DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

I guess at least its only 21 days, if they had delayed it until February I probably would have cancelled my pre-order and said fuck it until it came out and I read some reviews first. I trust CD PROJEKT RED mostly because I adored Witcher III, if this was Bioware or something I'd have already thrown in the towel.

I mean, I'll have to juggle less with launch titles, but now I'm probably willing to just wait until the actual PS5 enhancements/version come.

I had a week off for Thanksgiving with no plans that were going to be spent in Night City, but oh well.

.I just hope the toy companies and stuff they licensed things out to aren't taking too much of a hit from this.  A lot of that stuff is staying on the shelves.

Edited by Tromatagon

CD Projekt Red is saying the problem is mainly getting it to work properly on current-gen consoles.

According to Adam Kicinski, “the situation is different” now compared to the previous deadlines for the game.  The game is ready to be played on PC and it also works well on next-generation consoles, however, the problem lies with the current-generation consoles. CD Projekt Red is still finalizing the process concerning the release of the game on the current-generation consoles.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

CD Projekt Red is saying the problem is mainly getting it to work properly on current-gen consoles.

Well, CD Projekt Red is just saying "We need more time for testing" unless they've put out a statement since last night that I haven't seen.  But, yeah, the rumor is problems with current-gen versions.  And, they're probably true.  The same rumors were around early in the year when the game was postponed from spring to fall.  So that's probably the cause.

Makes me a little nervous about Miles Morales and the Pathless, both of which I'm expecting to play on PS4 first and re-buy later for PS5 (or free upgrade; whichever).  Although both of those games should be able to run fine on PS4.  I mean, Miles Morales is glorified dlc and the Pathless shouldn' t need PS5 except maybe to run at 60 fps.  I don't really care about ray tracing or zero load times or whatever.  Just want good versions of the games to play in mid-November.

Fortunately, I'm usually more interested in indie games, so I won't be put out if I have to wait to play AC: Creed, Watchdog Legions, etc. on next gen.  I dunno that I'll get around to Cyberpunk any time in the next year or so regardless.

Also the studio says that they kept the news from most of the team due to the Polish stock market

“In a nutshell, early, the unplanned release of this information could have potentially led to market abuse and manipulation of CD PROJEKT’s stock price on the WSE,” the studio told investors shortly after the delay announcement, according to a copy of the remarks shared in a statement to Game Informer. “Therefore, due to the aforementioned regulations, the information on postponement of Cyberpunk 2077's release date couldn’t have been shared with all of the Group’s employees before the current report was filed and made public.”

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also the studio says that they kept the news from most of the team due to the Polish stock market

This bothers me more than crunch.  Lot of people in a lot of fields work 12-hr. days and a lot of them get paid far worse than game designers.  I worked my share of 7-day, 80+ hr. weeks when I was just starting out, but I more or less accepted it as the price of getting promoted in that field and I felt like most people in the company regardless of level were making the same sorts of sacrifices and working crazy hours themselves.  Not sure I'd appreciate management moving the goalposts on me at the last minute because telling me sooner what the timeframe was would "jeopardize the stock price."  I think I'd be irate by that idea even if I was only working 20 hrs. a week.

I can't believe people are sending them death threats over this. If your life is so empty that a 3 week delay of a video game makes you that angry, then you're a pathetic waste of oxygen.

• Like 2

I mean, it's not 

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I can't believe people are sending them death threats over this. If your life is so empty that a 3 week delay of a video game makes you that angry, then you're a pathetic waste of oxygen.

What does that make the people sending Insomniac death threats because they remodeled Peter Parker's face?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, there's a rumor going around that Cyberpunk will be delayed yet again.  Fwiw, CD Projekt Red denied it when IGN contracted them for a quote.  

At this point, I'd just as soon not hear about CD Projekt Red.  I realize the pandemic makes things harder, but they seem to have terrible management.  Repeated delays, horror stories about crunch, keeping info from designers to protect the stock price, etc.  I'm not that sensitive about crunch because I've had to work ridiculous hours in my field and know quite a few people who did likewise.  But, the horror stories about CD Projekt Red have been around since at least Witcher 2 and the company's track record is basically a couple Witcher games.  They've had time to get their act together.

It wasn't encouraging when, a few weeks ago, they said they were confident about the Dec. date but not comfortable with it (or something like that).

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:19 AM, Casey said:

Cyberpunk is vaporware as far as I'm concerned until I'm playing it on PS5.

I am already resigned to this game possibly being pushed back until 2021 which really doesn't bother me since it feels like something that would happen during this horrible fucking cursed year.

Oh well.  I'll just play it on my Series X (it should arrive at my crib by mid December) and since 2077 is on smart delivery, I don't have to change my Gamestop reservation.... unless the company goes bankrupt before the game comes out.

I am going to play the shit out of this song on the radio:

Edited by J.T.

They probably really want to get the videogame out before the end of December though, because it's a sequel to the pen and paper RPG:

Cyberpunk 2020 | R.Talsorian Games Inc.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:35 PM, AxB said:

They probably really want to get the videogame out before the end of December though, because it's a sequel to the pen and paper RPG:

Cyberpunk 2020 | R.Talsorian Games Inc.

Cyberpunk Red is the filler in between 2020 and 2077.  They still have some meta time to burn..

Edited by J.T.

So copies of the game are apparently showing up at Amazon warehouses according to the Cyberpunk subreddit.

o42lx4g47o061.jpg

Gameplay leaked too, showing off the main menu, creating your character and the first 6 minutes or so. All I watched was repairing a car and meeting a sheriff. But it looks like the 12/11 date might actually happen.

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Good lord, Game Informer's video about their hands-on, 16 hour play through mentions that the title card/intro to the game doesn't happen until well after FOUR TO SIX HOURS into the game.

Yes, I've lurked the 2077 boards and the origin backstories are very in depth.  Mini-campaigns in themselves.