DVDVR Message Board

NXT Super Tuesday II - 9/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Skipped Finn/Cole. I am happy Finn won. Hopefully they try to go with someone fresh as his first defense/feud.

Dug all of the segments and promos tonight. Looking forward to Io/Shotzi.

Really liked how they built up Mercedes/Rhea as the main event. That match was awesome. Kind of wish Mercedes won though as I was hoping we would get her vs. Io next.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

This news displeases me though the delivery is amusing.

Lol “She didn’t even talk to me.”

I really enjoyed the steel cage match. Was hoping Mercedes would win but I understand this finally ending things with Rhea and the Robert Stone Brand. 

Liked the Io/Shotzi moment and build for next week. Should be a cool match. 

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I saw someone on Twitter throw out the idea that the UE should turn on Cole and join up with the punter. 

The last part won't happen, but they definitely seemed to be starting an Adam Cole face turn.  UE was nowhere to be seen during the title match, and the promo he cut afterwards was definitely a babyface spiel.  And, really, UE are beyond stale.  I don't think the group works as a babyface stable, so unless you're sending them to the main roster, it makes sense to shake it up.  Really, I'd be much more interested in a stable led by Finn or Roddy anyway.

Lol, I kinda want Cole to go to the main roster and lead Retribution just to see the visual of tiny stick-man Cole surrounded by a group of larger athletes.  Cole is billed as being five inches taller than Mercedes Martinez, but I'm guessing you couldn't tell them apart in mask and black jumpsuit.

Kidding aside, I'm not a Cole fan but the guy's accomplished enough in NXT and the indies that he deserves a chance on the main roster.  

• Like 2

Ok, thoughts a few days late as usual.

Starting with the title match, ok then! Good action, Finn looked like he took a nap on Elm Street with all those scrapes on his back, thigh and one ugly gash on his chest. Was that from last week, or were they really laying their shit in? Was that the first (sort of) top rope DDT finish since Malenko vs Scotty 2 Hotty at Backlash 2000? Glad that Balor won.

Dream being a heel who gets his ass kicked a lot is about the only way to go, if you're not firing him and insist on keeping him on tv. Leather beret was cool, must give him that, if nothing else.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that the dinner with Garganos wasn't going to turn into a tearful reunion between Candice and Tegan, but at least it was just a food fight, instead of a brawl. The brawl is right around the corner for these two, I'm sure.

Should have guessed that trying to get his revenge on the Tank wouldn't go too well for Robert Stone! All around rough night for him. NO Shotzi!!!! Don't do THAT! Now you pissed Io off! "Don't make me hurt you!" Oh, Shotzi, you've done it now!

Thatcher pointed out weaknesses in Priest's game. Now that BOTH men have revealed their strategies on tv, let's see if they actually go through with them next week, or have some new tricks up their sleeve?

Bronson Reed was ready to F Austin Theory up ALL DAY, and not just in theory, either! I counted big man move tributes from Rikishi, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow and Kamala in the match, there may have been more. I liked how Theory sold Reed being just too heavy for his injured anatomy to complete lifting moves with. Good win for Reed, who keeps on being awesome each time out!

Before the Roddy vs Dain match I said to myself "If this match ends up with Drake Maverick getting beat up by both sides..." and yeah. But at least there was some advancement in the storyline. Maybe Dain will end up accepting Maverick's handshake in the end? A win for Roddy, but I guess the real story was Killian-Drake.

Cole showing respect to Finn after the match was cool. Are they turning him face, or what?

Imperium v Breezango rematch is interesting, because we'll see if the gold watch title reign is going to be short or VERY short? It's also their rubber match.

Main event was bad ass! It was cool to hear Barrett lamenting how terrible it was to be inside the steel cage with just about anybody! I don't know if all those weapons inside the case were necessary, but they sure made use of them. The ending was pretty damn decisive! What's next for Rhea? One on one against Gonzales for the number one contendership?

Entertaining show, but the NXT roster has suffered somewhat from injuries and people moving to RAW an SD!

Edited by Shartnado
Added m to him