DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

Denver (Vic Fangio), San Francisco (Kyle Shannahan), and Seattle (Pete Carroll) have all been fined $250,000 as a team because their coaches did not wear masks on the sidelines. 

Additionally, the coaches have been personally fined $100,000 each.   

Good. 

• Like 4

Hopefully no other coaches will pull this crap, but if they do, the NFL needs to add a zero to the fines next time. Instead of fining the teams, they should take the money off of their salary cap. Do that, and nobody would ever do it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Hopefully no other coaches will pull this crap, but if they do, the NFL needs to add a zero to the fines next time. Instead of fining the teams, they should take the money off of their salary cap. Do that, and nobody would ever do it again.

Salary cap and/or draft picks.  Hit 'em really, really hard.  And start suspending the coach.  Like, if Pete Carroll does it again, give him four weeks off.  

But, after doing that, maybe don't let Brett Favre wander around in the stadium with no mask.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 4

Seriously I am just finding out about Road Warrior Animal passed away and now it seems that Chicago Bear legend Gale Sayers has passed away.   As great as Sayers was, he could have even more legendary if running backs recovered from injuries like now.   Only played 6 years I believe but those first 4 were amazing.   And of course for non football fans, he will also be remembered as Brian Piccolo best friend in the movie Brian's Song played by Billy D Williams.  

Sad day for Chicago

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Doesn't the Chargers' medical staff have a history of medical incompetence?

I know Cleveland had quite the run of incompetency there for awhile with giving all of their guys MRSA.

7 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Their team physician at one point was Dr. David Chao, who is basically what Dr. Nick Riviera would be if he somehow found his way into this realm.

Wait, that's the dude on Twitter...lol.  I follow that dude and until just now didn't realize that he was quack Chargers doctor.  

Fun fact from last night.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is now the first player (since at least 1950) to win a game against a single opponent with 6 different teams.  

Something about that North Florida air brings out the magic! ? 

21 hours ago, Tabe said:

We're not talking about the Jags getting a guy kicked out because he pushed away a referee's hand? 

I think it was the second push and not the first that probably sent the referee over the edge to throw the flag, he didn't reach for the flag until he pushed the second referee enough to send him a bit off-balance who he clearly could see was a referee. Still, I think in a pro game you have to just let that slide. I know they want to draw a hard line on referee contact but I he didn't mean anything by it.

• Like 1

Falcons rookie CB AJ Terrell becomes first playing to be put on the COVID list in season as he has tested positive.

Obviously he is out for Sunday.

So...

Contract tracing will be used to determine who came in contact with Terrell in recent days, as all NFL players and Tier 1/2 individuals wear tracking devices all day in the facility. If no one was within six feet of Terrell for 15-plus straight minutes, tests negative or shows no symptoms, then that player's game day status will not be compromised.

What amuses me is that the story is on the front page of NFL.com. However, ESPN. Nope the only thing they care about is Jon Gruden not wearing a mask and that a staff member might have been in the Raiders locker room when he wasn't supposed to be.