DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 9/15/20

Pretty fun show with lots going on throughout. Swann/Young was not something I would've ever guessed headlining Bound for Glory but it should be good. Knockouts division looked good tonight and I enjoy the X title picture. Solid 8 man tag main event. Moose calling up "the Demo God" to ask about that time he had his title stolen was classic, loved that. 

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling - September 15, 2020

*Kylie Rae & Susie def. Deonna Purrazzo & Kimber Lee (8:21) when Susie pinned Kimber with the Panic Switch

*XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) def. The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake) (4:08) when Larry pinned Jake after the Best Hand in the House

*Trey def. TJP (7:27) after Meteora 

*Rich Swann came to the ring and called out Scott D'Amore. Rich talked about having to retire then see the man who put him out win the world title. Rich asked Scott to let him fight Eric Young. D'Amore said he would love to see him compete but he's not medically cleared. Swann said he would be ready by Bound for Glory, pointing out that he pinned Young at Slammiversary so he should be next in line. D'Amore worried that Swann could end up crippled. Rich pleaded with D'Amore for the shot at Bound for Glory until Eric Young interrupted. Young shoved D'Amore down, Swann attacked Young until he escaped the ring. D'Amore then announced Eric Young vs. Rich Swann as the main event of Bound for Glory. 

*Willie Mack def. Brian Myers (8:02) with the Stunner after Myers hit an exposed turnbuckle

*Kiera Hogan (w/ Tasha Steelz) def. Taya Valkyrie (3:19) with the swinging fisherman's suplex after Tasha interfered. 

*Ace Austin, Madman Fulton, Ethan Page, & Josh Alexander def. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Doc Gallows, & Karl Anderson (15:06) after the North hit their finish on Sabin then Ace tagged himself in to score the pin.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Acey lost 100 lbs? You can't really tell (which is good for his image as a wrestler I guess) but good on him and his health. 

Every time I see Eric Young I think it's Ken Kennedy now. 

I'm calling it right now: Rosemary's "virgin sacrifice" is Susie, so she can bring back Mitchell from the Undead Realm to minister her wedding. Or it's Kylie Rae. If it's Susie then we get back Su Yung again of course. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They did a tearing the turnbuckle pad off spot, and despite the fact that Matthews kept talking about the Dangerous Exposed Steel, there was clearly another, smaller turnbuckle pad underneath.

Also, I think Willy Mack dyes his hair. Because Brian Myers had what I took for a nasty bruise pattern across his chest and shoulder for a while, but then it rubbed off. And neither guy wears any kind of face paint or anything, so I can't see where else it could have come from.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1