DVDVR Message Board

Rawtribution - 9/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

With all I heard about Hurt Business looking king-sized at the end I ending up catching the clip.  And sure enough they looked like a billion bucks that I was so happy to cheer for.  And while I'm not going to say they're heels that should be faces they are a group that comes across much cooler than whoever they're going against.  Heck, I love Cedric but his stock went up quite a bit once he joined them.  Going forward I would love to see/hear about them going more tweener than full-on heel as I think there's something worth getting into.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

With all I heard about Hurt Business looking king-sized at the end I ending up catching the clip.  And sure enough they looked like a billion bucks that I was so happy to cheer for.  And while I'm not going to say they're heels that should be faces they are a group that comes across much cooler than whoever they're going against.  Heck, I love Cedric but his stock went up quite a bit once he joined them.  Going forward I would love to see/hear about them going more tweener than full-on heel as I think there's something worth getting into.

I thought for sure it would be the standard WWE heel playbook, they'd line up, look tough, then leave. Or swerve and attack Lee and Drew. But the way they slowly took off their suit coats and ties, then went ahead and brawled (Even though WWE did their best to miss the best shots...friggin' Kevin Dunn...haha). I read recently they were thinking of adding a female member and was thinking how awesome it wold be put Bianca Bel Air in the group (Though that could cause some problems down the line, should they go after the tag titles...).

• Like 1

I read that Aleister Black discussion a couple pages back and it just reinforces how adept Vince is at making established and potential stars into "just another guys." Just on Raw, there's Andrade, Aleister Black, Mustafa Ali, Ricochet and The Viking Raiders. On Smackdown you got Nakamura, Cesaro, Kofi, Chad Gable, Sheamus, and other dudes I'm sure I'm forgetting. This is an epidemic level problem in the E, and I don't understand why it keeps happening...

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 10:39 PM, For Great Justice said:

Retribution are the jobberiest looking dudes to be presented as a legit threat since?

The entire roster went on strike because they were scared of Miz and R Truth.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, just drew said:

I read that Aleister Black discussion a couple pages back and it just reinforces how adept Vince is at making established and potential stars into "just another guys." Just on Raw, there's Andrade, Aleister Black, Mustafa Ali, Ricochet and The Viking Raiders. On Smackdown you got Nakamura, Cesaro, Kofi, Chad Gable, Sheamus, and other dudes I'm sure I'm forgetting. This is an epidemic level problem in the E, and I don't understand why it keeps happening...

Vince McMahon and indeed it's a shame that it's a regular occurence.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 4:47 PM, caley said:

I read recently they were thinking of adding a female member and was thinking how awesome it wold be put Bianca Bel Air in the group (Though that could cause some problems down the line, should they go after the tag titles...).

Dana Brooke is right there.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, just drew said:

I almost wonder if it's a little of the old Vince McMahon "not my creation" vibe bleeding through. Like how he wouldn't get behind creations that weren't his in the old days: Chris Jericho came in on top then shuffled down the lineup for a while; Foley coming in Mankind (Despite Foley initially wanting to do Cactus Jack); Vader etc. etc. So even though these guys are coming up in-house from NXT, Vince still looks at them as not his creations and stubbornly wants to change them. I actually wonder if it wouldn't be beneficial for Triple H or whoever is running NXT now to bring Vince in on the gimmick/nickname groundfloor in NXT so that he feels like he has more of a hand in their creation when they head to the main roster.

1 hour ago, caley said:

I actually wonder if it wouldn't be beneficial for Triple H or whoever is running NXT now to bring Vince in on the gimmick/nickname groundfloor in NXT so that he feels like he has more of a hand in their creation when they head to the main roster.

Don't ruin NXT, pal lol

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

EiPn9fCUcAA5ZUp?format=jpg&name=900x900

@Ace You may have been right a few weeks back when you wondered about Lashley looking smaller than usual. In his defense however, this may also be the most ripped he has ever looked! As well as the most bad ass company he's ever kept! They mean business! The hurt kind.

• Like 2