DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

I keep coming back to this game before it's fixed, but sometimes that leads to fun discoveries. I basically put all of my points into Int, Technical, and Cool, which leads to me wiping everything out with cyberhacks and my katana. It had been awhile since I crafted anything and I discovered that I had Epic recipes for Suicide and Cyberpsychosis. I had never used Suicide before, but my friend told me about it and it sounded fun. I loaded up my deck with Suicide, Cyberpsychosis, Contagion, Detonate Grenade, and System Shutdown all at epic levels of rarity. I also realized I need to get to a ripperdock to be able to use more than 5 cyberhacks.

Anyway, I decided to take on a gig with a High danger level because those are usually very difficult with just my sword and guns. The gig was to break into an apartment under construction and kill and shady slumlord. I first used Cyberpsychosis and watched the fun begin. Seeing a crazed enemy attack other enemies around him was pretty cool because he probably took out two guys. I got close enough and used Cyberpsychosis again on someone else and let the carnage resume. After that, I used Suicide on the few folks remaining. Let me tell you, that Suicide quickhack is fucking dark. I wound up wiping out the whole building without ever having to take out my katana.

And it's moments or personal stories like that that remind me of FO4 or New Vegas or even the Witcher 3. Just wild shit that you come up with and it all plays out in front of you as crazily as you dreamt it up. That's a big part of what makes this game good and why it got so, so close to being a classic. It's too bad most of the gun combat is lame, the police AI is busted, it crashes too much, and has a number of other problems. I really do think it's a good game, but it could have been great. I'm hoping they do a No Man's Sky type job on this thing and keep fixing it, but with recent patches breaking the game even more, I'm not getting my hopes up.

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm hoping they do a No Man's Sky type job on this thing and keep fixing it, but with recent patches breaking the game even more, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I haven't noticed any marketable improvement in "environmental stability" from 1.1. 

I haven't seen any of the trademark comical tree deformations anymore, but I've noticed more weird things going on in relation to the ground like parked motorcycles and vans being partially embedded in concrete or limbs I've severed from enemies dropping through the street so that I can see them wiggling around under the surface.

I also continue to see poltergeist activity like trash cans spinning around in areas that I return to.  This usually happens after an NPC has brushed by the object and moved it a tiny fraction.  Then when the game tries to reload the area I've been to, the object "hops" because it's not on its original place marker.

CDPR could also stand to fix the vehicle pathing in front of V's megablock so that cars and trucks don't continue to demolish the noodle stand where V meets Jackie after The Rescue.  It is somewhat amusing to see an Arasaka truck or a delivery van come flying around the corner, partially noclip through the concrete barriers, and then tear itself to pieces and destroy the noodle shop's billboard and outdoor seating while people flee in all directions.

I've got an ongoing Street Kid game, but I probably won't finish it until I either see drastic improvement in performance in this version or until Smart Delivery sends me my Series X version for free.  I'll continue to explore the city with my Nomad and Corpo playthroughs.

I basically put all of my points into Int, Technical, and Cool, which leads to me wiping everything out with cyberhacks and my katana.

I have a similar build, but I have put a lot of points into Stealth and Cold Blood as well as Quickhacks.  I have put just enough points into Technical Ability to allow me to craft Legendary items, but not enough to max the skill.  If you are stingy with your attribute points you can max out three of them, but I think I will be good with max Cool and Intellect and having a healthy point distribution between my remaining attributes.

The Sniper perk from Stealth can be pretty sick since it stacks with Assassin (also a Stealth perk) and the other Assault perks, which makes the Tech sniper rifle extremely deadly.  If you use Ping to locate your enemies, you can pretty much fire bullets through anything and a decent scope that has a range modifier of over +1% or better is your best friend.  

As far as scope recommendations go, I prefer the Prospecta for my sniper rifle.

With the right perks and mod synergy from weapons, armor, and cybernetics, the Nekomata can nearly break the game.  Being able to effectively pick off enemies outside of a Hostile Area is huge.

Cold Blood really compliments my CQB skills when I am using a katana or my monowire.  I also fight dirty by uploading Cripple Movement or Reboot Optics before I go in for the kill and Forget Me Not returns 1 RAM to me after I murder my target while he is under the effect of my hack.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Here's a weird thing I had happen to me. I always go with a Katana, a legendary iconic semi auto rifle with smart bullets, and a legendary iconic submachine gun that also has smart bullets with the added bonus of blowing off limbs, setting people on fire, or straight up blowing people up. The two guns were over 300 DPS. Well over 300 because I kept upgrading them.

When I discovered I can craft that Suicide Quickhack, I noticed that all of the guns in my inventory that I didn't break down yet had green triangles, which was weird. Up until then, it was rare for me to find a gun that did higher than 300 or 400 DPS. So I go to look at my equipped guns and they're only doing around 120 DPS. I haven't changed my clothing or mods so it can't be that. I think the patch somehow fucked up the DPS on my equipped guns, which sucks.

I also noticed that this happened one other time. When I unequipped the gun by switching to something else, the DPS went right back up. So I re-equipped it and the higher DPS stayed. I'll have to try that again, but I wish there was some kind of a notification for DPS changes or whatever. It doesn't make any sense for the DPS to just suddenly drop by more than half.

• Like 1

I have also seen the DPS on the legendary version of my Black Unicorn katana fluctuate as I unequip and reequip it.

My go-to load out consists of my Nekomata sniper rifle, an Epic smart pistol, and the Black Unicorn katana.  I also keep a stun baton on me for Cyberpsycho missions (if I am not using Skippy in Puppy Lover mode) and I occasionally will break out Yorinobu's auto pistol, Kongou, when the feeling strikes me..

I tend to use Monowire a lot.  I'm not a fan of Mantis Blades and I only equip Gorilla Fists for Beat The Brat fight club bullshit.

I have a flash suppressed Power assault rifle and a Smart SMG that I keep in the trunk of my car for emergencies.  I try to limit the items I place in my Apartment stash to Iconic weapons that show up in the Arsenal.  So far, I've got Saburo Arasaka's katana, one of Jackie's auto pistols, and a couple other weapons in my collection.  I remember having to craft them, but I don't remember where I got the specs.

I am still a bit annoyed that CDPR took out the ability to store clothes in the closet of your apartment.

Edited by J.T.

Speaking of the arsenal in V's apartment:

Spoiler

Skippy is one of the weapons that shows up in your trophy arsenal if you place it in your stash.

In the Machine Gun quest, Regina will call you after a few days and ask you to return the weapon to her.  You will only get a E$ 7000 reward for it.  I am not sure of the in-game consequences with Regina you may suffer if you keep Skippy, but you'll have a hole in your weapon collection if you don't.

I have a save in my Corpo playthrough where I gave Skippy back, so we'll see if I fail the quest if I decide to keep Skippy for myself in my Nomad game

Oh, and using daemons like Detonate Grenade, Suicide, and employing the Turret Override hack on enemies while I have access to a CCTV system will never get old.

Edited by J.T.

The awesome submachine gun I have isn't the Skippy, but it's the one you can find near the end of act 2 when you infiltrate the warehouse storing the floats for Hanako. A couple computers make reference to storage container 667. The storage container is outside and booby trapped with a mine you can easily shoot or disarm. There's also a guy in a mech walking around, but I learned that System Shutdown is a 1 hit kill for mechs, so just use that.

As for the System Shutdown Quickhack, or whatever it's called, it is beyond dumb. It's almost always a 1 hit kill, even on mechs. It also doesn't alert anyone around the target, which is even dumber. I used it on the mech I described above and that thing went down right in front of a guard and the guard never thought anything was suspicious. Another time I tried testing it on a high level target surrounded by others on a gig I did. Once again I snuck in, used the Quickhack without being seen, target goes down, and everyone around them just keeps standing around doing nothing. I get a mission complete message.

This is a pretty good example of Cyberpunk 2077 being bad. I don't think I've ever played a AAA game with AI that is quite this dumb or bad.

BTW - the price is down to $35

I am not sure if that is a permanent price drop or just sales for the moment but theoretically you could grab a copy and just wait for the "next gen" upgrade (via smart delivery).

Of course - you can also just wait and probably grab it for $20 by summer

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

This is a pretty good example of Cyberpunk 2077 being bad. I don't think I've ever played a AAA game with AI that is quite this dumb or bad.

The AI in this game is nowhere near Alpha Protocol levels of horrible, but it is pretty bad.  

When I was a lowbie, my favorite thing to do to clear Assaults was to kill a guy with a suppressed weapon and then not hide the body on purpose so that I could pick off anyone coming to investigate. 

Sometimes I could get like five or six corpses piled up in the same spot as the game is dumb and keeps sending lone patrollers to investigate the decoy and catch a bullet rather than having a group of enemies fan out to search for the shooter.  If you see several dead bodies in one location, it is probably a good idea to avoid it.

Once you have Ping, Double Jump cyberware, and a Nekomata / Prospect, clearing assaults is almost trivial.  Nearly any elevation with a decent vantage point becomes a sniper's nest and you can shoot through any cover from far outside the Hostile Area.

I think I hate the AI for crowds more than I do the AI for enemies.  I don't understand why entire blocks don't clear out when shots are fired (is violence so common that the sound of gunfire barely fazes anyone?) or why motorists will come to a dead stop if some asshole is crossing the street against the light, while I will invariably will be struck by a car if I attempt to jaywalk.

I also hate it when people stay frozen in their panic crouch even after I have dealt with their assailants.   That's usually a good sign that the saves are eating too much memory and needs to be reloaded.

Edited by J.T.

Okay, I remember where I got the weapon specs for two of the guns on my trophy wall.  

I got the Buzzsaw SMG spec from the Organized Crime Hustle where you bust up Yelena Siderova's scav gang while they are murdering homeless people squatting on a property slated for development.   The fucking NCPD Police Commissioner is the one fronting the gig.  The hustle location is very close to Cassius's Ripperdoc office.

I got the spec for the Psalm 11:6 assault rifle from the Organized Crime Hustle in Northside Watson.  There is some Maelstrom faction run by an asshole serial killer nicknamed Ymir that is running black market implants.   The gig is located near the Zed Dead clothing store.  You'll know it because there are a lot of above ground petrochem containers on the property.  

You can also loot a pair of Legendary Armor item (Neotac Pants?) from the top of one of the petrochem containers across the street from where Ymir's gang is holed up.  You can use that spot as a vantage point to snipe the living shit out of most of the members of Ymir's gang.

So yeah.  There is a pattern.  When you are responding to OCHs, be mindful that the boss might have a weapon spec on him and they are not guaranteed drops.  I think I lucked out and reloaded the save over something completionist (I think I was deactivating cameras by hand to milk Engineering XP) where I was fighting Ymir's gang and he dropped the spec for the Psalm on the second try.

I was a little bummed that only specific weapons can be placed in the arsenal.  I've long abandoned Dying Light and Chaos, so they are just sitting there in my Stash collecting dust.  

Edited by J.T.

The 1.11 hotfix is now available.  Allegedly it should fix the things that the 1.1 Patch broke.

The hotfix should also revert some loot tables to pre 1.1 settings.  I assume someone got annoyed when they expected to loot a new bomber jacket for Male V and instead found a pair of denim booty shorts.

EDIT:  Okay, the new loot table is still out there.  What happened was that the 1.1 patch broke Legendary items so that they couldn't randomize if unclaimed.  The hotfix enables you to reload a previous save and shoot for a better roll for a Legendary you haven't looted.

I'm downloading the patch now.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

It's hardly news that Elon Musk has terrible opinions.  Of course, he likes Cyberpunk.

Grimes aka the mother of his kid has a song in the game so of course he'd pimp it.

She performed at the Video Game Awards while she was pregnant.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I think 1.11 broke my in-game camera.  I've noticed that my field of view has been shortened.  Things in front of my "face" appear to look far closer than they should.

I noticed this when I was in a melee combat stance and my right guard hand took up a good portion of the screen.  My arms also look a lot shorter when I am gesturing during conversations.

I've posted this in the CDPR tech support forums to see what they say.  I'll probably end up reinstalling this stupid game.

Why can't Bloodlines be out already?

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...

Messed around and unlocked the Gun Fu medal this morning thanks to the RT-46 Burya (Rare) I looted during Regina's Shark In The Water gig.  It hits like a fucking fire truck.

Remember that the 1.11. patch returned randomization to loot crates so don't loot the case in Blake's office during that mission unless you get a Burya that is Rare or better and also has the double bullet feature.  Save your game before you kill Blake and keep reloading until you get the roll you like.

You'll be able to tell because the DPS value for the double bullet version is almost double the DPS of a normal Burya.

The Burya is also a Tech pistol (specifically a revolver) so it will shoot through just about anything to devastating effect, but you can't make the best out of the weapon unless you have at least a 6 in your Body score.

If you want a decent Tech revolver but don't want to invest more than a five or so points into your Body score, the Quasar isn't half bad.

Edited by J.T.

Kotaku and Ars Technica are reporting that the hackers that stole the 2077 source code have made good on their threat to sell it on the dark web.

The running joke on the reddits is that CDPR paid the hackers to leak the code in order to outsource patch coding to independent talent so that they don't have to pay them any overtime.

The other running joke is that this incident will be the excuse that CDPR uses to push back the development timetable a couple of months.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I really just need to finish this. I'm on act 3, I'm down to maybe 1 or 2 side-missions to finish, I have some outstanding gigs to do, but I may just skip those, and all that's left after that is the last of the main quest.

One thing that is slightly annoying is one of my side missions was to kill Adam Smasher, which lead me to finding some other dude, and then that was it. I'm assuming I'll have my showdown with Smasher in the last of the main quest, but we'll see.

So I found another weird thing. Somehow every single Regina Jones gig is bugged for me now. When I arrive at the marker on the map to discover it, she either:

A) Doesn't call me at all

B) Calls me to close out a gig I had already finished for her

or C) Calls me to start a gig that I had already finished for her. 

I swear this game has gotten worse since they started trying to fix it. 

I finally finished up my last side quest and the last side quest in the game. I think I can honestly say I only ran into 1 or 2 bugged missions, but that isn't the problem.

The stories for these side quests are so...dull. I'm used to CDPR being the masters of side quests because I could spend forever in the Witcher 3 fucking about with those because many of them were pretty cool. In this though, it's just the same shit over and over again. I came to a point where I nearly just went to the final main quest because I got so sick of the structure for side quests of getting a call and having to go another part of the map and do and additional really lame thing with Kerry.

I doubt I'll come back to Cyberpunk 2077 once I finish the main quest. The Witcher 3 felt like an entire world of quests and possibilities and Cyberpunk 2077 is just the same shit over and over and over and over again. Very rarely would I run into something cool or unexpected, like a sentient vending machine that just starts talking to me, whereas in the Witcher 3 I felt like any place I went to could turn into something interesting.

The biggest problem is that all of these characters are so flat that I don't really care about any of them. Again, Witcher 3 comparison, but there are so many major and minor characters that I cared about and wanted to fight for or protect or help. This is just not that. With Cyberpunk 2077, CDPR feels like they regressed back to the Witcher 1. I can take some bad or repetitive gameplay if the stories and characters are good. I can maybe count on both hands the number of good stories or characters in this game. That's pretty poor.

So once I'm done with the main quest, I'll probably re-load my save and try a different option for finishing things, but there's no way I'm replaying the game and I don't see the point in re-installing it when they release the PS5 upgrade. This has definitely been a pretty disappointing game when the potential was there for it to be amazing.

Several news outlets are erroneously reporting that the hackers that hit CDPR earned $7 Million by auctioning off source code they nabbed during a recent ransomware attack.  The thieves made off with the source code for Gwent, Witcher 3, and Cyberpunk 2077.

The group, HelloKitty (for reals), allegedly put the code up for sale on a dark web forum now known as EXPLOIT.  The bundle had an opening bid of $1 Million with $500K opening increments, and had a "buy it now" price tag of $7 Million.  The auction required an attendance fee of .01 BTC (approximately $4K) to participate.

Several security companies investigating this matter have concluded that the auction was closed with no apparent buyer and then the group began circulating rumors that they had sold the code.  This was probably done to allow the group to save face after they failed to monetize the attack after CDPR refused to pay the ransom.

IIRC the last significant unauthorized release of source code from a game company was the 2020 "Gigaleak" of Nintendo SNES and N64 source code on 4Chan.

Edited by J.T.

Makes me sad to see CDPR squander all that good will from The Witcher 3 in one fell swoop. They really bit off more than they could chew here.

The major warning sign for me was when they said this game would be first person. The other major warning sign was when they said no loading. I mean The Witcher 3 is huge and it's full of constant load times. And this world and sandbox were even bigger and more ambitious.

Edited by TheVileOne

I doubt I'll come back to Cyberpunk 2077 once I finish the main quest. The Witcher 3 felt like an entire world of quests and possibilities and Cyberpunk 2077 is just the same shit over and over and over and over again. 

Despite the glitches, I find the game world to be amusingly immersive even though the gameplay becomes rather repetitive once you hit 20th level or so.  The right build of netrunner or solo can really trivialize most encounters as you can hack or bullet-time shoot your way out of just about any situation. 

I can't really lay the blame CDPR for this, as the challenge of just about any RPG can be murdered by determined min/max and item grinding.  I had a notorious Assassin build in Skyrim and I also killed KOTOR, KOTOR2, and most of the Mass Effect campaigns with applied character builds.

I haven't finished the Xbox One version of the game yet in favor of screwing around the city until the 1.2 Patch arrives and hopefully cleans up even more bugs, especially the graphics glitches that causes my skin to tear at my shoulders while I have Mantis Blades or Monowire installed.

TBH, the 1.11 "patch" seems to have broken more things than it fixed.  A lot of the description text in the Crafting menu is broken and now shows the internal code delimiters (int_0, int_1, etc.) instead of masking them like previous patches did and just telling you that you are unable to craft or upgrade an item at your current skill level.

The AI for crowds and generic NPCs seems to have gotten worse since 1.11 also.  I smirk when gangs start shooting each other during a random scanner hustle and only one person in a crowd panics, or if I save some Night Citizen's ass from an assault and they continue to cower for hours when they used to immediately stand up, thank you for the rescue, and then go on their way.

The AI for NCPD and Trauma Team has definitely been broken by 1.11 as those assholes are just as likely to shoot me as shoot the bad guys if I rush in to help them out or if they happen to be nearby when I am in a gun battle with criminals.  I am an NCPD sub-con doing your job for you.  Show some fucking respect, guys.

The environment in 1.11 is still fucked up.  I've noticed that if you do not move the motorcycle in the parking lot of the motel where the Flight of the Cheetah gig takes place before you take Hwangbo to the exfiltration point, it will be swallowed into the ground when you return to the motel.  Cars don't seem to noclip through the ground, but I have seen a lot of partially embedded motorcycles and vans since this new fucking patch dropped to fix one fucking quest.

I will probably end up playing the Series X version for reals to finish the campaign since I will get it for free thanks to Smart Delivery.   Depending on how well the game shapes up on Series X, I may or may not purchase the DLC.

My Series X may just lie dormant until Mass Effect: LE goes on sale and then go back to sleep until Bloodlines 2 is released whenever the fuck it comes out.

Edited by J.T.