DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish there was an easier way of discovering the police scanner quests than just randomly driving by one. Completing gigs is easy, because they just spawn one after the other when you're doing them for a certain person/area of the map.

Same thing with side jobs - the map is so massive that I can't possibly drive around and discover every side job. I'm trying to stretch this game out as much as I can because I'm on the endgame mission and, despite knowing the game kicks you back to right before that once you're done, I rather have the map clear going into that last mission. I'm sitting at like 48 hours put into the game, and all I have left are the gigs, police scanner quests and races.

It would be cool if some of these shards you pick up randomly in the open world wasn't JUST lore, but led to side jobs or random treasure hunts or whatever.

All of that said, though - this is a really fun game, and it's a shame that the launch went the way it did (and they didn't have next gen versions ready to go). In almost 50 hours, I've had ONE crash and very, very few bugs/glitches. Well worth the on-sale price of $25 or whatever it is currently in the digital marketplaces. My only complaint is I wish there was just.... more. I'm still surprised they didn't at least announce that an expansion or two will be coming in the future when they launched the next gen version, but I guess since that was sort of a soft relaunch they want people to beat the game or whatever first, maybe?

Update: If you do the final mission, once the game kicks you back to right before that mission once you complete the main storyline, it gives you the location of all the NCPD gigs. So that's fun. Now I just have to do the final mission like, three more times to get those path-specific trophies.

Speaking of trophies - I'm pretty sure the superhero landing one is (still) glitched, because I've definitely killed two enemies at once with it and nothing popped. Very annoying, since I got the other stupid gameplay ones like two headshots with one bullet, shooting a grenade with a revolver, etc. I'm getting closer to 100%, but I have a feeling this superhero landing thing is going to be the bane of my existence and cause me to stall out at 99% done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh its gonna show up sooner or later, but if they are smart they'll actually thoroughly test it this time and make sure it works. Keep in mind the last sales numbers was it sold 18 million copies, it may have been buggy as hell and disappointed the vast majority but it still is owned by a lot of people and seems to be working better now. They aren't going to leave potentially millions of dollars on the table, especially if they can reclaim any goodwill in the meantime.

For me, I played it at launch and with a PS5 didn't really have the issues others did, I played through all the endings and had a good time. But for me to go back and play it again, the DLC will have to be obviously not buggy but entertaining enough to get me to start a new playthrough, as after two years I am not going to re-load my old save and start from there. So we'll see.

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Keep in mind the last sales numbers was it sold 18 million copies, it may have been buggy as hell and disappointed the vast majority but it still is owned by a lot of people and seems to be working better now. They aren't going to leave potentially millions of dollars on the table, especially if they can reclaim any goodwill in the meantime.

RE: the 18 million number

The question is how many people are willing to return to the game up to possibly two years later to play the DLC and I can't see that many.

If anything - it is more likely someone like me who never got it because of all the issues might eventually check it out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

RE: the 18 million number

The question is how many people are willing to return to the game up to possibly two years later to play the DLC and I can't see that many.

If anything - it is more likely someone like me who never got it because of all the issues might eventually check it out

That's true but I'll misleading your misleadingness (?) - how many people purchased it two years ago tried playing it, gave up because it was buggy, and didn't start again until this year ?  But I do agree that a large gap can hurt things, they have to really nail it like they did with Witcher 3.

I will also say this - in the same announcement yesterday, CDPR said that " it’s now shifting focus and resources away to other projects, including its new open-world Witcher game."

“We will obviously continue supporting Cyberpunk 2077 and still working on updating it but [the] vast part of the job we believe has already been done and was done in 2021,” the company said during today’s earnings call. It also shared a presentation slide showing how development resources have shifted over time, with “support for Cyberpunk 2077” becoming one of the smallest segments as of February 2022.

845ab8b703e371aef81810ca486cd9c3.jpg

Which also pretty much means the once promised multiplayer isn't happening

They'd better keep some coders on staff.  Some missions that were broken at launch are still broken.  I will get back around to 2077 after I am tired of Skyrim.  That won't happen anytime soon since Skyrim is actually fun to play.

Edited by J.T.

• 1 month later...

I bought this game instead of Elden Ring as it was cheaper and probably more of what I'm looking for in a game. Any tips for a newbie? Like anything I should take care not to miss in the early going?

Apparently - data miners have found a lot of the files for the upcoming DLC in the game as they were added with the massive February patch

It supposedly contains dialogue, location, what the main quest is, etc..

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/dialogue-from-cyberpunks-first-expansion-appears-to-have-leaked-outlining-the-main-quest/

• Like 1

I think I may be stupid as I don't really get the hacking system in this game. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point but I'm wondering, how crucial is hacking to being good at this game?

I'm into Act 2 now. I really liked Act 1 and got into the heist stuff. That interlude stopped the game in its tracks for me. I hate when games do stuff like that which grinds your momentum to a halt. Like those wretched DiMa's Memories in Fallout 4 and the forced kidnappings in Far Cry 4. In any case, this Johnny Silverhands story isn't grabbing me right now. I like just rolling around Night City and doing random jobs and doing the police scanner jobs.

• Like 1

Yeah I could have done without all the Silverhand stuff too. Have it as a seperate playable piece of DLC, and I'm cool with it. But like you said it just grinds the story to a halt. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 3:46 AM, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah I could have done without all the Silverhand stuff too. Have it as a seperate playable piece of DLC, and I'm cool with it. But like you said it just grinds the story to a halt. 

I'm further into the story now and I feel like the game is back on track. I've pretty much just been rolling around the Badlands doing gigs for Dakota and progressing through the Panam romance story. I really like this part of the game as I like doing these missions and having Johnny drop in every now and then with some snarky comments or somewhat zen like advice. And I like the relationship between V and Panam as it seems that's the way two people in their respective situations would actually act and feel.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 9:44 AM, cwoy2j said:

I think I may be stupid as I don't really get the hacking system in this game. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point but I'm wondering, how crucial is hacking to being good at this game?

Looking back at this and I feel dumb. Hacking is really simple and I've gotten to the point where I can pretty much wipe out big swaths of enemies with quick hacks. I don't know why I didn't really get it at first. I think I may have just felt overwhelmed at the beginning of the game and the fact that you start out so squishy that you get your ass kicked in pretty much every combat situation at first (at least I did) so I was getting frustrated.

• Like 1

Also remember to make full use of hacked surveillance cameras so that you can tag enemies and hack them from a distance.

Invest in a good Tech sniper rifle and fit it with a good scope.  Shooting tagged enemies through a building never gets old.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, J.T. said:

Also remember to make full use of hacked surveillance cameras so that you can tag enemies and hack them from a distance.

Invest in a good Tech sniper rifle and fit it with a good scope.  Shooting tagged enemies through a building never gets old.

I mostly use Comrade's Hammer and with the right perks, you can one hit damn near anything with it.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 4:21 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I liked having Silverhand as a ride along chiming in with remarks. But I didn't need to play as him unless I'm playing a piece of DLC.

I did the side quest where you reunite his band. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I liked seeing Johnny kind of evolve into wanting to help you and be your friend. This may be a glitchy game and the actual playing as Silverhand parts slow it down but I think they did a good job with making you care about V's relationship with other characters. I felt sad when Jackie died, got invested in making things work with Panam and help her and want to help Johnny get some peace.

Who did you guys pick to do the gig with you? I picked Denny. At the end of the day, Henry was a dick who filled up her pool with concrete and was an unstable drug addict.