DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

51 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lions biggest issue isn't QB, really. Stafford is overpaid, but he's not bad at all. 

Can we tank for a head coach?

Edit: totally quoted the wrong post

When Nick Foles retires as a player, he can become a backup head coach. He takes over the reins for some team that's losing by 17 late in the third quarter and leads them to a win. Afterwards he coaches the next two games and goes back to the bench. He then gets traded to another team 3 weeks later for a 7th rounder and some disinfecting spray and leads another comeback before wetting himself the next two games.

So maybe Nick Foles can be the Lions backup head coach in three years.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

"I bet 500k on Daniel Jones"

Fools and their money are easily parted lol

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/29987714/notable-bets-daniel-jones-giants-cost-bettors-million

I understand being a fan, but why the fuck would anyone bet any money whatsoever on Daniel Jones of all people?  Seriously, I'm a Browns fan and I wouldn't recommend anyone ever bet a single red cent on that team for any reason whatsoever.  As an entity they specialize in disappointment, so any wager involving them is a wager against yourself.  That's what they do, they disappoint.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Matt Nagy has confirmed Nick Foles will start next week vs. Indianapolis.  

Bye bye titty kisser

Is that some sort of insult, because I've always thought that titty kissing is something that we all agreed was pretty damn awesome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile - Vic Fangio said he hasn't decided who will be the Broncos QB for Thursday game outside it won't be Blake Bortles

But the big reason for that is that Denver only signed him last Thursday and this week is a short practice week

Man, I knew KC would likely have a strong game and likely win. But I didn't expect them to completely dominate the way they have. Hopefully things pick up second half. 

EDIT:  Hmm...I take it that due to the lack of posts on the game it was such a foregone conclusion it wasn't worth watching.  I get it as even though I'm a Ravens fan I knew Cheifs were gonna win.  Ravens did a bit better in the second half but they were off the whole game.  Assuming they make the playoffs here's hoping they get their shit figured out by then in the rematch.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

I was fairly concerned KC wouldn't be able to stop Baltimore consistently, but I'm not surprised Mahomes played so well. 1) Blitzing him is a terrible idea, but Baltimore can't get pressure otherwise, and they lead the league in blitz rate; 2) Baltimore's secondary isn't good enough to cover when singled up in man; 3) KC had run the most vanilla offense possible the first two weeks, so I assumed there would be a lot of schemed open receivers; 4) Mahomes never admits to it in interviews, but he cares about being considered the best QB in the league. I mean, there were "and I took that personally" memes when the NFL Top 100 was released.

Still, I'm surprised Baltimore got away from the run as early as they did. One first-and-20 on their second possession, and the first drive's success seemed to be forgotten. 

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 1