DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Next gen upgrade delayed to “Q1 2022”.

...and Witcher 3 upgrade delayed to Q2 2022.  That's amusing because sites have sites have been reporting that PS5/Xbox Series X versions of the game have been rated in Europe and speculating release date was imminent, That story was in my Twitter feed this morning right before the announcement from CDPR.

Quite the shitshow.

Edited by Eoae

Bad things happen when you overpromise and underproduce.  CDPR has pledged to keep working on 2077 until it is stable and that has proved to be a daunting process, especially when the patches you introduce into the game break almost as many things as it is supposed to fix.  The delay caused by the effort to reel in 2077 and get previously promised content to market has impacted CDPR's release schedule in a not so good way.

Welcome to the world of AAA games,  boys.  The more you promise, the more we expect to see.

To CDPR's credit, 2077 is now as stable as it's ever been, but there are still a lot of noticeably broken content in the game.   There's still lots of work that needs to be done and it's been nearly a year since launch.  This lead me to conclude that it might have been better for 2077 to have been released this year rather than last year.

Still, No Man's Sky took a long time to stabilize and it's now a pretty decent game so we'll see what happens with 2077.  I am slowly driving on with my playthrough and so far, so good.  There are some bugs and secret nerfs that annoy me (ex. CDPR has lowered the max price of the high-end "junk" items from E$ 750 to E$ 150 and raised the price / street cred of some items to dissuade item duping as a means of making eddies.), but overall it has not been an entirely bad experience.

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 1

After many do-overs, I have finally decided to push along with the story and given Meredith Stout her trip to the southside boneyard at the No-Tell Motel.

I knew about the unique weapon / sex toy but I am still not thrilled about having a dildo in my Crafting Matrix.

Now to fight some crime to kill some time before I can talk to Judy at Lizzies.   I know I can skip time, but it seems like a waste when there are E$'s to be made and I am trying to squeeze every last bit of currency out of this game that I can.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, Casey said:

Nothing more in 2021 - whether it's hot fixes, patches, DLC, whatever. Literally everything has been pushed back to 2022, not just the next-gen upgrade.

Well, there's only two months left in the year.  "Pushed back to 2022" could be anywhere from sixty three days to a year.

What CDPR needs to do is put out some sort of roadmap, but these guys are pretty bad when it comes to managing expectations.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Leonidas said:

I haven't played this since launch, thinking about picking it up again in the Black Friday sales. How's it playing nowadays? Worth it for £20? The gameplay and atmosphere was really enjoyable, just too many game-breaking bugs for me before.

1.3.1 patch has made the game more stable than ever, but there are still some bugs present that will annoy the shit out of you. 

CDPR plans no more patches or updates until after the first of the year so go play Hades or Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The current gen versions are their chance to relaunch the game and change the perception of the game, but I really don't think they'll do anything that'll change minds. They're already spread out over this, Witcher 3 "next gen" version, Witcher 4, and a stand-alone Gwent game, so I absolutely do not have faith that the PS5/Xbox Series versions will change or add a whole lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Stream announced for tomorrow, and all of the sudden Cyberpunk is being listed as optimized for Series X/S on the Microsoft Store. Hmmmm.

There's also a bilibili post where they specifically say the stream tomorrow is about the next-gen versions of the game, so.

Decided to start a new game for this, since I never really got far before this patch. But I didn’t realize that I had deleted Cyberpunk from my PS5, so for a while there I thought I was playing the PS5 update. I got past the initial border entry, so whatever. I downloaded the actual update, and started this at the half year time jump, with all the introduction of the city here. It does look, and run way better in performance mode. Ray tracing mode looked rough, but I don’t have a tv with RT, so I’m not bothering with it. I’ll jump back in after work, and see the rest of the improvements. I have this feeling though, that traffic, and crowd density for the city won’t be that special once you get past the early portion. But I saw no trouble whatsoever after leaving the apartment. That looked great. I did notice that they removed the two cops dialogue when leaving the apartments. It also appears you can’t just get dialogue options when talking to random stranger like you did in the previous version of the game. Or at least that’s how I remembered it. Driving is way weightier now, and you get that nice PS5 control feedback. 

I’ve been playing for almost 5 hours now and haven’t had a crash on the PS5. Only time I had any bugs was during the training simulation with T-Bug - first, the training model did the T pose, and then the last bit at the very end when it’s you versus 3 of them, one of them just disappeared so I had to reload the save since you have to kill all of them.

Other than that, everything is good. I tried out RT Mode for a little but, but it’s just not worth sacrificing 60fps.

Just had my first crash - went to fetch my car after being taken back to my apartment by Misty and all of that stuff that followed.

This is also the only game I’ve played on the PS5 that makes the system somewhat loud. It’s not jet engine loud, but it’s noticeable. Might need to be clean the fan on the inside though, I’ll look into that tomorrow.