DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 9/8/20

Another solid Impact. Enjoyed TJP/Bey and the tag titles match, good stuff there and continue to set up stuff for the future. I had missed Taya's entrance and music. Tasha & KIera are always great together. Definitely looking forward to more Tenille. Young/Dreamer a pretty good brawl to close the show. 

Results:

*New Impact Worlds Heavyweight Champion Eric Young opened the show with a promo. Alisha Edwards interrupted and talked about everything Eddie's been through and said she wasn't afraid of him. Alisha said Eddie would be back to kick Young's ass. Alisha blamed Young for Eddie being unable to hold their baby at home and then slapped him. Eric Young grabbed Alisha for the Piledriver but Tommy Dreamer ran out for the save. Dreamer said Alisha, Eddie, & Rich Swann are family to him because while Eric Young left the company, they stayed to build it. Dreamer called Young a scumbag who likes to injure people. Dreamer challenged Young to do what no one else could; take him out and end his career. 

*TJP def. Chris Bey (11:14) with a sunset flip. X Division Champion Rohit Raju watched the match from ringside.

*Brian Myers came to the ring for a promo. Myers claimed he beat Willie Mack fair and square so he called Mack out to shake his hand. Willie came out and told Myers that Impact management reviewed their last match and granted him a rematch right now.

*Brian Myers def. Willie Mack (5:28) with an Implant DDT after a low blow behind the ref's back.

*The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)(c) def. The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) (8:37) when Shelley pinned Wentz to retain the tag team championships. After the match, the North attacked the Machine Guns. MCMG fought back until Ace Austin & Madman Fulton came out and attacked them as well until The Good Brothers made the save. 

*Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) def. Tasha Steelz (w/ Kiera Hogan) (3:40) after the Road to Valhalla. After the match, Tasha & Kiera attacked Taya before leaving. 

*Eric Young def. Tommy Dreamer (10:07) with the Piledriver after hitting him with his hockey mask in an extreme rules match. After the match, Young attacked Dreamer's leg with a kendo stick and steel chair until Rich Swann made the save and took out Young with his crutches.

• Like 1

2 things I've said before about Impact that I think bear repeating:

1) Someone please tell Eric Young to grow a beard. His clean shaven face is just unsettling to look at.

2) John Morrison is a lucky LUCKY man

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

John Morrison is a lucky LUCKY man

To balance it out I've heard some say that Taya is a very lucky woman.  And honestly they're both right.

I'm behind by two weeks but I have a feeling I'll be having Wrestle House withdrawal once I get caught up.  I love that so damn much that I kind of wish they'd go back to it at some point.