DVDVR Message Board

Who's Your Papi? - Raw - 9/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Kato gets squashed by Braun, and they pretty much kill Retribution dead (not that anything to do with them makes any sense). 

Who was Retribution Jobber #3 that Bobby mauled before the random DQ?

Why would the people now under contract(why would they sign them?) call the other people also under contract whores and such for taking WWE money like they now do. I'm confused.

That was an awful show.  Retribution's new "Discount Bane Masks from Party City" look is worse than the shit they had before and their names are so bad lol.  

So in the never ending Mysterio Family vs. Rollins feud we are now doing "I'm Your Papi 2.0" but this time with Rey's daughter Aaliyah who Buddy Murphy might be trying to get with ?? 

Also... they spend weeks and weeks on RAW Underground building up these fighters and who goes over?  Fucking Braun Stroman and Dolph Ziggler.  

Fuck Vince McMahon and anyone else who had a hand in writing this show. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Why would the people now under contract(why would they sign them?) call the other people also under contract whores and such for taking WWE money like they now do. I'm confused.

This part truly got to me - Byron's confusion. His confusion confused me.

He was confused as to why WWE would sign Retribution? Are they making it seem like the announcers don't know they're NXT/developmental talent?

The Dominic on a Ladder to decide his parentage was fucking stupid when it was done by Rey and Eddy and it's even worse this go round. This time around they've also involved Rey's daughter and her 5th grade drama student level line delivery and some incredibly creepy suggestion of a pairing with her and Murphy.

The hoss of Raw Underground promptly gets pounded by Strowman before he even makes it to the ring.

Retribution kinda sorta unmask and end up looking like jabronis. NXT's existence gets acknowledged enough that it should be clear who most of them are, yet that's conveniently ignored?

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well, Kato gets squashed by Braun, and they pretty much kill Retribution dead (not that anything to do with them makes any sense). 

Who was Retribution Jobber #3 that Bobby mauled before the random DQ?

Shane Thorne seems to be who most think it is. 

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

This part truly got to me - Byron's confusion. His confusion confused me.

He was confused as to why WWE would sign Retribution? Are they making it seem like the announcers don't know they're NXT/developmental talent?

Well to be fair, it's hard to identify Mace, Slap Jack, T-Bar, Billy Joe, Rocksteady, Dave, #4, #42, Plaid, Blaze, Lazer, Blazer, Me'Shell...

• Thanks 1

I'm getting a "Mortal Kombat DLC Pack No One Wants" vibe from Retribution now.  They've got dime store Bane, a discount Predator, and Jackson VorHayes.   Can Tommy Cage be far behind?

Only watched bits and pieces of the show (around football), but what I saw was... not good.  And Metlzer's recap sounded worse.  I've never seen anything from Vega to make me think she's ready for this spot.  It should take Asuka less than 60 secs to kick her head off.

Am I the only one who wonders why Rey agrees to do this sh*t?  I'll give him a pass on the first parentage angle and blame Vince, but I dunno what to think now.

Edited by Eoae
typos

Words don't describe how fucking shitty Retribution looks. RIP the once promising careers of Dijak and Mia Yim. Their masks and makeup look so fucking shitty. Watching Mia Yim constantly adjust her shitty mask while Dijak looks like the 3rd member of the Ascension is just so many layers of fucking awful. Such a terrible fucking company.

And Keith Lee looks like shit. Way to go WWE. Way. To. Go.

• Like 6

And the writing. The fucking terrible writing.

"Yeah, so, uh, we got these guys and they're always fucking our shit up. They're destroying our private property, illegally entering the building, and just generally committing felonies left and right. How do we, you know, make it so that it doesn't look bad that they can keep doing this when they're not our wrestlers?"

Vince - "Hah hah hah! We'll give em...CONTRACTS! They're WWE wrestlers now!"

There's no way. No fucking way. That the conversation to decide to make these dorks contracted workers for WWE went anywhere beyond that. And all of the fucking yes men and women just nodded their heads.

• Like 2