DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

meanwhile, in Football Is A Work news:

the Denver Broncos have a 3rd & 2 with 2:00 and all 3 time outs left, and despite running effectively throughout the drive (including a successful QB sneak) they line up in obvious passing formations, throwing into heavy traffic on 3rd and getting sacked on 4th.  In desperation to score as quickly as possible so that Pittsburgh can get the ball back and still win.

• Haha 1

Just now, BobbyWhioux said:

meanwhile, in Football Is A Work news:

the Denver Broncos have a 3rd & 2 with 2:00 and all 3 time outs left, and despite running effectively throughout the drive (including a successful QB sneak) they line up in obvious passing formations, throwing into heavy traffic on 3rd and getting sacked on 4th.  In desperation to score as quickly as possible so that Pittsburgh can get the ball back and still win.

This is just an example of most football coaches being unimaginative cowards.  At least half of the league would be better off if they ran more than they passed, but pretty much no one runs that much any more.  They'd rather pass and lose than run and win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mike McCarthy should not have been rewarded for all his nonsense this game

Mike McCarthy: I'm gonna absolutely shit the bed and be on the hotseat by week 3.

Dan Quinn: Hold my beer...

Josh Allen was a beast today, and did it passing instead of running as he had over 400 passing yards and 4 passing TDs. I'm not putting him ahead of Lamar of course but he's clearly to me the #2 QB from the 2018 draft class at this point. Having Diggs of course helps as it frees up John Brown too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Josh Allen was a beast today, and did it passing instead of running as he had over 400 passing yards and 4 passing TDs. I'm not putting him ahead of Lamar of course but he's clearly to me the #2 QB from the 2018 draft class at this point. Having Diggs of course helps as it frees up John Brown too.

I'm about as big of a Josh Allen critic as exists, but I have to give him credit for some of the balls he threw today.  He's the opposite of Mitch Trubisky, I don't know what people see in him.  Some of Allen's physical gifts are so overwhelmingly good, that you will give him every chance to fail.  He's my fantasy quarterback, because I know he scores a lot of rushing touchdowns, but he's been really good as a passer so far this year.

• Like 1

We talked about it earlier with Robinson, but its interesting to me when players are clearly not in great situations (bad team, bad QB, bad coach, etc.) but still seek and sign big extensions. Unless Watson is just assuming O'Brien will get fired before much longer and is waiting it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

We talked about it earlier with Robinson, but its interesting to me when players are clearly not in great situations (bad team, bad QB, bad coach, etc.) but still seek and sign big extensions. Unless Watson is just assuming O'Brien will get fired before much longer and is waiting it out.

We all expect BOB to get fired soon. Of course, we’ve been expecting it for years now

• Haha 1

I have moved on...because it’s a game. I have a great life. Wife, annoying but good kids. A brand new job. A new house. Football is entertainment. I love the Falcons. But my life is literally not impacted whatsoever on what the Falcons do. Did LI hurt? Sure it did. But for me to allow a football game that has zero impact on my life traumatize me is just silly. I am still the same person tomorrow. But with that being said...

A two point conversion??? WHEN YOU ARE UP 19?!? The commitment to these garbage ass safeties. This moronic "bend but don't break" defense. This team doesn't even know the special team rules. If that's not a sign of terrible coaching, I don't know what is. Can't even blame this on Koetter and the offense. They're averaging 30 ppg. 

I am officially selling tickets for the "fire Dan Quinn" train. This is the worst coaching I’ve ever seen. I almost want Mike Smith back. Blank needs to promote Morris right now and move on. 

I swear being a Falcons fan is like being on a roller coaster that drops you off a cliff at the end. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Edited by Black Angel