DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

Giants vs Bears in the some one has to win... right???? game

Its not even 12 hours later and I am still trying to wrap my head around my coach saying he would be happy if every possession ended in a kick

At least he isn't Vic Fangio

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Giants vs Bears in the some one has to win... right???? game

Its not even 12 hours later and I am still trying to wrap my head around my coach saying he would be happy if every possession ended in a kick

At least he isn't Vic Fangio

Joe Judge lost me after the second drive of the game. We got lucky, and recovered the fumbled punt at the 3. Danny Dimes fumbles the ball on second down, and one of our linemen falls on it for the touchdown. Any coach with a brain throws the challenge flag to get it called as a fumble, and a recovery for the TD.

Nope. Stupid Judge and his readheaded OC stand their like idiots, and just let the refs get away with the incorrect call of an incomplete pass, and we settle for a field goal. I thought the top of my head was going to come off at that point.

2 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Joe Judge lost me after the second drive of the game. We got lucky, and recovered the fumbled punt at the 3. Danny Dimes fumbles the ball on second down, and one of our linemen falls on it for the touchdown. Any coach with a brain throws the challenge flag to get it called as a fumble, and a recovery for the TD.

Nope. Stupid Judge and his readheaded OC stand their like idiots, and just let the refs get away with the incorrect call of an incomplete pass, and we settle for a field goal. I thought the top of my head was going to come off at that point.

I'm a Giants fan too and I feel your pain. But the whistle had been blown for the incomplete pass already. A challenge would have been ruled a fumble that could not be advanced because the play was dead. So had The Giants challenged and won, they would have gained.... 1 yard. That's a waste of a challenge. The only way that play results in a touchdown is if they didn't blow the play dead and ruled it a TD on the field to begin with.

The passing game looked surprisingly solid. The running game was worse that I could have ever imagined. Defense was about what I was expecting. It's gonna be a rough year. But I did really enjoy seeing them spread it 5 wide a bunch and run the hurry offense a lot. Predicting 6 wins this year. At least it's an improvement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I'm a Giants fan too and I feel your pain. But the whistle had been blown for the incomplete pass already. A challenge would have been ruled a fumble that could not be advanced because the play was dead. So had The Giants challenged and won, they would have gained.... 1 yard. That's a waste of a challenge. The only way that play results in a touchdown is if they didn't blow the play dead and ruled it a TD on the field to begin with.

The passing game looked surprisingly solid. The running game was worse that I could have ever imagined. Defense was about what I was expecting. It's gonna be a rough year. But I did really enjoy seeing them spread it 5 wide a bunch and run the hurry offense a lot. Predicting 6 wins this year. At least it's an improvement.

Now see I didn’t hear the whistle. All I heard was ESPN’s rules official telling that if it had been challenged that it would have been a TD, and in the same breath he said it would have been a wasted challenge. Which made no sense to me.

The passing game did look much better than I expected too. I was happy I started Darius Slayton in a bunch of FanDuel contests last night. I thought he’d have a good game, but he had a great one. 

Like you I’d be happy if we get to six wins as bad as the run game and defense looked last night. I should have known that Judge and Garrett wouldn’t know how to properly use Saquon, but it was still disappointing to watch it. Oh hey he’s getting nothing running straight up the middle. So let’s run him straight up the middle constantly. Oh hey the crap O-Lineman we took from Georgia can’t block anyone. Let’s keep sending Saquon to his side of the line. If they can’t come up with a better attack plan than that I see the Giants hiring a new coach and OC again in two years.

Yeah - for what its worth - as Mavs said - whoever ESPN was using as their rules official was claiming that it would have been ruled a TD.

But as Hammer noted - it is hard to challenge a play that goes in your favor.

I mean I understand the logic in that you think "Hey my offense is still gonna score anyway". The problem with that logic is you need to have an OL that can protect for more than 1 second. But welcome to the world of no preseason games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile - Allen Robinson is cranky about the Bears not giving him a new deal yet.

So - since this is the age we live in - he removed all references to Bears from his social media

I'd be cranky too if my career was based on tracking down passes from Mitch Trubisky.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I'd be cranky too if my career was based on tracking down passes from Mitch Trubisky.  

That's 3rd in the NFL in passing TDs and owner of a 104 rating Mitch Trubisky to you, pal!

• Haha 4

Apparently he is annoyed they won't extend him/increase his yearly pay, implying he wants some more Mitch in his life. Not that I blame a guy for wanting to get paid and its not a good offseason coming up to hit the market if the cap goes down as much as they think it will. Probably frustrating for a lot of pending free agents.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - for what its worth - as Mavs said - whoever ESPN was using as their rules official was claiming that it would have been ruled a TD.

But as Hammer noted - it is hard to challenge a play that goes in your favor.

I mean I understand the logic in that you think "Hey my offense is still gonna score anyway". The problem with that logic is you need to have an OL that can protect for more than 1 second. But welcome to the world of no preseason games.

Whoever the ESPN rules analyst was made a mistake or got confused or something then lol. By default every play that is called incomplete the whistle blows. Or else games would be 10 hours long because every incomplete pass we'd have to wait until someone chased down the ball and ran it in for a TD, just in case it got overturned to a fumble. If it's incomplete the play is dead and the whistle blows. And when the whistle blows you can't advance a fumble. A clear recovery can change who has possession on a challenge, but no forward advancement.

3 hours ago, DangerMark said:

I don't know who that "rules expert" was but he was a contrary moron who seemed to only exist to say that the referees were wrong.

I don’t remember his name either, but he sounded like he was even dumber than the First Take duo. I’d wager that Max Kellerman actually could have spent less time complaining about the officials, and at the very least not sounded as stupid as this guy did.

I told a friend on Monday that I'd be happy if the Browns started running the wishbone offense, and nothing about this game has made me think differently.  Chubb is my favorite Brown since maybe Bernie Kosar, and Hunt may actually be more talented than him overall.  

Baker Vergara actually looked like he was on the itty bitty titty committee for most of this game.  Either the Ravens are fucking awesome, the Bengals defense is terrible, or Baker is the most inconsistent player on earth.