DVDVR Message Board

Rawtribution - 9/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Looking at the Asuka finish again, my guess is that Mickie rolled over to get a nearfall on Asuka, and Asuka was supposed to turn her back around and finally get the tap, but the ref only knew Asuka-lock was the finish and called it early.

Mickey seemed all over the place in the match tonight, they also botched that hip toss knee spot before the commercial break and had to redo it, whiffed on that second mick kick, seemed a step and a half slower than Asuka on most exchanges and seemed to lose her spot on that back roll pin spot at the end leaving the ref to just call for a tap rather than hope for them to sort it out on their own. That was likely a mistake, but given how off Mickey was all match I can sort of understand.

What the fuck is going on with Aleister Black?  I'm not a huge fan of his,  I think he's decent but my god his booking has SUCKED.  I mean worse than most. He was called up and the team of him and Ricochet was over.  He had a cool entrance and theme music.  Then for reasons he is shoved quite literally in a closet for like a year.  Nothing ever really came out of that.  Then he loses an eye in a feud with Murphy/Rollins but for reasons that I THINK have gone unexplained he turns heel on Kevin Owens instead of getting revenge on his attackers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What the fuck is going on with Aleister Black?  I'm not a huge fan of his,  I think he's decent but my god his booking has SUCKED.  I mean worse than most. He was called up and the team of him and Ricochet was over.  He had a cool entrance and theme music.  Then for reasons he is shoved quite literally in a closet for like a year.  Nothing ever really came out of that.  Then he loses an eye in a feud with Murphy/Rollins but for reasons that I THINK have gone unexplained he turns heel on Kevin Owens instead of getting revenge on his attackers. 

Basically Vince doesn't like the gimmick, although (in contrast with recent 3 week pushes) he apparently does see something in the guy.

So it seems they're going to completely bury the gimmick and see what, if anything, comes out the other side. The problem is, of course, that he's covered in occult tats and it's hard to really see what else he'd get over with.

He'd clearly be better off on NXT feuding with Balor or something, but then there's a few guys you could say that about.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Looking at the Asuka finish again, my guess is that Mickie rolled over to get a nearfall on Asuka, and Asuka was supposed to turn her back around and finally get the tap, but the ref only knew Asuka-lock was the finish and called it early.

Yeah, watching it this morning, I'm thinking the Asuka Lock was supposed to be the finish and the ref called it rather than let Mickie get out of the move.  Has anyone gotten out of the Asuka Lock?  I'm skeptical they wanted Mickie to be the first (?) to survive Asuka's finisher.

I'm guessing the Samoan Drop though a table (w/ Lana) had a lot to do with Miro showing up on AEW?   

All this discussion about the Mickie/Asuka finish and I was surprised to see it remained intact on the Youtube clip.  But at first it looked like Mickie had a pinfall on Asuka and maybe with the other arm being trapped the ref figured to call for the bell.  Either way it was a really bad finish though I'm looking forward to it being on an upcoming Botchamania.

Honestly, I thought Mickie had a legit injury and they just went to the finish.  The ref appeared to be talking to her during the Zelina segment that followed, which sort of reinforced it.