DVDVR Message Board

Rawtribution - 9/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Basically Vince doesn't like the gimmick, although (in contrast with recent 3 week pushes) he apparently does see something in the guy.

So it seems they're going to completely bury the gimmick and see what, if anything, comes out the other side. The problem is, of course, that he's covered in occult tats and it's hard to really see what else he'd get over with.

He'd clearly be better off on NXT feuding with Balor or something, but then there's a few guys you could say that about.

Needs More DANCING, Pal! 

Heh, heh, it's such good shit!

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Its gonna be weird when Mia Yim is revealed as a member after they jumped Keith Lee.

Well Dijakovic is like his best friend in NXT and he's in there too...  

Wait... 

You don't think . . .

So, if Retribution is Antifa, are we supposed to get a BLM vibe from The Hurt Business, and what symbolism are we to take from last night?

I'm just kidding, of course; this is wrestling not English Lit 101.

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well Dijakovic is like his best friend in NXT and he's in there too...  

Wait... 

You don't think . . .

Uh-oh! What was that old C&C Music Factory -song called again?  Oh yeah, "Things that make you go Hmmm..." That's suspect, right there!

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Raw rating down from last week.

1.81 million
1.73 million
1.52 million

Expected with the Monday Night Football debuts but that was also down from last year.  My takeaway is that while RAW has mostly sucked,  the pandemic has sped up the process of cord cutting as well.  Netflix subscriptions during the pandemic were huge as were Disney+ and HBO while not huge yet is giving a bunch of free months to AT&T customers, etc..  

RAW is going to have a tough time on the road ahead.   Smackdown should be good because it's on FOX and it helps that the show has been quite a bit better than RAW lately. 

Retribution are the jobberiest looking dudes to be presented as a legit threat since?

Like there’s that one very early episode of Dynamite where Dark Order ended the show on top way before the act was ready. Maybe that’s one. Uh, The Ascension were super jobbery but were never a threat.

I can’t think of one. What a bunch of scrubs.

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Retribution are the jobberiest looking dudes to be presented as a legit threat since?

Like there’s that one very early episode of Dynamite where Dark Order ended the show on top way before the act was ready. Maybe that’s one. Uh, The Ascension were super jobbery but were never a threat.

I can’t think of one. What a bunch of scrubs.

Spirit Squad? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Honestly, I thought Mickie had a legit injury and they just went to the finish.  The ref appeared to be talking to her during the Zelina segment that followed, which sort of reinforced it.  

And to button up this one:

13 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m cracking up at “Lumber Jack.”

Yeah, I wonder whether the person in question has somehow explained to themselves as to how and why the move would logically be referred to as "Lumber Jack "? I'd love to hear it! It could be totally reasonable, but I'm at a loss.

...oh, maybe the knees are an ax and the opponent's back is a tree trunk?

Edited by Shartnado
maybe like so