DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

18 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Have you guys found 'Skippy' yet?

Reveal hidden contents

It's a gun that talks, complete with animated bullet reminiscent of clippy the office paperclip. It's hysterical and easily my favourite thing in the game so far.

If It is a Legendary and it sucks, I'll probably just shred it for components.  I found a cheat guide for all of the locations for the free Legendary armor items.  I'll hunt them down and keep the pieces that don't make me look like a dumbass.  The rest will be component fodder I will use to upgrade the stuff I will wear on the regular like the handsome Gold-Tipped Manganese Steel Solo Boots I'm currently sporting.

I am loving this Tech sniper rifle (Rare) I got off of the cyberpsycho NCPD officer I beat senseless with a baseball bat for Regina. 

Tech sniper rifles bullets can penetrate cover if you fully charge the rifle before you fire.

I am having a field day using Ping to outline all enemy target and then shooting straight though barriers to kill them while they are hiding.  It's almost like having the Farsight XR-20 from Perfect Dark.

I need to get a better scope for it than this Green one I found in a loot box near an Assault scanner gig I broke up.  Probably could use a better mod as well; preferably one that improves stability a smidge.

Edited by J.T.

Okay, so Bounce Backs are not bugged on their own.  When I unequipped them and tried to disassemble them, it worked like it should (Crafting credit + materials). 

I think the glitch worked if you have Bounce Backs equipped and try to disassemble a large stack of them, but the glitch might've been shadow fixed by 1.06.

Don't try it with MaxDocs or Grenades.  You'll break those items down just like normal.

Edited by J.T.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

I did not know the Queen Mum rolled like that.   If she has a Destiny 2 clan, I may reinstall and ask her for an invite.

That's the Queen. The Queen Mother's been dead for 18 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, Raziel said:

Sony's sure taking it's sweet time processing the refunds.

Yeah, they sure are. You wouldn't think it would take them that long to take a look and go, "Yes, you did purchase this game through our own freaking store, here's your money back."

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:26 AM, AxB said:

That's the Queen. The Queen Mother's been dead for 18 years.

I am a mongrel American and an idiot on top of that.  

Hey!  I just unlocked the Two Heads, One Bullet achievement legit without using that dumb shoot two cops strat.

To the northeast in Watson, there is an Assault In Progress located under a stretch of highway.  I won't spoil the details, but you can get yourself a twofer if you target the guys on the right side of the area as you approach.  Stay out of their line of sight and use Distract Enemies on one of the floodlights in the center of the area.

The enemy in the rear of the area will come forward to investigate and his head will line up almost perfectly with the closer enemy standing guard. 

Take your shot quickly before they return to their normal positions.  

Take a manual save before you make the attempt just in case you screw up the first couple of tries.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

Sweet, sweet, Monofilament wire.  How have I survived this far without you?  

The game is getting a bit grindy now that I have chosen to clear out my active Fixer gigs and NCPD scanner hustles in the districts I've unlocked before moving onto the next mission in the Main Story, but at least I'm building up my arsenal of weapons and daemon hacks.   I really need to buy a motorcycle and a sweeter car.

55 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Lol, I wish New Years would roll around so I can make a "People are still playing this game?  It's so 2020" joke.

Why wait?  I was making that joke a week after Anthem launched.

• Haha 2

It is hilarious that there are three seashells in V's bathroom instead of toilet paper given that the tone of Night City is the polar opposite of San Angeles.

Everyone in Night City would be fined for violations of the Verbal Morality Statute over a hundred times a day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

I have yet to find Skippy, but I am still playing this about every night. I looked and I've played this for around 35 hours. 

Again, my biggest complaint is the frequency of crashes. It's every fucking time I play. It will always happen at least one time between 15 minutes to an hour in and almost exclusively when I'm driving. 

My one other complaint is that the way law enforcement works really, really sucks, but it seems like something they could fix through a patch. 

Still, it's a good game that I like a lot. I find myself enjoying forming relationships about as much as I did in the Witcher 3. I got friendzoned the other day and that felt like a bummer.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:53 AM, Craig H said:

I have yet to find Skippy, but I am still playing this about every night. I looked and I've played this for around 35 hours. 

Again, my biggest complaint is the frequency of crashes. It's every fucking time I play. It will always happen at least one time between 15 minutes to an hour in and almost exclusively when I'm driving. 

My one other complaint is that the way law enforcement works really, really sucks, but it seems like something they could fix through a patch. 

Still, it's a good game that I like a lot. I find myself enjoying forming relationships about as much as I did in the Witcher 3. I got friendzoned the other day and that felt like a bummer.

If you've found the College Street fast travel station in Vista Del Ray (east side of Heyward), go to that and look for an exclamation point nearby. It will be a dead body in an alley. 

original_f235c645b1be9a317d7fefd63cc99bb

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Thanks 1

I'm beginning to think Sony's not *actually* refunding anything.  No emails, no confirmations, no nothing.  Still in my library.  So far, I don't think anyone's gotten their refund yet.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

There's a rumor that the two big patches they mentioned coming at the beginning of the year are getting delayed to March.

I haven't experienced too many crashes since 1.06, but there are a few more annoying graphical bugs, mostly having to do with food and junk items set in space with dumb placemarkers instead of their normal skins.

I have also encountered weird issues where I can't retrieve some loot items like weapons or shards if they are too close to NPCs.  There is a data shard at Lizzie's Place, but some asshole is sitting on top of it, and you can't access it unless you practically jump into his lap and hope that your field of vision clipping is so loose that you can access the shard with your cursor.

I've also noticed that my vehicles have issues driving on some surfaces and there is still the annoying glitch where if I have been playing for too long, weird things happen to my weapons (ie, they will either stop firing ADS or in Free Aim) and some NPCs with dialogue suddenly go mute.   If you don't have CCs enabled and the NPC you're talking to is a major character, the game will skip his dialogue entirely but you will still be prompted for replies. 

I also find it annoying that the game still does not count dead enemies as "dead" if they are not on the ground.   I am almost loathe to use frags in some situations because the blast will knock an enemy on top of something like a dumpster or a pile of junk and if they die in that spot, I am unable to loot them.  

Sometimes the asploded enemy will still speak even if the corpse is gibbed.

Enemies also have a nasty habit of getting stuck in columns or objects if they are caught in an frag explosion.  I have been able to free the corpse from the object with tech shotgun blasts, but the body is still unlootable.

I have been able to work around most of these bugs by making a hard exit out of the game and reinitializing, but it shouldn't be this difficult.

They need to release one of those big patches by February at the latest.  CDPR also needs to get this current gen version out for PS5 and Series X.

Edited by J.T.

I would just be happy if they'd patch this thing to not crash because it's still crashing on me at least two times every time I sit down to play it. It's also still doing this mostly when I'm driving or after completing a bunch of quests. I don't know if that's because when driving it's just trying to process too much data and it simply crashes as a result or what. I have tried everything though to minimize the amount of crashes. I drive slower, avoid making contact with other vehicles or the environments, if I'm within 100 feet or meters or whatever the distance is then I just get off my bike and walk the rest of the way, I drive my car instead of my bike, etc. Nothing works.

For me, everything else can just come later, but at least fix the crashes now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

There's a rumor that the two big patches they mentioned coming at the beginning of the year are getting delayed to March.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

They need to release one of those big patches by February at the latest.  CDPR also needs to get this current gen version out for PS5 and Series X.

I've never had more than minimal interest in the game, so nothing CD Projekt Red does or doesn't do with the game is going to bother me overmuch.  But, as a somewhat impartial observer, it's been fascinating watching a "Triple A developer" play themselves back to the minor leagues.  The only reliable constant in the story has been CDPR's knack for saying or doing the wrong thing.  I won't be surprised if they eventually patch their way to a good game, but it seems likely substantial improvements and the next gen console versions (I guess they are current gen now) will come too late for most people to care.

It's hardly their biggest faux pas but I'm very surprised the PS5/Xbox Series versions don't have a release date yet.

Edited by Eoae
typos

Weirdly, I've had very few technical problems.  I don't think I had a crash on the Xbox One after the last release, and I know I haven't had one since i installed it on the XSX a few days after Christmas.  I haven't really noticed any weird visuals either on the XSX, but that may be me just not paying attention.  I will say the change in graphics between the One and XSX almost disorienting in its extremity.

The problem I'm having with the game is that it's just not that interesting.  The combat is fun enough, but there's just not a lot going on that I give two shits about.  The only character that I've run into who was vaguely interesting was Jackie, and they used the WCW Sledgehammer of Plot to telegraph what was gonna happen there.  I think this is partially my fault, since I'm following my usual approach of doing side missions first, and there are roughly 49476786345723457 of them in this game.  It's been at least two weeks since I did a main mission.  I've hit level 40 and still haven't gone to talk to Takemura.  

• Haha 1

Hmm, now I wonder if it's a PS5 issue because you at JT both have Xboxes and most others having crash issues have PS5s I think. I have a couple friends that have it on PC and they haven't had any issues at all. So yeah, maybe it's just a PS5 issue and maybe it has something to do with available memory.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

I haven't really noticed any weird visuals either on the XSX, but that may be me just not paying attention.  I will say the change in graphics between the One and XSX almost disorienting in its extremity.

I installed 2077 on my old X1 for lulz and the difference in graphics is like night and day between that and my Series X.  2077 is garbage on the X1.  it doesn't even look like the same game on a Series X.

I imagine it will probably be even prettier when the current gen version finally arrives.  I will probably give enough of a shit to play that version since I will get it for free thanks to Smart Delivery.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

The problem I'm having with the game is that it's just not that interesting.  The combat is fun enough, but there's just not a lot going on that I give two shits about.  The only character that I've run into who was vaguely interesting was Jackie, and they used the WCW Sledgehammer of Plot to telegraph what was gonna happen there.

I liked Jackie a lot.  He was a good homie.  Misty is also sweet, but she's a peripheral character.  Not terribly central to the plot.

I haven't played enough of the main mission to enter verdicts concerning Takemura or Evelyn Parker.  Evelyn seems cool enough but I feel she will try to double cross me sooner or later and I will have to kack her.  Judy is also cool.  I know I can't romance her since I am a dude, but hopefully she and I can be buddies.

Johnny Silverhand is a compete tool, but I think he is supposed to be hard to like by design.

I did mark out a bit for the Arasaka Tower interlude.  It was cool to see the pen & paper NPC's like Kerry Eurodyne and Spider Murphy running around doing things.  I'm hazarding a guess that this Queen Lilith of Cyberspace that Gerry the Prophet is referring to is Alt Cunningham, Johnny's old girlfriend.  Eventually I will have to get rolling and touch bases with the Voodoo Boyz so I can see what's beyond the Blackwall.

Edited by J.T.

Well, I did some backtracking and found the Legendary Monowire.  I wish I had found it before I began grinding Street Cred up to 20.

If you did the Shark In The Water gig for Regina, the cyberware is located in a storage facility around the corner from the med shop where Blake Coyle was holed up.  If you go the shop now, the original proprietor (Roger Wong) should be running the shop.

Anyway go around the corner from the med shop and you should see a DIY storage facility. Turn on your scanner and check to see which doors can be opened remotely (I think the one you want is the first door on your right).  There is a Ripperdoc not too far away that can install your new cyberware.

If you want to add a buff to your Monowire, there is an Organized Crime scanner gig not too far away from the clothing store in Northside Watson.  There are a bunch of Maelstrom assholes there and one has a snipers perch on a water tower.  Somewhere in that area, you can find a Monowire mod that adds Thermal damage.

Encountered a weird bug last night. For some reason I couldn't get my weapons up until well after an enemy spotted and began shooting at me. Happened several times. Fortunately I've pumped a lot into improving my gear so a few bullets aren't that big a deal. Still annoying as hell though. 

13 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Encountered a weird bug last night. For some reason I couldn't get my weapons up until well after an enemy spotted and began shooting at me. Happened several times. Fortunately I've pumped a lot into improving my gear so a few bullets aren't that big a deal. Still annoying as hell though. 

I have also encountered a similar bug where if I have been playing for a while, I am unable to fire a gun while ADS.  

Everything works fine again after I reload a previous save. 

I think the gun and dialogue bug where NPCs go mute are all related to the game's poor memory management.   They don't seem to crop up unless I have been playing for more than a couple of hours or if my Auto-Saves start piling up.

Edited by J.T.

I discovered a very, very annoying issue the other day. If you get close to a Beat the Brat quest, your running, double jumping, and weapons are all locked down. That's a problem when you're involved in a shoot out. I get that they probably don't want you straight up murdering an opponent in the Beat the Brat questline, but if you do, just have the whole thing fail. Don't handicap me when I'm busy with something else just because I got too close to an area where I could fight someone.

Also, fuck that whole quest anyway. I only won one fight and every other fight is basically impossible for me because I put all of my points into Cool, Intelligence, the one that lets you craft stuff, and basically nothing into body. I'm still stuck at 4 points in body. At this point, there's not much incentive for me to do so because I can wipe out entire gangs using stealth and quickhacks.