DVDVR Message Board

Another Board "Upgrade"

RIPPA
Message added by RIPPA,

I am just testing something

Ignore me as usual

EDIT - Ooooh this worked and is fancy. Leaving here as example

I turned it off for now since the early feedback is negative about it

I will probably actually put it up for a vote some time later - along with some other new features but I am still exploring at the moment

• Like 2

I think a vote would be a good idea. I mean I'm not into it, but I could see value in being able to quicklink back to an important post in a 45 page thread. I don't use this website on mobile or on a small screen, so it doesn't totally kill the site for me either.

It seems like it would make sense that posts under where the side bar ends would go the normal width, so only the top one or two posts are condensed.

When you moved it below the first post of the page, was there an option to put it ABOVE? Because that could be a better compromise. I probably wouldn't care if it was at the top, so everything stayed the same width.

I'm good at ignoring shit. Half the time I don't even read the usenames of who posts stuff.

52 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I don't use this website on mobile or on a small screen, so it doesn't totally kill the site for me either.

Oooooo... that's gonna be problematic. If it ruins it on a phone then that affects many probably. I'm almost always on the laptop but I do use the phone occasionally.

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oooooo... that's gonna be problematic. If it ruins it on a phone then that affects many probably. I'm almost always on the laptop but I do use the phone occasionally.

It didn't kill it because it was a problem - I did it just because most folks don't need/want the fancy bells and whistles on mobile.

It is very I am still screaming about people posting 83 giant images in a post

I changed my mind, the Navy Nights theme is better.

VaporRun is terrible, but I'm not surprised all of you old people can tolerate since you've already lost your eyesight ?

Either theme makes the quick reply box look weird (like the spoiler, emoji, quote, link, etc buttons).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Casey said:

Either theme makes the quick reply box look weird (like the spoiler, emoji, quote, link, etc buttons).

Real talk though: This is something that I'm trying to figure out and it's the biggest issue with the themes editor for me(which I just got acquainted with for the first time this morning). Most of it I was able to figure out pretty quickly, but for whatever reason certain objects are apart of shared style classes despite not really being the same.

For example the buttons in the quick response editor are the same color as their background. I can't find a separate class for just those editor buttons so I can help them stand out, but they're connected to the body color.  I can find it for most everything else, like the Submit Reply button or whatever.

Another odd example is the quote boxes. In this response I've quoted you, and that quote has white text in the VaporRun theme. However Rippa's anti-DVDVR quote in his signature has pink text. I don't know why this is.

I'm sure there is a solution but I'm not sure when I can have a minute to really figure it out. Right now these 1.0 versions will have to do, but be assured these aren't the final products. They're just for now so people who hate the white background themes(like me) can enjoy the board until it gets sorted.

• Like 1