DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 9/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Thank you Casey, I kinda thought that's what they were doing. "We're thankful for you promoting us all over your other shows, so we're returning the favor" type shit

But then reading all the feedback about the Cody hype/game show announcement that was where I got confused and thought Oh fuck, please don't tell me the new AEW show is a fucking game show!

ain't seen show yet, got two weeks of Dark qnd Dynamite plus the ppv to catch up on, but the posts got me mixed up as I scrolled thru spoilers/revuews

7 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Thank you Casey, I kinda thought that's what they were doing. "We're thankful for you promoting us all over your other shows, so we're returning the favor" type shit

But then reading all the feedback about the Cody hype/game show announcement that was where I got confused and thought Oh fuck, please don't tell me the new AEW show is a fucking game show!

ain't seen show yet, got two weeks of Dark qnd Dynamite plus the ppv to catch up on, but the posts got me mixed up as I scrolled thru spoilers/revuews

It's just vapid cross-promotion synergy. Not sure why people are getting worked up over it. It's not like they promised an earth-shattering announcement and it just turns out to be Taz bringing back the FTW belt. 

I think at least it's a good sign that Turner hopefully has a good relationship now with AEW and has faith in the product and brand and wants to use their talent to cross over with their other shows.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

I dunno man.  A Dark Order redux of Wheel of Fortune hosted by Mr. Brodie Lee would be sweet.  "YOU DUMB FUCK WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUY A VOWEL RIGHT NOW HOLY FUCK"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

There's four judges on the Cody talent show. 2 of the others are Snoop Dogg and Rosario Dawson. If anything, Cody being there elevates him as a mainstream celeb.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just to play “Devil’s Asshole”. I believe Cody today is more recognizable than Dawson.

No way. He's on a weekly show that gets up to 1 mil viewers  running for less than a year with a very defined niche audience, having been off any legitimate form of American television for years prior to that. This appearance is definitely a coup for him.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

There's four judges on the Cody talent show. 2 of the others are Snoop Dogg and Rosario Dawson. 

Sasha's cousin is hosting a talent show? 

Anyway,  I'm not sure if AEW will see a massive increase in TV money although they should definitely see an increase.  WWE may see a decrease. 

One thought I had about AEW's second TV show, people talked about putting it on Saturday since that one episode of Dynamite did OK there. However, Saturday is also the night AEW likes to have its PPVs. Would it be like a Sunday night heat situation where they have the show air at like a 6-7 PM and it would go on before the PPV? Or should they move the AEW PPVs to Sunday?

Secondly, after this week's ratings, is there any chance Vince allows NXT to move to Tuesdays?

I mean think about this. AEW did over a million viewers this week. Raw only did 1.7 million viewers. Raw is struggling to keep viewership over 2 million on a weekly basis. The gap is NOT that far apart right now.

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Would it be like a Sunday night heat situation where they have the show air at like a 6-7 PM and it would go on before the PPV? Or should they move the AEW PPVs to Sunday?

WCW used to do 2-Hour Saturday Nights in the 90’s leading up to do the PPV guaranteeing a cheap ass like myself to see the PPV set, and arena while getting a typical crazy rando episode of WCW TV.

• Like 3

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

WCW used to do 2-Hour Saturday Nights in the 90’s leading up to do the PPV guaranteeing a cheap ass like myself to see the PPV set, and arena while getting a typical crazy rando episode of WCW TV.

So provided we get out of this pandemic, do a live version the night before a PPV in the same arena?

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I sure hope so. Having friends over and going hard in the paint is way better Saturday material than Sunday. I never understood the Sunday appeal. Fewer people go out but I like the recovery day. 

I think it’s because football was always a decent lead in, maybe? But with Sunday night being the real big football game, it doesn’t seem like the best night.