DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

I was reading that there could be a lengthy break in the eastern conference finals so they don't get too far ahead of the west. After game 3 on Saturday, they could break until Wednesday. Could be weird. 

That break may be a big help for Boston as it gives Hayward more time to get back.

Rooting for Miami to take the whole damn thing regardless.

• Like 1

Did anyone expect a Heat/Celtics ECF? Pretty much anything could happen, especially in the bubble where home court means jack shit. I really like the Celtics' young core, but I'm kind of leaning toward the Heat. Jimmy Butler is the best player in the series, especially in those pressure cooker fourth quarter moments. I really hope the Celtics don't have Tatum handle the ball as much as he did in the Toronto series. Every time he tried to drive, it was an automatic turnover. 

Y'know if the seeds broke different, I don't know Miami beats Toronto, and I don't think the Celtics beat the Bucks.  Styles make fights.  It's wild. 

I called Miami beating the Bucks way back when, so I'm still rooting for them.  Plus, Dragic is an ex-Rocket.  Always liked him.  And Jimmy's from Tomball.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Y'know if the seeds broke different, I don't know Miami beats Toronto, and I don't think the Celtics beat the Bucks.  Styles make fights.  It's wild. 

I called Miami beating the Bucks way back when, so I'm still rooting for them.  Plus, Dragic is an ex-Rocket.  Always liked him.  And Jimmy's from Tomball.

Sorry you’re not allowed to root for another team or you’re not a “real fan” of the Rockets. 

After all when I tried to make a bet with you involving Kawhi you accused me of not being a real Mavs fan. So why don’t you keep that in mind before shooting your mouth off about ex-Rockets, and players you all of a sudden like (Jimmy Butler).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Faithless. 

How many times in these playoffs has a team dropped the first game only to win the series? 3? 

I'm not faithless, I'm saying that Boston continues to have these issues down the stretch of close games because there's not one guy who has stepped into the role of closer like Miami has with Butler.  It's shared between Kemba who has been mostly off in these playoffs and Tatum who is 22 and he's hit or miss, sometimes he reminds us that he is 22. 

9 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

Those one foot jumpers with a touch of gump are so lethal.

The passes when he somehow sees some dude cutting behind him.  The rebounds he gets over people without jumping.  He is a terrible defender, but if he's an entire offense by himself.

• Like 1