DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Wobbly Walrus - 9/11/2020

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We pretty much had a Samoan S.W.A.T. Team shout out there... love it. 

I'll be damned... that's right! I mean, I haven't seen the show yet, but Roman teaming with an Uso with Heyman around would be an SST (re)incarnation in an of itself. If there was something more than that they did in reference to SST, then it's all the more cool!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I'll be damned... that's right! I mean, I haven't seen the show yet, but Roman teaming with an Uso with Heyman around would be an SST (re)incarnation in an of itself. If there was something more than that they did in reference to SST, then it's all the more cool!

Yes exactly but there was also a direct reference from Jey Uso in his earlier promo. 

• Like 2

This is the first time I really watched some WWE in a long time, I was really bored.

So much corporate crap that turns me off of the show entirely , but there was some real good stuff in there too- loved the Roman/Uso stuff, and Sami acting unhinged.  If WWE could just cut the crap out of their shows, they'd blow away everything else, but they won't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

I liked that Bayley went the "Sting if he smartened up for once and turned on on Flair before Flair could turn on him" route. It gives her a point to her villainy...

Sting is the most stupid/gullible babyface of all time.

8 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Fire&Desire, Role Models, IIconics and BlissCross out:  Jax/Bayzler & What's Left Of The Riott Squad in.

worst trade since the Vikings gave Dallas a dynasty's worth of draft picks for Herschel Walker

Also Kabuki Warriors, though that wash't a booking decision.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Sting is the most stupid/gullible babyface of all time.

You know all things aside, I really liked that angle where Flair betrayed Sting in 1995 and Sting said "if you swerve me, you're dead," and went after Flair relentlessly and snapped on him on that match on Nitro. It didn't really go anywhere because they basically transitioned to Flair vs. Savage and then the Dungeon of Doom nonsense and Sting teaming with Luger, who was a bad influence on Sting or was going to turn on Sting himself. 

I will trade a thousand Bayley & Sasha tag teams for Fire & Desire and the complete Riott Squad to be brought back. Yes, I know Sonya Deville is gone right now because of a piece of shit, and Sarah Rowe is pregnant, but let me live in my fantasy world. I'm just over here still baffled at how hard they dropped the ball on the Riott Squad.

• Like 1

You think they understand anything about punk rock or anything tangentially related to it enough to make a gimmick out of it work? They'd never ask either. They wouldn't even care.

I'm not sure how they dropped the ball on the Riott Squad outside of creating in the first place. They were never well-defined from the start, and Ruby was the only one of them even solid in the ring. Sarah Rowe was just never good any where in her WWE run. Liv developed into a decent henchwoman, but didn't start showing real improvement until she was on her own. Honestly, the team reforming with Liv & Ruby has probably been the best development they had. It has shown though that they fucked up making Ruby a heel in the first place as she is just a more natural face.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

You think they understand anything about punk rock or anything tangentially related to it enough to make a gimmick out of it work? They'd never ask either. They wouldn't even care.

All you have to do is look at what patches Ruby wears to know that. 

Anyway, thinking about them led me to listen to this so hey

Bayley sitting in the chair she used against Sasha was great. That promo was really reminiscent of Eddie sitting in the chair and yelling at Rey’s mask — definitely felt like a reference point and homage to one of the all-time best promos. Really well done from Bayley.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

SDL numbers continue to rise. 2.26 million this week.  Last week Meltzer said the highest rated segment was Sasha & Bayley and also that Roman's segments did well.  This week the numbers are up again.  Meanwhile,  RAW is fucking struggling...  

It could be because SDL is just a better show at this point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Bayley sitting in the chair she used against Sasha was great. That promo was really reminiscent of Eddie sitting in the chair and yelling at Rey’s mask — definitely felt like a reference point and homage to one of the all-time best promos. Really well done from Bayley.

You're right, it's one of the best promos ever by Eddie Guerrero. It's why I remember it 15 years later.

• Like 1