DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I will admit seeing Robles get hung out to dry like that did give me the same sad feeling as seeing Jerry Koosman get lit up at the tail end of his career at Shea when he was with the Phillies.

• Sad 1

Luis Suárez debuted today and played 20 minutes. He assisted Marcos Llorente and scored a brace. What a player.

João Félix was incredible as well. He assisted Ángel Correa in his goal and scored a goal himself and put some beautiful passes together and pulled off some incredible skills. Hoping he finally found his confidence and his spot in the team and he can continue to perform. Him and Lucho are going to be an incredible pairing, although today they didn't play together as João was paired up with Diego Costa who also had a great a game and they were both subbed off when Lucho and Llorente came on.

In the postgame interview, Costa was one of the players interviewed and he was asked what he thought about Suárez and he said he was great and that he would bite players while Costa kicked them.

To add to the craziness of Spanish football, Winamax Deportes which is a Spanish betting website posted a meme heat map of João's game and Granada tweeted they wanted a public apology. Winamax Deportes is the official shirt sponsor of Granada.

I lost my voice and had a great time watching the game with the family

Edited by Edwin