DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have heard the racing quest line is not that bad.  Claire's car is fast enough to win the competitions and she rides shotgun and handles the combat so you can focus on hitting the checkpoints.

I have heard that the last race is a bit problematic because the object is to be close enough to damage her husband Samson's car as well as finish the race.

Driving is a bit wonky in this game and I am not a very good racing game guy, so I may give this quest line a pass.  That and I don't own enough fast vehicles that are race worthy.  Most of the cars I have collected are hoopties.

If you have done some of the nomad quests (not sure which ones exactly) you can get what is apparently the fastest car in the game for free.  It's in the big tunnel out in nomad land.  I found it accidentally when I got stuck in the tunnel after the game bugged out again and wouldn't let me drive in 3rd person.  Ran through there on foot and accidentally ran across it.  

Motherfuck. If that timeline is any sort of indication for the span of this year, then it means don't expect a next gen upgrade before the fall.

Look, I just want the game to not crash as much. I can live with everything else for now.

Or despite how invested I am in the storyline at this point, maybe I set it down for a good long while to focus on Miles Morales, AC:V, HZD, and God of War.

Even if they get the game back on the Playstation Store soon, it looks like I won't be getting this game again until the back half of 2021 since that's when they're planning to release the next-gen upgrade.

They basically confirmed that they focused on PC, and tried to port everything from PC to consoles, and it didn't work (and they claim, that while they were testing in the days and weeks leading up to release day, they didn't see all of the bugs, glitches and crashes that EVERYONE has had).

I didn't watch the video, but in the Q&A below it on their website, it's funny that the shortest answer is the one about crunch.

Edited by Casey

Oh my god this thing is now crashing left and right on me. What the fuck. I played for maybe an hour last night with three crashes. I may just be done with it for a bit and play Miles Morales or GoT.

• Like 1

Well, I beat it. Got a pretty soul crushing ending. Gonna try out another one. I could just use the game to do that for me, but that would require sitting through ALL THOSE FUCKING CUTSCENES again. Forty I had a save from right before the final choice, so I just reloaded that. 

Other stuff:

I went through the game with minimal difficulty without ever using an implant, modding or crafting. And I’m far from a good gamer

johnny and I actually got along pretty well. Mainly because all the bad stuff he wants you to do is stuff I do in games anyway.  Him trolling V in the Raymond Chandler mission was glorious 

Finally got my first XSX crash, during a cutscene.  It was a good one, though. Took the whole system down.

Did I mention ALL THE FUCKING CUTSCENES?

20 hours ago, Robert C said:

Well, I beat it. Got a pretty soul crushing ending. Gonna try out another one. I could just use the game to do that for me, but that would require sitting through ALL THOSE FUCKING CUTSCENES again. Forty I had a save from right before the final choice, so I just reloaded that. 

Other stuff:

I went through the game with minimal difficulty without ever using an implant, modding or crafting. And I’m far from a good gamer

johnny and I actually got along pretty well. Mainly because all the bad stuff he wants you to do is stuff I do in games anyway.  Him trolling V in the Raymond Chandler mission was glorious 

Finally got my first XSX crash, during a cutscene.  It was a good one, though. Took the whole system down.

Did I mention ALL THE FUCKING CUTSCENES?

Did you

Spoiler

have Delamain send Jackie's body to the Ripperdoc?  

If so, then that might explain the abundance of cutscenes in your ending.

Spoiler

If you send Jackie's body to his mother's house, you get an extra side mission that counts towards the Heywood 100% Completion achievement.  There is a memorial service at the Coyote Cojo for Jackie and IIRC his mother gives you Jackie's motorcycle.  You can also obtain Jackie's custom Legendary pistols.  You can't wield them akimbo like Jackie does, but you can use one and place the other in your Stash so that it shows up in your Arsenal.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Did you

Hide contents

have Delamain send Jackie's body to the Ripperdoc?  

If so, then that might explain the abundance of cutscenes in your ending.

Hide contents

If you send Jackie's body to his mother's house, you get an extra side mission that counts towards the Heywood 100% Completion achievement.  There is a memorial service at the Coyote Cojo for Jackie and IIRC his mother gives you Jackie's motorcycle.  You can also obtain Jackie's custom Legendary pistols.  You can't wield them akimbo like Jackie does, but you can use one and place the other in your Stash so that it shows up in your Arsenal.

Yeah, I did that.  That part wasn't too bad, and was in the middle of the game.  The ending (or at least the two I've seen) just has a bunch of cutscenes, much like when shit hit the fan and you meet Johnny for the first time.  

Second ending I got felt a lot better than the first.

Also on the plus side, I realized yesterday that Judy looks and sounds a lot like a young Elizabeth Pena.

Beat the game the other day on my first playthrough (a female Streetkid). I'll go with spoilers from here on: 

Spoiler

I sided with Hanako during the final mission and sweet zombie jesus what a downer of an ending that was.

I romanced both River and Judy, but River was much later in the game. I did get a shotgun from Judy, though I didn't use it because it was underpowered compared to what I already had. Between the two I think I liked Judy's story arc better. 

I returned Skippy to Regina and was disappointed with the payout. I think I got like 5000 eddies. 

I think I was level 38 or 39 when I did the end mission, and I still had a lot of side missions yet to do.

I started a new playthrough (as a male Nomad this time), and I'm gonna try and make the opposite choices to see how they differ. 

I beat the game twice (first ending I got was what I'd say was a "neutral" ending and probably the most popular choice, then I re-played to get the ending I wanted), so I think its going back on the shelf for a year. Once they release the DLC and fix up some of the crashing issues I'll probably play it again if I can squeeze it in my schedule.

That article is a fascinating read for the wrong reasons.  One developer was quoted as saying that, based on the state of the game in 2019, the development team thought it would be ready for public release in 2022.

Glad to see Schreier debunked the "playtesters didn't make us aware of the bugs" excuse.  That was about as believable as "the dog ate my homework".  

Is the fake trailer a common thing?  I've never heard a developer admit that before, but I feel like it would be naive to assume this was the first time that was done.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Is the fake trailer a common thing?

Probably. In general those long trailers/demo pieces done for conventions tend to be just tad bs that developers typically dislike because they actually take time away from development to put together. If shit was working right and fully that basically wouldn't be the case. 

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 2:06 PM, Robert C said:

Also on the plus side, I realized yesterday that Judy looks and sounds a lot like a young Elizabeth Pena.

Judy has the cutest & impish grin.   I am kinda bummed that she can't be romanced by Male V without that PC mod.

An FYI for those of you who frequent ripperdocs and try to do as many sidequests as you can, there's a sidequest called Burning Love or something like that where you pick up a guy whose crotch is smoking because an implant he has in there is malfunctioning. He asks you to take him to a Ripperdoc for help. Don't help him, the quest makes you take him to Cassius Ryder's shop (the same shop you get your free Smart Link tattoo from Wakako and your tattoo the first time Johnny takes over V) and as soon as he goes inside you can't get into Ryder's shop anymore. There's an option in the quest to just let him die, and TBH the reward is nothing special (I think it was like 1000 eddies). I did the damn quest days ago and still can't get into Ryder's shop despite reloading, leaving the area, etc. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

An FYI for those of you who frequent ripperdocs and try to do as many sidequests as you can, there's a sidequest called Burning Love or something like that where you pick up a guy whose crotch is smoking because an implant he has in there is malfunctioning. He asks you to take him to a Ripperdoc for help. Don't help him, the quest makes you take him to Cassius Ryder's shop (the same shop you get your free Smart Link tattoo from Wakako and your tattoo the first time Johnny takes over V) and as soon as he goes inside you can't get into Ryder's shop anymore. There's an option in the quest to just let him die, and TBH the reward is nothing special (I think it was like 1000 eddies). I did the damn quest days ago and still can't get into Ryder's shop despite reloading, leaving the area, etc. 

Yeah, I completed that gig pretty early in the game since the mission marker is a couple of blocks away from V's megabuilding.

I have been to Cassius's shop since then and have had no problems getting in and out of his shop.

I have, however, noticed that if I have been playing too long, the doors to some shops like Vik's and Misty's will close and stay locked.   Reloading saves does not work.  The only thing that has worked for me to correct the issue is hard quitting the game and relaunching it.  

I take a manual save before hard quitting to make sure that I don't lose any progress.

BTW, Smoking Crotch Guy is based on YouTuber, Jesse Cox (GET IT~??), and I believe that Jessie also did the voice acting for his cameo character.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah, as you progress through the game, there are places that will close up. That feels like it's by design.

And I also ran that mission, saved the guy's life, and didn't have a problem going back to Cassius' shop.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

BTW, Smoking Crotch Guy is based on YouTuber, Jesse Cox (GET IT~??), and I believe that Jessie also did the voice acting for his cameo character.

He in fact did

Patch 1.1 dropped today.

Notes are as follows:

Spoiler

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:

• Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI

• Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
  • Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements

• Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous 

• Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update). 
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PlayStation-specific

• Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.

Xbox-specific

• Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

PC-specific

• It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

Stadia-specific

• Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.  

Hopefully the Stability patch addresses the poltergeists that toss trash cans around after you reload a save.

Edited by J.T.

14 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Just got the platinum.  The Rough Landing trophy is a bitch to do.

I've seen YouTubers unlock it by getting on top of something and nuking two nearby NCPD officers and then reverting back to a previous save to recover the funds they used to equip the Berserk OS.  

NCPD officers technically count as enemy combatants so you can unlock the achievement easily by targeting them since they are so awesome about standing really close together.

Oh my fucking goodness. This game is crashing more now than ever. More frequently. Before I'd get a crash about 30 minutes in and then maybe another a couple hours later. Last night after the game I sat down to play and it crashed in my first 15 minutes, then again after another 30 minutes, and then again after another 20 to 30 minutes.

I said fuck this and watched Letterkenny before going to bed.