DVDVR Message Board

NXT - AUTUMN 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I like this the participants though it feels weird that O'Reilly is in without having done anything impressive lately along with Thatcher who just lost a NA Title match. Honestly, its just nice that everyone there is a fresh face as far the NXt Title goes.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/09/22/wwe-nxt-finn-balor-pandemic-seinfeld

Why NXT Champion Finn Bálor Fell in Love With Seinfeld During the Pandemic

Naturally, Bálor found parallels between Seinfeld and pro wrestling.

“The show is based around four people, but I became very aware that they only really have three characters in a scene,” Bálor says. “One person leaves and goes to the bathroom, or Kramer goes back to his apartment. They’re tagging in and out the way they keep it rolling and keep it moving.”

If you ever hear a reference in NXT to “these pretzels are making me thirsty,” “yada yada yada,” or double-dipping, the source won’t be hard to trace. Just like the championship belt he wears in NXT, Bálor believes Seinfeld is gold.

Seinfeld Devils GIF by Romy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
quote issues

Damn, I feel really bad for Tegan.  It seems every time she gets something meaningful going on she has a leg injury.  That's incredibly bad luck and with the injuries she's had I wonder at what point will she start reconsidering her career.  I adore her to bits and hope she'll continue after recovery.  But part of me is already anticipating a different outcome at the end of this.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Damn, I feel really bad for Tegan.  It seems every time she gets something meaningful going on she has a leg injury.  That's incredibly bad luck and with the injuries she's had I wonder at what point will she start reconsidering her career.  I adore her to bits and hope she'll continue after recovery.  But part of me is already anticipating a different outcome at the end of this.

I honestly though her most recent return was ill advised. Her braces are worse than Stone Cold's and her mobility has decreased a lot. Another injury seemed inevitable.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Triple H said the upcoming NXT Take Over will have game changing look and feel.

I dunno if I'd consider it game changing, but I feel like there's going to be some sort of shake-up/implosion of UE.  Cole seems to be mostly behaving like a babyface since the match with Balor (he did threaten to have UE beat up Austin Theory, but UE never actually showed and Cole wrestled the match like a babyface).  It feels like they're getting ready to split him off or maybe give O'Reilly some sort of big push.  Triple H said they had big plans for KOR anyway, but the pandemic has pushed the timeline up.

I don't really see much coming of an O'Reilly singles push, but we'll see.  If heel Cole wasn't so played out, I'd guess UE would turn on O'Reilly to cost him the title match since the title "should" be Cole's and that would be the big feud going forward.  Maybe UE implodes and a new heel faction comes out of it?  Honestly, I'd be down with a double turn.  I'd be more interested in a heel faction led by Balor and Strong than anything they've ever done with UE.

For some reason, I really want a Bronson Reed megapush.  He's looked good of late and seems to have the sort of charisma that might translate to the main roster.  Too bad Vince probably looks at Reed and remembers he's already got a dancing fat guy on the main roster.  I kinda suspect Reed to remain parked in NXT until Otis fails a wellness test.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The change is that Takeover (and NXT shows) will now be from the Performance Center

Wee!!!

So if regular NXT shows are at the PC now then it sounds like they're either done with Full Sail or just pausing the contract since people can't attend.  I hope it's the latter as once COVID's done having the crowd anywhere but Full Sail will feel weird to me.

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So if regular NXT shows are at the PC now then it sounds like they're either done with Full Sail or just pausing the contract since people can't attend.  I hope it's the latter as once COVID's done having the crowd anywhere but Full Sail will feel weird to me.

Same.  This feels less like "game changing" and more like "step backwards to save money.".  Hopefully, they go back to Full Sail (or at least somewhere besides the PC) once COVID recedes into the background and they start running shows before crowds again.

• Like 1