DVDVR Message Board

Who's Your Papi? - Raw - 9/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And the writing. The fucking terrible writing.

"Yeah, so, uh, we got these guys and they're always fucking our shit up. They're destroying our private property, illegally entering the building, and just generally committing felonies left and right. How do we, you know, make it so that it doesn't look bad that they can keep doing this when they're not our wrestlers?"

Vince - "Hah hah hah! We'll give em...CONTRACTS! They're WWE wrestlers now!"

There's no way. No fucking way. That the conversation to decide to make these dorks contracted workers for WWE went anywhere beyond that. And all of the fucking yes men and women just nodded their heads.

Who are you to doubt Dug, Two P, and El Gado?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Also, the Nexus, the only hostile takeover angle WWE has ever done well, got maaaaaaybe one month of looking good before it all went to shit. This Retribution angle feels like it's gone on for months with no end in sight and it's actively getting worse.

No lie, I'm anxiously waiting to see if even @Eivioncan defend this fucking trash. And if he can't, I'm going to feel like the Tenay and Don West high five gif. I only had this on because I was playing Valorant on my other monitor and it looked like the show started out bad and proceeded to get worse and worse over the course of three hours.

And then I thought, man, people actually set aside time to watch all three hours of this thing live. I don't know how they do it.

• Like 2

Retribution's new ring names sound like D List members of Cobra.

When it comes to factions in WWE, they either get split way too soon for no reason (Sanity, The Riot Squad) or eventually booked like crap. I'd like to hope this gets run through soon, but we all know how the E likes to beat shitty ideas into the ground, and this group is worse than Aces and Eights were in TNA.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

Retribution's new ring names sound like D List members of Cobra.

When it comes to factions in WWE, they either get split way too soon for no reason (Sanity, The Riot Squad) or eventually booked like crap. I'd like to hope this gets run through soon, but we all know how the E likes to beat shitty ideas into the ground, and this group is worse than Aces and Eights were in TNA.

Man...Sanity was a million times better than this. At the very least, THEY LOOKED FUCKING COOL.

Oh, who's in Sanity? Well, for starters, we got this ultra crazy woman who looks like she's pulling off a gimmick better than Mankind, but wrestles better than Foley. We got a dude who fucking throws windmill punches and will up and act like he's in a mosh pit at a concert in an abandon church's basement. We got Eric Young who has a cool as fuck voice and pulls off acting crazy really well. And then we got Killian Dain who looks like he's the suspect in at least a handful of violent murders, he weighs like 400 lbs. or something, and he flies around the ring better than any fat fuck you've ever seen.

Retribution has a bunch of assholes with ill-fitting Party City masks that get left for the kids who don't bring a costume to school on Halloween and teachers don't want to make them feel left out, they just wear plain black jumpsuits, and some or all have shitty clown makeup.

Sanity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Retribution

Hell, the CORRE was better than Retribution.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This show was as bad as late days WCW.   There's been a lot of bad WWE over the years but this was written by 4th graders.  There was ZERO effort put into any of these stories. I mean I hope there was no effort put into it because if a professional actually tried and this is what they came up with?   My god... 

• Like 2

I like Zelina, but this Asuka feud is rushed, and nothing she did tonight made her look good for the match on Sunday. I did like/Asuka/Peyton while it lasted. It was neat seeing Peyton start off dominated only to gradually show she could be a potential threat as the match continued.

Nia/Shayna squashing Nattie/Lana was fine. I mostly enjoyed it for the post match where poor Lana got put through a table once again. I have nothing against Lana, but I kind of want to see her put threw the table each week as a running gag now.

Raw Underground was probably the worst its been in a few weeks with Ziggler winning for no good reason and Braun/Kato being so short and shitty. If they have no intention of doing anything with the new guy then its better to give up on it now.

I just skipped around the Mysterio/Seth stuff because this feud still going on into Fall is just pure dumbass, let alone adding a whose your daddy angle. 

The Hurt Business continues to look awesome. I have no idea why the fuck I should cheer for Apollo Crews or Ricochet over them at this moment.

The Retribution stuff was was bad as expected. The only highlight with them is pretty much when the Hurt Business is whipping their ass. I just want the group crushed and forgotten already. Those names were so bad I couldn't help but laugh throughout the entire main event. I feel sorry for everyone involved (especially Mercedes), and am only thankful they gave them shit names so hopefully when its over they can pretend this never happened.

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

No lie, I'm anxiously waiting to see if even @Eivioncan defend this fucking trash.

Uhm, dude, I have never defended Retribution. It is probably the worst thing in WWE right now and has been since it started. Its been a lazy half ass idea they keep pushing despite there being no evidence its actually gaining WWE viewers. 

Edited by Eivion

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man...Sanity was a million times better than this. At the very least, THEY LOOKED FUCKING COOL.

Oh, who's in Sanity? Well, for starters, we got this ultra crazy woman who looks like she's pulling off a gimmick better than Mankind, but wrestles better than Foley. We got a dude who fucking throws windmill punches and will up and act like he's in a mosh pit at a concert in an abandon church's basement. We got Eric Young who has a cool as fuck voice and pulls off acting crazy really well. And then we got Killian Dain who looks like he's the suspect in at least a handful of violent murders, he weighs like 400 lbs. or something, and he flies around the ring better than any fat fuck you've ever seen.

Somewhat disagree with this. Sanity was better because they were better defined as characters, but look wise they are pretty similar outside of the masks. Cross isn't a remotely better wrestler than Foley and wasn't having particularly solid matches until after she mostly dropped the crazy and was put with Alexa this past year and half. Sanity had actual thought put into them instead of whatever the fuck Retribution is.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

SANITY's theme music alone is better.  It fucking knocks.  Look,  I'm not being hyperbolic here. Aces & 8's was A LOT better than this. It had a couple dumb swerves thrown in that everyone saw coming a mile away and some of it was stupid but the effort was there and some of the videos were cool.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Apparently Retribution is suppose to main event Survivor Series against a WWE team, but I can't see this angle make it that long unless Vince is that stubborn to not pull the plug which sadly enough is a possibility.

I mean the fact that the group wasn't pulled already should have said enough about how stubborn Vince is. Its not like tonight was the first time they were shitty. 

You know who is putting in the effort around here? The actual talent.. when they are allowed to.  The only reason New Day was funny and entertaining was because they were allowed to be and they wrote their own shit.  

The only reason Sasha Banks has cool fucking gear is because she has an idea and then her husband is creating it.  

The only reason why Daniel Bryan's heel turn worked out so well is because HE had creative control. 

Ditto on Jericho/Owens and their friendship angle. 

I guarantee MVP is writing his promos for The Hurt Business.  Nobody on the writing team nor Vince has a fucking clue. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

I mean the fact that the group wasn't pulled already should have said enough about how stubborn Vince is. Its not like tonight was the first time they were shitty. 

I mean, tonight they doubled down on it on the shittiness.  This angle isn't to hard to do, but they've made every bad choice so far.  Vince hasn't learned to keep it simple.

They're trying to sell us on Retribution being these outcasts when most of the main group--Mia and Dijakovic especially--have been all over NXT, getting title shots. Not that everyone who watches RAW watches NXT. But most will recognize those two at least, goofy code names or not. 

And those names--WTF. Slapjack, T-Bar, Mace? Who are they, 4th-string criminals Spider-Man takes down on his way to school?

Everything about Retribution screams low-budget Purge extras.

Having the RAW locker room come out tonight means nothing when they didn't do it for weeks. At least SmackDown fought back, would surround the ring to keep matches from being interrupted, etc. And wouldn't you know--in kayfabe, they don't bother SD anymore. Funny how that works.

Whatever they do with Aliyah, it's going to be bad. Either they have her in a romance with a much older guy or they have Murphy manipulating her so she'll turn against her family and join the Church of Rollins. Both feel exploitative.

Why should I care about Andrade and Garza getting another shot at the tag titles? They'll probably win, just so they can rub it in Zelina's face that they don't need her.

Speaking of Zelina, Asuka should destroy her in 30 seconds.

It's barely been a month and I'm already tired of KO-Aleister.

They had Braun beat Dabba-Kato. I guess they're going to move Braun to RAW full-time and use Underground to build him back as a title contender. (yawns)

The Hurt Business are great. Shayna/Nia could be fun if they had more of a women's tag division.

This show was a mess.