DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

Remember a week ago or so when it was pointed out that Sony was taking their sweet-ass time with the Cyberpunk refunds?

Well, as it turns out. . .Sony is still taking their sweet-ass time with the Cyberpunk refunds.

Carry on.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I discovered a very, very annoying issue the other day. If you get close to a Beat the Brat quest, your running, double jumping, and weapons are all locked down. That's a problem when you're involved in a shoot out. I get that they probably don't want you straight up murdering an opponent in the Beat the Brat questline, but if you do, just have the whole thing fail. Don't handicap me when I'm busy with something else just because I got too close to an area where I could fight someone.

Also, fuck that whole quest anyway. I only won one fight and every other fight is basically impossible for me because I put all of my points into Cool, Intelligence, the one that lets you craft stuff, and basically nothing into body. I'm still stuck at 4 points in body. At this point, there's not much incentive for me to do so because I can wipe out entire gangs using stealth and quickhacks.

Buy the gorilla arms cyberware. Makes the fights a lot easier

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/17/cyberpunk-2077-gorilla-arms-how-to-get-legendary-gorilla-arms-cyberware/

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I did that. Huge upgrade. Thanks!

In addition to the Legendary Gorilla Arms, there is a Legendary item called the Rin3U Battery that you can use to power the Legendary Gorilla Arms.

I found one in an Assault In Progress mission in Watson.  It's the one in the container yard where the Tyger Claws are selling trafficked human beings to the Scavs.

https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Rin3U+Battery

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

In addition to the Legendary Gorilla Arms, there is a Legendary item called the Rin3U Battery that you can use to power the Legendary Gorilla Arms.

I found one in an Assault In Progress mission in Watson.  It's the one in the container yard where the Tyger Claws are selling trafficked human beings to the Scavs.

https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Rin3U+Battery

I only bought the Epic Gorilla Arms from the Ripperdoc by where Panam and the rest of that gang lives. And I'm almost positive I had to have picked up that Rin3U battery. I did that same assault on progress and afterward kept hearing people banging around in a shipping container. I eventually found and freed them. I had to have looted that entire area because I've never gone somewhere and didn't loot the entire area.

That makes me wish this game had an option to just auto dismantle all common and uncommon weapons. It would certainly help with the tedium of going into the menu, going to my inventory, and then dismantling all of those guns one by one.

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That makes me wish this game had an option to just auto dismantle all common and uncommon weapons. It would certainly help with the tedium of going into the menu, going to my inventory, and then dismantling all of those guns one by one.

There is a perk in the Engineering skill set that dismantles all Junk items you collect, but it is a waste of a skill point.   Some "junk" items are worth 750 Eddies a pop and every Eddie helps if you are scraping together cash for something really expensive.

I think I would rather go through the tedium of dismantling or selling shit item by item rather than accidentally get rid of something I intended to keep.  If I think something is going to come in handy later on, I just stash it at my Apartment or in the trunk of my car. 

I tend to scrap most guns, clothing, and junk, but I tend to keep cyberware mods and I always keep Iconic items since you need the base item to craft the upgraded version.  I have no reservations about scrapping some Rare, Epic, or Legendary Gear I don't like because I can use the components to upgrade the Rare, Epic, and Legendary items I want to keep.

By now, you should also have some elemental damage mods for your Gorilla Arms as well as the Rin3U battery, so you should fare a little better against the Beat The Brat fighters.

Edited by J.T.

I took that perk before I realized that I would be junking high value items. 

It's not a problem for me though because they still haven't patched the trick where you can repeatedly sell a painting for $4k. I'm currently sitting on around $400k and the only thing I ever bought that I normally wouldn't be able to afford were the double jump legs and now the gorilla arms. You get so much in loot that buying guns seems pointless, I can craft epic level guns now too, I don't think I've seen an item of clothing to buy that was better than something I picked up off of a dead body, and...yeah, Eddies seem kinda pointless unless you're using them for mods.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Eddies seem kinda pointless unless you're using them for mods.

Yeah, I never buy any food or drink because it's literally everywhere.  The only things I buy from merchants are mods and materials.

I don't buy threads or guns since they're constantly dropping from enemies, but I am always upgrading my favorite guns and armor items to keep them up to snuff so I buy up materials as often as I can.

This game really needs to provide Ripperdocs with the ability to allow you to change your specs just in case you hate your build in mid-game.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I never buy any food or drink because it's literally everywhere.  The only things I buy from merchants are mods and materials.

I don't buy threads or guns since they're constantly dropping from enemies, but I am always upgrading my favorite guns to keep them up to snuff so I buy up materials as often as I can.

This game really needs to provide Ripperdocs with the ability to allow you to change your specs just in case you hate your build in mid-game.

I think that last part gets patched in at some point. I know you can eventually get to the point where you can re-assign perks, but re-spec'ing is absolutely needed.

Or, well, maybe not. I already plan on doing a different play through where I'm not as much of a nice guy and don't focus on stealth as much. Basically a murder hobo build.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

I did that. Huge upgrade. Thanks!

No problem. I actually use my fists more than any weapon ever since I got them. It's a lot of fun to charge up a punch and send some random bad guy flying. 

Question for anyone who may have made it further in the main story than me. I'm at the point in the main mission where you go meet up with Hanako (just after the events of the parade) and before you go into Embers it gives you a "Point of no return" warning. Is this the final mission in the storyline? If so do you still have the option to do unfinished side quests afterwards?

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Question for anyone who may have made it further in the main story than me. I'm at the point in the main mission where you go meet up with Hanako (just after the events of the parade) and before you go into Embers it gives you a "Point of no return" warning. Is this the final mission in the storyline? If so do you still have the option to do unfinished side quests afterwards?

Its a true Point of No Return (its a long ass mission but its all connected so you can't do side missions anymore), however once you beat the game it drops you back in the world at that same point (before entering the building to meet her) and you can go on completing other missions if you want. Or do the ending again to get a different outcome.

A friend of mine who is further along than me told me this about Skippy.

Spoiler

He is part of a quest.   After you have him as an active weapon for a few days, he will reveal that Regina Jones is his original owner and you will get 7K Eddies for returning him.

I believe this counts as a Westbrook quest so if you are chasing the Little Tokyo achievement for 100% completion of all gigs and scanner hustles in Westbrook, I think you eventually have to give Skippy back to Regina after you find him.

He is also an Iconic weapon, but I am not sure if you get specs for him after you find him.   If so, you'll have to choose between keeping him or turning him in to Regina. IIRC you cannot upgrade Iconic weapons without having the original in your inventory.

Thanks for mentioning Skippy, guys.  I'll be sure to look out for him once I'm done doing shit for Wakako.

Edited by J.T.

To expand on the "Point of No Return" thing, I'd probably encourage anyone that thinks they are "ready" when they reach that point to go ahead and do it. Because there are multiple end-game missions, so once you complete one you'll probably want to do another one. For me, I beat it once, then did another ten or so hours of side missions, and now I am going to beat it again with a different ending. So I don't think there is any harm in going ahead with it since it plops you right back at the same place once you beat the game, no real harm done.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure Sony sent my refund a few hours ago. I can't imagine why else I'd get a deposit from Playstation into my bank account.

I got mine, too. No e-mail, no heads-up, nothing like that. Just checked my PlayStation account and the money was back in there.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Robert C said:

It’s cute that this game thinks I’m gonna do those car races.  Good luck with that. 

I have heard the racing quest line is not that bad.  Claire's car is fast enough to win the competitions and she rides shotgun and handles the combat so you can focus on hitting the checkpoints.

I have heard that the last race is a bit problematic because the object is to be close enough to damage her husband Samson's car as well as finish the race.

Driving is a bit wonky in this game and I am not a very good racing game guy, so I may give this quest line a pass.  That and I don't own enough fast vehicles that are race worthy.  Most of the cars I have collected are hoopties.

Edited by J.T.

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have heard the racing quest line is not that bad.  Claire's car is fast enough to win the competitions and she rides shotgun and handles the combat so you can focus on hitting the checkpoints.

I have heard that the last race is a bit problematic because the object is to be close enough to damage her husband Samson's car as well as finish the race.

Driving is a bit wonky in this game and I am not a very good racing game guy, so I may give this quest line a pass.  That and I don't own enough fast vehicles that are race worthy.  Most of the cars I have collected are hoopties.

Spoiler

Yeah, it's not bad at all.  You just have to finish the first three races.  As for the fourth race, you just have to stay close enough to Sampson (not her husband but she accuses him of killing her husband in a race) and then he veers off the course.  You do not need to finish the last race (the recommended way to finish the quest is to follow Sampson off the course).

I have no idea if I romanced Panam or not. I mean, we did...stuff...freaky stuff...and then we left things at always being there for each other, but I thought there was a trophy for creating a relationship with her and I didn't get it.

On the other hand...looks like the door is still open for River's sister Joss, or River himself, or both, so hopefully if I die it doesn't happen with only shithead Johnny in my head/at my side.

On the romance front, now that I've done a lot of it, nothing remotely compares to Witcher 3. I actually got really happy for the outcome with Geralt and Triss after I pushed Yennefer aside. There were times that I thought I lost Triss and I got legit bummed out. Then everything turned out well in the end. I haven't had anything quite like that happen in Cyberpunk. I can tell CDPR tried really hard to recreate those moments, but it just doesn't play out the same.

As for crashing, it's crashing again. After going awhile without it happening it crashed on me 3 times a couple days ago and 2 more times last night.

OH OH OH, regarding the sidequest for the dude running for mayor and his wife...

Spoiler

Wow! Did that story ever take a fucked up turn. Right now I'm at the point where we discover that someone or something is re-writing the mayoral candidate's and his wife's brains, not to mention some wicked shit happening to you as well. That was one of the neater moments I played through so far. I'm looking forward to see where that quest for the candidate goes next.