DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

I didn't notice much of a difference earlier to be honest, but I thought it looked great to begin with. No crashes or glitches though and that was with a couple hours of continuous play with a TON of save scumming. I basically would get a stealth kill, save, get another stealth skill, save, etc. Yeah, that's cheating, but I'm learning and my dude can't fire a gun for shit.

I just had my second game crash, shortly after the second act (when you're back in V's apartment). Still minimal glitches/bugs, though. Mainly just weapons vanishing in my hand or an NPC's hand, floating bodies for a few minutes, etc. Nothing as bad as the game crashes. Luckily that period from the end of Act 1 to the Interlude to Act 2 does a lot of saving during the cutscenes.

Johnny Silverhand is a fucking dickhead, and I don't like him. Which is the point, I guess. Definitely not an anti-hero or whatever. Just straight up an asshole. His gun is pretty fucking sweet, though.

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Honestly, I think this should have flat out just been a PC, PS5, and XS game.

Probably, although I've seen several reviewers opine that it's basically a PS4 game that's being enhanced for PC and next gen consoles.  Don't entirely disagree.  It's been in development since 2013, so they certainly spent a fair bit of time developing the console editions on PS4/Xbox One before moving to the next-gen consoles.  I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for CD Projekt Red here.  The pre-release and Day 1 patches didn't do a whole lot to improve the larger issues.  Even if you forgive the glitches, performance gets terrible in spots.  A couple review sites found the frame rate dropping as low as 15 fps in spots.  I'm assuming developers noticed that at some point.

Apparently, Cyberpunk was a huge success before it ever hit the street.  8 million preorders meant the game made back it's budget (and some) before it ever hit the street.  If you can't deliver a decent experience on certain consoles, don't sell it on those consoles.  Not a hard concept, except I'm guessing CD Projekt Red didn't want to lose those sales or take a stock hit if they canceled PS34/XB1 versions.  As it was, their stock dropped about 30% after release.

Was over a neighbor's last night and watched the guy and his son try to play for awhile.  Lol.  Apparently, the PS4 edition is still kinda unstable when played on PS5, even after four patches.  How much memory is this beast taking up after four patches?

I have had three crashes so far on PS5 in ~4 hours. 

edit: and in the storage menu, it still says 101.9 GB. That's still an awful lot but again, NBA is 115 and MK with all the dlc is 86.45 (less than I remembered). Demon's Souls is at 52.89.

Edited by Jiji

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

I didn't notice much of a difference earlier to be honest, but I thought it looked great to begin with. No crashes or glitches though and that was with a couple hours of continuous play with a TON of save scumming. I basically would get a stealth kill, save, get another stealth skill, save, etc. Yeah, that's cheating, but I'm learning and my dude can't fire a gun for shit.

If your dude has garbage gun fu skills, then consider buffs to Reflex, Body, & Cool attributes.  Amongst other things, Body helps reduce bullet spread, Reflex governs the Handguns skill tree, and Cool can buff overall crit damage.

Two more crashes today, and one particularly bad bug where if you're skipping dialogue during the diner scene with Takemura, when he looks at the TV because of an interview, the game doesn't load the interview, and he's just stuck there looking at a TV that isn't playing anything, so you have to reload from the last checkpoint. But it works just fine if you don't skip through the dialogue and just let it play out.

It's pretty bad when this game is more riddled with bugs and game crashes than Avengers was. I had bugs in that game, but at least the game wasn't crashing once or twice (or more) per day.

Yeah I suck at stealth and noticing cameras etc. Basically playing it like an FPS at the moment. Loading all my points into guns. Sliced some guy up with a katana for the first time yesterday, felt good, even though I erm... was not supposed to kill him I think. 

Not crashed for me yet, also just received my game guide from Amazon, it's crazily comprehensive, must be 2 inches thick...

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Mantis blades KICK FUCKING ASS

I am trying to stick with small mods with my Street Kid, but I am definitely getting a fucking arm Mjolnir launcher when I roll as a corpo.

God, the clothing is ugly.  It has taken me forever to put together an outfit that I like.  I will probably waste more time crafting threads than I will weapons.

11 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Yeah I suck at stealth and noticing cameras etc.

Get into the habit of casually scanning your environment every few minutes.  You will get better at spotting cameras and hackable items.  T-Bug's tutorial is pretty good at showing you what to look for.

Edited by J.T.

I think I'm right at the cusp of being able to have the mantis blades - you have to be at street cred 20 or 25, right? I think I'm at 19, so I'm not that far away.

In other news, I hooked up with Meredith and that was, uh, intense.

Just because everything is being stupid (the board and Twitter)

What the Tweet Dogwelder posted says is that CD Projekt Red apologies for the "previous gen" versions being hideous messes and is offering full refunds to those who bought those games. (They also apologized for not showing off the last-gen versions since it did "not allow (consumers) to make an informed decision")

They promise two major patches - one in January and one in February to fix all the bugs and they all but say "don't get your hopes up for it looking good on previous gen"

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They promise two major patches - one in January and one in February to fix all the bugs and they all but say "don't get your hopes up for it looking good on previous gen"

If that's the case then they need to get the current gen version done.  I've got a Series X and the One version isn't ringing half the bells it should on my console.

This game should've been delayed until 1Q 2021 and probably should've been PC and Current Gen only.

34 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Is it safe to say CD Projekt Red isn't ready to be a Triple-A studio?

Witcher 3 was a damn fine game and there is a damn fine game lurking in this one somewhere.

But no.  CDPR is not ready to meet the demanding schedule or production standards of a true AAA studio.  I'm seeing the same alarming trends that Bioware showed when it headed down this road.

Edited by J.T.

That message from CDPR really reinforces the thought that this shouldn't have been released on the Xbox One or PS4. Yeah, it sucks for those customers, but if all you advertised, marketed, and showed off on game websites are PC versions or versions running on XS/PS5 hardware then don't put it out on previous gen consoles. Still, good on them for offering refunds to people and attempting to make good on this debacle. 

As for if they're a AAA game studio or not, I mean, clearly they are. The game is fucking awesome if you're playing it on something that can run it. I don't want to give away spoilers, but there is shit that has happened that made me feel legit sad and tugged at my heartstrings like the Witcher 3 did and they've done an impressive job of making Johnny a complete piece of shit. Is there some wonkiness to the game? Yeah, of course, but that's bound to happen with huge games like this that aren't made by Rockstar. People like to meme and joke about some of the bugs in this game while driving, but even on a fully fixed up and patched version of the Witcher 3 I had Roach get stuck on the dumbest fucking stuff or I had missions or locations that wouldn't even pop a quest. Like, the marker was clearly there on the map, but when I searched online all I found was that the quest was broken and unless you're playing on PC, it wouldn't be fixed. That's no big deal. There's more than enough to do so I could just move on to the next thing.

My biggest problem with the game is that I clearly spec'd wrong and I took perks that are downright terrible. I took a perk that automatically disassembles any junk I find. The problem with that is that you can't re-spec AND there is junk that you find that is worth way more than the parts that they disassemble into. I was also playing on hard mode and that's nearly impossible. Every random gang or dude on the street has a skull above their head and the Delamain quest is impossible because the second to last part is, again, impossible to complete due to the numbers of people that come out and shoot you right away. OH, and if you shoot back, you immediately get a 2 star warrant, so you're fucked no matter what.

Jinxed myself saying I had no bugs. Picked up a guy called Hellman, meant to load him on the back of a motorbike and ... cannot. There is no drop body button and no buttons do anything. Really can't be bothered to redo the whole mission just to see if it does it again right now. Maybe tomorrow.