—but his upside is very apparent in all of them.

• Like 2