DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

4 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I did the side quest where you reunite his band. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I liked seeing Johnny kind of evolve into wanting to help you and be your friend. This may be a glitchy game and the actual playing as Silverhand parts slow it down but I think they did a good job with making you care about V's relationship with other characters. I felt sad when Jackie died, got invested in making things work with Panam and help her and want to help Johnny get some peace.

Who did you guys pick to do the gig with you? I picked Denny. At the end of the day, Henry was a dick who filled up her pool with concrete and was an unstable drug addict.

I always pick Denny. Like you said Henry's an unstable addict and a dick to boot.

50 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I always pick Denny. Like you said Henry's an unstable addict and a dick to boot.

The only decent reasons I've seen people use for picking Henry is that the show means more to him than it does to Denny. She's apparently really wealthy (she chucks a gold plated baseball bat into the pool and doesn't care what happens to it afterwards) and doing well and doesn't seem to care all that much about actually getting the band back together.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, elizium said:

I've noticed some cheap copies at a few games stores I've popped into recently, is this playable on a PS4 yet? Or should I just write this one off and wait until I buy a PS5 in like 4 years?

I'm playing it on PS4 now and haven't had any major issues with it and haven't seen any big glitches or anything. I've had a couple of crashes but they've been pretty far apart so it's not like a regular thing. The couple of times it's happened, it's been when I've fast traveled. I just do the same thing I do with Fallout games which is quicksave often.

• Like 1

For those of you who've beaten the game, do you get to free roam after the endings? I've googled but keep coming up with conflicting answers. Some people say the game puts you back at the point of no return but all you can do from there is just do a different ending path. Others say you can just free roam and keep doing side missions before choosing another ending. You'd think a fairly simple question like that would have a straightforward answer but I haven't seen it so I'm asking you guys. Also, do you keep the stuff you gain during the final mission as well?

I think that the Nocturne Op55N1 mission is the point-of-no-return.  If you choose "another gig?" after the end credits, the game is supposed to put you back at Embers with all of the loot you got during Nocturne Op55N1, but I have not played in a while so I cannot confirm if the bug that strips you of your final mission gear when you chose the "another gig?" prompt is still unpatched.

There is definitely no New Game+ option that allows you to start a new game with the gear you collected during a playthrough.   Once you make your endgame decision, you're stuck with it.  You can only go and complete any remaining side gigs before going to the final mission to see if you can get a different ending.

It also appears that any DLC missions will have to be played within the context of the main story.  Nothing happens once you send V in to either destroy or negotiate with Arasaka.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think that the Nocturne Op55N1 mission is the point-of-no-return.  If you choose "another gig?" after the end credits, the game is supposed to put you back at Embers with all of the loot you got during Nocturne Op55N1, but I have not played in a while so I cannot confirm if the bug that strips you of your final mission gear when you chose the "another gig?" prompt is still unpatched.

There is definitely no New Game+ option that allows you to start a new game with the gear you collected during a playthrough.   Once you make your endgame decision, you're stuck with it.  You can only go and complete any remaining side gigs before going to the final mission to see if you can get a different ending.

It also appears that any DLC missions will have to be played within the context of the main story.  Nothing happens once you send V in to either destroy or negotiate with Arasaka.

Thanks! The bolded is mainly what I was looking for. I'm ready to go and do some of the endings but still have some side quests, gigs, etc that I don't feel like plowing through beforehand. I basically just want to do some endings and then be able to go back, do some other side quests at my leisure and then maybe try another ending. Not really looking to start a brand new game.

If Cyberpunk 2077 did anything right on first go, it was the soundtrack.   All of the radio stations are excellent and the incidental music has true gravitas.

The Rebel Path playing in the background really does make the Arasaka raid feel epic, especially when Johnny is shooting through walls with the Malorian Arms 3516 to kill Arasaka security guards as he fights his way to the access port in Saburo's office.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Do certain weapons have a max upgrade point? I can't upgrade Overwatch and Johnny's pistol anymore for some reason. They don't show up in the upgrade screen anymore. Kinda odd because I can still upgrade every other iconic weapon. I have Comrade's Hammer upgraded to where it does something like 1,200 DPS.

Upgrade ceilings are level locked.  You can't upgrade a normal gun or a crafted weapon past your current character level.  Level up and you will be able to continue upgrading.

Quest given and iconic weapons do not have a level restriction, so you can upgrade them all the way to 50 and still use them if you are underleveled.  You may have already reached the Level 50 cap for Overwatch and the Malorian Arms 3516 via crafting.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, J.T. said:

Upgrade ceilings are level locked.  You can't upgrade a normal gun or a crafted weapon past your current character level.  Level up and you will be able to continue upgrading.

Quest given and iconic weapons do not have a level restriction, so you can upgrade them all the way to 50 and still use them if you are underleveled.  You may have already reached the Level 50 cap for Overwatch and the Malorian Arms 3516 via crafting.

Ah thanks. I must've gotten them up to Level 50 then. I upgraded Overwatch a bunch as it's my go to sniper rifle. Didn't think I'd upgraded the Malorian that much but I did get it fairly deep into the game (probably around level 35-40) so it likely didn't take many upgrades to get to its max. I was just confused because they just disappeared from the Upgrade menu with no message or anything. That's why I thought it might be some kind of bug.

Did my first ending. Went with Panam and the Aldacadoes and

Spoiler

stayed in my body. IMO my V would keep going until he dropped dead or found a cure and I feel like Johnny would be disappointed in you for doing anything else.

. I'm gonna consider that the "canon" ending for my character even though I'm going to do the others as well.

Also, the fight with Smasher wasn't even that hard. I had been thinking it was gonna be tough and was maxing out all of my chemical weapons but I managed to beat him pretty easily with Comrade's Hammer and a couple of shots from Bloody Maria.

• Like 1

The fight with Smasher is not terribly hard as long as you don't let him close the gap on you.  As you said, he's weak to Chemical weapons and Tech weapons can penetrate his chest plate and damage his weak point aka his heart which is one of the few remaining human organs he has. 

I used Johnny's pistol on him at medium range to break the plate and then switched to the Overwatch sniper rifle (BUILT IN SUPPRESSOR~!) so that I could shoot at long range from stealth after breaking Adam's chest plate.

The Weapon Malfunction and Cyberware Malfunction quickhacks were also helpful in keeping Smasher at bay so that I could move to more tactical positions once he got a bead on me.

Edited by J.T.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, J.T. said:

The fight with Smasher is not terribly hard as long as you don't let him close the gap on you.  As you said, he's weak to Chemical weapons and Tech weapons can penetrate his chest plate and damage his weak point aka his heart which is one of the few remaining human organs he has. 

I used Johnny's pistol on him at medium range to break the plate and then switched to the Overwatch sniper rifle (BUILT IN SUPPRESSOR~!) so that I could shoot at long range from stealth after breaking Adam's chest plate.

The Weapon Malfunction and Cyberware Malfunction quickhacks were also helpful in keeping Smasher at bay so that I could move to more tactical positions once he got  bead on me.

So what's funny is that I blasted him with Johnny's pistol to get him down to 0% but I think I got him in midjump or something and he ended up on a ledge that I couldn't get to. The dialogue proceeded as normal and I was able kill him but I had to go to the other side of the room to get a clear shot at him. Took me a couple of tries because he was at a weird angle and I was worried that I'd end up having to spare him which I did not want to do.

• Like 1

The layout of the building is weird and there are still a lot of pathing bugs despite the patches.  I hate it when enemies get stuck somewhere that is almost impossible to reach, but that is why Tech sniper rifles are in the game that allow you to shoot through nearly anything and hit your target.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished all of the endings. The "Don't Fear The Reaper" ending was really f'n hard due to your health only regenerating to a certain point. Took me a couple of tries to get that one done. Don't really have anything else to do in the game now though. There are a few police scanner jobs I left and I don't really have any interest in the Beat on Brat missions or that driving one you do for the Afterlife bartender so I'm probably done with the game unless some DLC comes out. Overall, I really enjoyed the game and didn't encounter any game breaking glitches.

• Like 1

Night City Wire on Tuesday, and then right after it is a REDstream. Their Instagram hints at stuff for the next update, which is things like Edgerunner (the anime) content and missions, new weapons and new features.

Patch 1.6 went live today.  Some of the content pimps the upcoming Edgerunners animated series.

Edgerunners Update (Patch 1.6) — list of changes - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Biggest takeaway is the addition of transmog so no more running around with clashing clothing skins.  You will always be able to coordinate.   

There are also more tweaks and some current gen only content.  PS4 and Xbox 1 support is slowly dying.

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...