DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I was getting pissed at the end because that was not a flagrant foul (Jaylen Brown on Duncan Robinson).  You can't get up under a defender like that in his space and then have it be called a flagrant when it's his space of motion.  Bullshit. 

But otherwise the Celtics played a lot better in the 3rd quarter tonight so that was nice.  Hayward isn't even close to being 100% I don't think but I guess it's better than what the rest of the bench was giving. 

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Anthony Davis with one of the biggest shots of his career. 

Which is kinda sad if you think about how long he's been in the league.

I was watching on Sling which was two minutes behind for whatever reason.  I knew LA won, Davis hit that shot anyway and I was still all "HOLY SHIT!"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

No matter what I'm gonna respect the shit out of the Nuggets after this post-season. You just sense they aren't gonna make this easy on the Lakers.

If they can figure out how to play at top level before their backs are against the wall...

But they are just such a difficult matchup because Jokic isn't like anyone else in the league and Murray is turning this from "hot streak" to "coming out party." It's breathtaking and I love it. Denver could fuck up either of two perfect narratives for the Association. LeBron vs The Celtics part 350, or LeBron vs Miami with all that history.

• Like 2

It's not often I declare both teams dead and am wrong twice.  I said the Lakers were dead down by 20 and I said the Nuggets were dead UP by 3 because it just felt like they took their best shot and now L.A. had all of the momentum.  

In fairness,  the Lakers weren't really playing that well during the comeback it was a combination of Rondo and co. fouling the hell out of every Nugget and the refs swallowing the whistle and also Denver took some terrible 3-point attempts early in the shot clock. 

Fun series. No matter what Denver is a problem for the rest of the league for years to come. 

This series could easily be 2-1 the other way. 

In the face of six straight turnovers and the Lakers switching to the zone to break that high pick and roll, the Nuggs never gave up the lead and they put the clampdown on 'em in the last two minutes. 

Regardless of how this series turns out, I think the Nuggets put the whole league on notice tonight. 

I especially love the fact that Jamal Murray sealed the game with a 30 footer over Anthony Davis. PUT IT BACK IN HIS EYE.

Tatum finally comes alive.

But Miami only has a lead in this game because - quelle surprise - Boston keeps putting Miami in the damn bonus, and they've made 8 more FTs.  Jesus. 

I guess it's just a good thing Lawful isn't a Celtics fan, or we'd be hearing some Illuminati-type shit right now.

• Haha 1

Bam better not be hurt seriously. That would be a fucking tragedy (of the sporting variety, we got real life tragedies enough). 

Edit: Second half was fun once they worked off the rust. Lakers in 5.

Edited by Jiji

How is Plumlee still getting minutes? Dude is a black hole offensively and isn't nearly as good defensively as to make up for it. Is he even good defensively? Twice caught pointing at game winners on non switches and some bonehead plays. Just clone Jerami Grant or something. 

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

It's so much fun along with Rondo turning back the clock. That inbound pass was disgusting. 

I've said for years that Rondo is one of my all-time favorite "I love to watch this guy but would never want him on my team" guys.

• Like 1