DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is PWG - 9/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

What I don't understand is this - that guy that helped Sheamus a few weeks ago? Did he agree to help Big E this week? If so....why? Did he not think that E would want some kind of revenge? And if not, why would E just act naturally and go along with it? Why did the ref's care if Big E beat him up? He's not another wrestler. Is he even a real security guy? There are many problems with this bit.

Also, why is Adam Pierce on TV so much now? It's really annoying.

Always fun to see Otis beat up Miz & Morrison. Not sure about the Lawyer thing.

Sami/AJ was nice. I dug Jeff making the challenge a TLC match.

Nikki/Lacey was alright. I did like that Sister Abigail Alexa hit on Lacey post match.

Sasha's promo was nice enough, but i couldn't help but laugh when Bayley got her from behind right as she was finishing. 

The promo before the street fight was short, simple, & nice. The street fight itself was pretty darn fun as well. I loved Roman being all smiles with Jey after the win only to have that murder look in his eyes as Jey walked to the back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Always fun to see Otis beat up Miz & Morrison. Not sure about the Lawyer thing.

Sami/AJ was nice. I dug Jeff making the challenge a TLC match.

Nikki/Lacey was alright. I did like that Sister Abigail Alexa hit on Lacey post match.

Sasha's promo was nice enough, but i couldn't help but laugh when Bayley got her from behind right as she was finishing. 

The promo before the street fight was short, simple, & nice. The street fight itself was pretty darn fun as well. I loved Roman being all smiles with Jey after the win only to have that murder look in his eyes as Jey walked to the back.

I checked out when Nikki no-sold gobs of lethal hand sanitizer in her eyes. Even Cole realized how stupid that looked.

I checked back in when E uttered one of the lines of the year: "I don't know your name, I'm going to call you Larry. You like that Larry?"  lolololol

• Like 2

Bliss going into a murder trance every time someone mentions "The Fiend" in her presence is growing on me.  One of the few with the acting chops/facial expressiveness to actually pull this off.

no idea where this actually goes, but I'm okay with Lacey Evans being the one who unwittingly triggers her every week until they figure that out.

• Like 2

SD has turned a bit of a corner after Roman’s return and the Role Models split, and isn’t too bad of a show right now. There’s some good stuff here.

Roman Reigns is going to annihilate Jey Uso in about 3 minutes at the PPV, right? I’m talking full blown Undertaker on David Flair. I know WWE rarely does color, but if there ever was a time, here’s one. 

I'm having flashbacks to early 90's Sting when Jey talks.  Poor, poor gullible smiling babyface.

I laughed when Jey dropped the line about Heyman explaining that last week's tag match was the result of a miscommunication.  

This is the most interested I've been in a WWE PPV in years.

Is that a wig on Carmella/mystery heels lady? I know all of the women use extensions when on TV but that hair seemed a bit much.

Loved Big E talking trash and beating up Larry. I like that they're taking their time with Big E. 

I'm still not used to Roman's new teeth it's distracting. Jey is going to get wrecked next week ?

8 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Carmella/mystery heels lady

It's definitely been Carmella so far. They failed to cover up one of her tattoos last week. 

• Like 1

I haven't finished watching the show, but Miz getting his clothes ripped off to reveal underwear that are slightly less revealing than the trunks he wears every week and running around acting embarassed while showing less skin than he normally does maybe me LOL

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Tucker's impending heel turn isn't exactly subtle.

This drives me nuts. Why? Why turn him? You want Otis to be a single? Is there a reason he can’t have a friend? One of the best things about heavy machinery is that these guys feel like good friends who have each other’s backs. The world doesn’t need Otis vs Tucker. Let’s be honest, the window of Vince giving a shit about Otis is probably closing. Cesaro and Nakamura going to need to challengers soon! Damn “creative” drives me insane sometimes

It's almost like they're trying to turn Otis into some Bastion Booger/David Sullivan hybrid and do the "poor stupid fat guy has no friends and snaps" thing once Tucker turns. I keep hearing the whole "Vince doesn't like tag teams" talking point, but holy shit there are so many cases of teams where the sum is greater than the parts. Tucker might have a shot as a singles guy, and while I like Otis, his solo ceiling is low card comedy act that people are going to laugh at and not with.