DVDVR Message Board

Who's Your Papi? - Raw - 9/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This show was so bad on so many levels. I only made it an hour or so before I tapped out. Retribution had potential. I mean it was an interesting idea. But if it were on NXT where things could flourish and flesh out, maybe it could have been molded into something.

What we are seeing right now is just sad. I don't know the legal ways one could do within a corporation, but there needs to be a damn coup for the sake of this company and Vince has to be taken out of power. Smackdown is at least watchable because we know he doesn't care about Smackdown. But RAW reflects the whole damn company and tonight was unreal from that standpoint. 

I can't believe Vince watched any of The Dark Knight Rises because I don't think he's even watched Batman with Michael Keaton yet.

You know what the sad thing is. They had Retribution like two years ago with Sanity. That's how the group should be booked. Triple H said Sanity was an idea he had a long time ago and as soon it got to Smackdown it was killed dead. I feel sorry for Mia. She could be a huge star for them. I can't wait to see what 80's gang name the random generator comes up with for her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

This show was so bad on so many levels. I only made it an hour or so before I tapped out. Retribution had potential. I mean it was an interesting idea. But if it were on NXT where things could flourish and flesh out, maybe it could have been molded into something.

What we are seeing right now is just sad. I don't know the legal ways one could do within a corporation, but there needs to be a damn coup for the sake of this company and Vince has to be taken out of power. Smackdown is at least watchable because we know he doesn't care about Smackdown. But RAW reflects the whole damn company and tonight was unreal from that standpoint. 

I can't believe Vince watched any of The Dark Knight Rises because I don't think he's even watched Batman with Michael Keaton yet.

You know what the sad thing is. They had Retribution like two years ago with Sanity. That's how the group should be booked. Triple H said Sanity was an idea he had a long time ago and as soon it got to Smackdown it was killed dead. I feel sorry for Mia. She could be a huge star for them. I can't wait to see what 80's gang name the random generator comes up with for her.

OIP.lVuZs-6W2eDqUBBg2bZZ3QHaFu?pid=Api&d

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Casey said:

Mercedes Martinez deserves better than this. I'm not going to say she should have signed with AEW, but, I mean.... I rather feud with a dentist with a broken leg than do this absolutely stupid shit.

What is sad is that she had something that was working quite well for her in NXT only to be taken out of it for this shit.

• Like 2

A slapjack is a weapon favoured by street toughs of the 1950s and 1960s: the pool ball in a sock is a homebrew version of the classic slapjack.

Similarly, a mace is a weapon that has lost favour in recent years. Usually the classic mace comprises of a long straight shaft with a sharp point and various gouging devices around the tip.

A t-bar? Arguably the most threatening of the bunch: it is a high street venue for old ladies to eat cakes and imbibe hot liquid.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

SANITY's theme music alone is better.  It fucking knocks.  Look,  I'm not being hyperbolic here. Aces & 8's was A LOT better than this. It had a couple dumb swerves thrown in that everyone saw coming a mile away and some of it was stupid but the effort was there and some of the videos were cool.  

Aces & 8's were basically awesome by any realistic standard, and figuratively didn't hurt anyone.

Re: Nexus. Vince gave them all contracts on TV then they immediately beat him down.

Retribution is pure WrestleCrap and has almost become worth watching for being so lame. Chelsea Green might get herself into the Guinness Book of Records for longest sigh of relief.

I think someone might have watched Miro's AEW debut, so they had Mia cut the Brass Ring promo that everyone who watches TNA has seen a million times.

The worst thing about Retribution (well, after the names, the look, and T-Jakovic's voice) is that an easier sell is RIGHT THERE. Some NXT workers got tired of waiting around for their opportunity while watching others catch breaks, so they took matters into their own hands. No need to give them stupid Prison Break names or pretend no one has ever seen them on WWE programming before. Just acknowledge who they are and make them look like bad-asses for taking initiative.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, w. josh said:

The worst thing about Retribution (well, after the names, the look, and T-Jakovic's voice) is that an easier sell is RIGHT THERE. Some NXT workers got tired of waiting around for their opportunity while watching others catch breaks, so they took matters into their own hands. No need to give them stupid Prison Break names or pretend no one has ever seen them on WWE programming before. Just acknowledge who they are and make them look like bad-asses for taking initiative.

That wouldn't "own the libs", though.