DVDVR Message Board

Another Board "Upgrade"

RIPPA
Message added by RIPPA,

I am just testing something

Ignore me as usual

EDIT - Ooooh this worked and is fancy. Leaving here as example

Okay I just whipped up "DarkVelvet" as a theme. So for folks who are going blind now, scroll to the very bottom of this page, click on theme, and Dark Velvet should be available.

If a color pattern  is broken, link me an example of where it's fucked and I'll try to sort it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just as a reminder to the mod team: I exclusively use mobile to browse here so if there's any testing to be done on that front feel free to reach out. So far, it's been running a lot smoother than the last version.

FYI - this upgrade introduced a mobile app for all Invision Boards

HOWEVER - it only shows approved communities and boy, do I get a feeling we would not be approved

(That is also putting aside that I have not used the app so I can't even tell you if it is any good or not)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Okay I just whipped up "DarkVelvet" as a theme. So for folks who are going blind now, scroll to the very bottom of this page, click on theme, and Dark Velvet should be available.

If a color pattern  is broken, link me an example of where it's fucked and I'll try to sort it out.

Sir, you are a wonderful, wonderful man for this.  My eyes and I thank you.

• Like 1

I have been playing with the "Topic Summary" settings (this is what I was referring to with Top posts, etc)

1) I made it so it only appears on desktop/tablets. It won't appear on mobile

2) It only appears when a topic reaches at least 3 pages (this is the default)

3) I removed "Posted Images" from the summary for performance related reasons

4) I adjusted it so it appears under the first post (not the side).

That last one I am not sure I am thrilled with and I might go back to it appearing as a sidebar.

If everyone hates it - I can completely turn it off

Yeah that last one, it needs to be on the sidebar if you can't remove it completely. Like I said, I don't mind it, but being under a post is just weird.

EDIT: @jaedmc is a goddamn saint, thank you sir.

Edited by Casey

yeah not feeling it under the first post.

but then again I'm not feeling it altogether, but if people like having it around sidebar would probably be best. At least over there it can be ignored.

I already moved it back because I hated it.

The big reason I moved it was due to the complaint it was smushing the screen but I realized that removing it entirely from mobile probably solved that problem.

For the lameasses who like blue.... I hooked you up. There's a second dark theme called NAVY NIGHTS.

Again if something is broken and unreadable, link me an example and I'll sort it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just realized that you can link a particular song to a particular skin, so for example if one wishes, one can link Navy Nights to "I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman" by Whistling Jack Smith. Not that I would suggest anything like that earworm, but just sayin... 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

FYI - this upgrade introduced a mobile app for all Invision Boards

HOWEVER - it only shows approved communities and boy, do I get a feeling we would not be approved

(That is also putting aside that I have not used the app so I can't even tell you if it is any good or not)

I just tried installing it, and the sign-in button redirected me to a dead link.. Gonna file under 'skip for now' but thanks for the heads up.

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

At least there are multiple skins. This could be a fucking Facebook situation. 

The old green and white I used shows up pretty much the same, the bold blacks are a little more black is all. 

spinal-tap-none-more-black-nigel-nigel-t

EDIT: Wait, what's up with seemingly all the other posts not being fullscreen (unlike right here) because of that popular user/post block of crap on the very top? Can we get rid of that somehow? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Ohh. oohh,

That's the good shit right there...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

For the lameasses who like blue.... I hooked you up. There's a second dark theme called NAVY NIGHTS.

Again if something is broken and unreadable, link me an example and I'll sort it out.

Well, I sir don't consider myself a lameass.  ?  But I sure as shit love Navy Nights.  One reason is I think the font is more striking than Velvet and makes things pop out more.  Thank you kindly.

As for more skins it's up to you but considering you got these going in the past hour or two seems like it's not too bad to get them going.  I just appreciate darker skins that make it easier to read.

And it's the small things but I actually like the changes.  Top posts I can do without but everything else just seems to work quite well.

EDIT:  Testing a tweet to see if it works.  EDIT 2:  Well, shit it does!  And he is right ya know.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Why did what happen?

A double of the post I already posted appeared with the new edit added right below the original. At least on my computer. 

Also, some of the pages have fullscreen text blocks while the others are smushed to the left because of the aforementioned block of "top user" etc. information at the top. This seems to be at random. 

Here, let me try and edit this and see what happens. 

EDIT: Edit.

EDIT II: Huh. The funny thing was when I edited that other post, it had an edit button at the bottom and now there's only one on the side when you click on the three dots. Maybe that vanishing is because Rippa or someone is finagling with the board.

Edited by Curt McGirt