DVDVR Message Board

Rawtribution - 9/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

So I figured out the Retribution angle. It's the nWo backwards. All the over booked water down fuck finishes at first. Then maybe they will worry about getting someone over and weeding people out. And then it ends two years from now when..... The Young Bucks join WWE and Cena is the third man?

Nah just kidding. Just the over booked watered down fuck finishes with no thought or narrative. Bonus points for legitimately making it unwatchable with 60 camera cuts per second.

I THINK what happened with the Asuka/Mickie James ending is that she was positioning her hand during the roll over and the referee thought she was tapping.  She had a real confused look on her face when the ref ended it so I would say the ref messed it up.  Match was solid, I hope to see more of Mickie but I'm not getting my hopes up on that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I THINK what happened with the Asuka/Mickie James ending is that she was positioning her hand during the roll over and the referee thought she was tapping.  She had a real confused look on her face when the ref ended it so I would say the ref messed it up.  Match was solid, I hope to see more of Mickie but I'm not getting my hopes up on that. 

Eh6zHluXsAIbpg-?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Eh7KLASWsAQo-yK?format=jpg&name=large

If the goal of that ending was to make The Hurt Business the biggest faces on Raw then it was well-done. They looked incredibly bad-ass coming out in suits and manhandling Retribution despite being outnumbered

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, caley said:

If the goal of that ending was to make The Hurt Business the biggest faces on Raw then it was well-done. They looked incredibly bad-ass coming out in suits and manhandling Retribution despite being outnumbered

I agree with everything you said but I don't think they are babyfaces because in WWE 99% of the babyfaces are geeks. The Hurt Business got no time for that. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The way James turned over at an awkward angle, I think the ref might of thought that Mickie dislocated something because they announced it as James not being able to continue and not a submission.

That Mickie/Asuka match was good till the messed up ending. Hasn't that ref had a history of screwing up finishes? I know he's blown a couple on RAW before this in the last year or so. It's also entirely possible Vince got bored with the match and told him to ring the bell. 

Dominik vs. Seth was good. Though I wish they could have had some blood. I mean if Seth is going to play this corporate version of Raven, he should at least bleed once in a while.

So Braun is on Raw Underground. I guess we know who's getting traded/drafted soon.

This retribution thing is so dumb. But DAMN did The Hurt Business rule when they came out.

It took me a little while to figure out where I had seen something that bad ass before and this is what it reminded me of. At least the walkout.

I love The Hurt Business. Best group in wrestling in ages. 

• Like 2

Asuka/Mickie started off well, but they seemed to be losing steam as it went on. That ending botch was just weird. I assume the ref fucked up or Mickie got legit hurt. Zlina comign down to put the challenge to Asuka was fun. Loved Charly throwing shade on Zelina right before she interview Keith.

Seth/Dominick was solid. Feels weird that it happened again just to build Seth vs. Murphy. Also kind of weird that the sister checked on Murphy.

Braun on Raw Underground was alright. I'm kind of looking forward to him vs. Babatunde next week. Also dug the doorman getting Titus hyped up.

Lana getting murdered with a Samoan Drop through the table was surprising.

Hurt Business was the highlight of Raw. They looked fantastic coming down to take on Retribution despite the odds. That said, it is messed up right now that the biggest badasses on the main shows are heels.

Edited by Eivion

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Zlina comign down to put the challenge to Asuka was fun.

Also kind of weird that the sister checked on Murphy.

Zelina's segment felt rushed and unnecessary, she just randomly butted in whilst Mickie was still out on the floor.

The bit with Murphy was interesting - I thought we were going to see a face turn tonight, buuuut maybe they're going to interject her into that story and prolong it slightly.