DVDVR Message Board

NXT - AUTUMN 2020

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Dunne wasn't in the cards. He was on his way back but seemingly for something else. Had Holland not been injured Dunne probably would have been vying for either the NA Title or NXT Title.

Follow up question: So, it was to be Holland, McAfee and Lorcan&Burch? Holland got injured while beating up Lorcan & Burch. So how were they going to work around that? I mean McAfee could have done a Bret Hart'97 type intervention the following week between the likely match between Lorcan (w/ Burch) and Holland and talk some sense into them, but that would have ruined the surprise when he cost Breezango the tag titles.

...One of the best things about this whole angle is how McAfee has been able explain just about everything (including Dunne's inclusion) in a way that it makes sense. And not even like wrestling-sense, but almost actual real life sense...maybe.

Edited by Shartnado
McAfee, the sensible guy in all of this

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Follow up question: So, it was to be Holland, McAfee and Lorcan&Burch? Holland got injured while beating up Lorcan & Burch. So how were they going to work around that? I mean McAfee could have done a Bret Hart'97 type intervention the following week between the likely match between Lorcan (w/ Burch) and Holland and talk some sense into them, but that would have ruined the surprise when he cost Breezango the tag titles.

...One of the best things about this whole angle is how McAfee has been able explain just about everything (including Dunne's inclusion) in a way that it makes sense. And not even like wrestling-sense, but almost actual real life sense...maybe.

From what I recall reading, yes. Holland was a paid gun and so are Lorcan & Burch. They probably would have worked through their issues for the sake of money, status, and maybe giving UE the finger in the case of 1-2. 

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me why they bothered to pay POPPY to come out to “sing” Io to the ring for Halloween Havoc? I loved the first time Io came out and Poppy performed, but this time she was obviously lip syncing and the music was so low you couldn’t barely hear the vocals. Was she supposed to be singing over a backing track and no one told her? I know this was over a month ago, but I’m surprised no one brought this up. What a fucking waste.

Apologies as we have a two days left in quarantine and it’s been my wife and I working from home, our 6 year old doing remote learning, and our 21 year old doing FUCK ALL. Sorry...sorry...little bit stressed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Apologies as we have a two days left in quarantine and it’s been my wife and I working from home, our 6 year old doing remote learning, and our 21 year old doing FUCK ALL. Sorry...sorry...little bit stressed. 

2020, ladies and gentlemen! Don't worry, we can handle a little venting. There's decent chance all but one of those things will improve next year. Wanna guess which one probably won't? (I remember when I was 22).

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, WholeFnMachine said:

Can someone please explain to me why they bothered to pay POPPY to come out to “sing” Io to the ring for Halloween Havoc? I loved the first time Io came out and Poppy performed, but this time she was obviously lip syncing and the music was so low you couldn’t barely hear the vocals. Was she supposed to be singing over a backing track and no one told her? I know this was over a month ago, but I’m surprised no one brought this up. What a fucking waste.

Love to you and your family, my friend. Shaka.

• Thanks 1

Why does his Tron video have a massive FXXX on it? 

Are they just jealous that AEW wrestlers are allowed to say Shit, so they're trying to hint at saying Fuck (but they're not allowed)?

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

HHH has put Gabe Sapolsky in charge of a new NXT show.  "NXT for NXT" is the description... 

So, "Largo Loop The Show"?  

If only they had a promotion that could have done that.  One run and booked by Gabe.  one that basically contained the NXT C team 

Nice to see them EVOLVE in their thinking ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Isn't 205 Live still a thing as well?

Well 205 Live is the cruiserweight version of EVOLVE.   That is where guys like Curt Stallion, August Grey, Ever-Rise, and others are going.   You could put guys like the Rascals on 205 Live.    But barring a huge weight loss you aren't putting Joe Gacy there.    

So they would either need to abandon the concept of 205 Live which given how few people watch it might as well or create another version for all of them. 

Edited by hammerva

205 Live was the best thing in the WWE that no one was watching for a while, but I barely kept up with it after Smackdown moved to Fridays. Given how they'd use it to rotate guys in and out of NXT they weren't doing anything with and would frequently refer to the title as the "NXT Cruiserweight Championship" it might as well just be absorbed by NXT.

I didn't realize Curt Stallion had been signed. He's not someone I would have thought they'd be interested in, but good for him.

A new NXT TV show is being heavily discussed, first reported by Wrestling Inc. and confirmed by our Dave Meltzer.

The initial report said that Paul "HHH" Levesque has assembled a team to oversee the show, headed up by former EVOLVE co-founder Gabe Sapolsky. The show would focus on those trying to get on to the primary NXT roster in an effort to get the less experienced Performance Center talents the in-ring work they need.

Sapolsky tweeted, "Things get way overblown."

Meltzer said the show has been discussed for quite some time, but there is nothing official as of this point. Wrestling Inc. reported that the show was initially targeted for early-2021 but that has been delayed due to the pandemic.

With the pandemic shutting down NXT's various tours, the show would help fill the void left by the the smaller market shows (i.e, the Florida "Coconut Loop" events) NXT frequently has run in the past as there's no certainty when they could return.

It's assumed this would be for the WWE Network.

https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/new-nxt-tv-show-heavily-discussed-not-yet-official-327966