DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Cedric The Businessman - 9/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Infinit said:

So we are cheering her now because she was outsmarted by a vicious heel? This repeated type of weak booking is why many WWE "faces" are so meh. 

Well she was loyal to her friend through all this and she has always made a valiant effort even in defeat like when her knee was ripped apart and she kept fighting.  Those are babyface attributes. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:54 PM, D.Z said:

uJAHoMIl.jpg

So that's clearly Mia Yim, Merceds Martinez, Dijakovic, Mojo, and tall guy #5. I like all these people. Especially tall guy #5. Big star, that guy. But seriously so the fuck what? Why are they so mad? When were they discarded or whatever? And it was bad enough when this group of dangerous outsider renegades got their own video packages highlighting the "invasion" but now they have their own logo? I mean, this angle gets dumber by the week

• Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, Infinit said:

So we are cheering her now because she was outsmarted by a vicious heel? This repeated type of weak booking is why many WWE "faces" are so meh. 

Not entirely. Another part of the reason we're meant to cheer her is because this story is going to be an inversion of their NXT rivalry, with Bayley as the cocky champ and Sasha as the underdog who just can't quite get the job done on the main roster who we're meant to feel sympathy for and want to see overcome the odds. And I'm very excited to see that inversion play out.

Now if you want to question why so many WWE babyfaces can't win shit, I'd say that's a sensible angle to take. But as a mirror version of the dynamic of their NXT feud, I'm into this. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gorman said:

Maybe they will be galvanized by a strong mouthpiece, like perhaps Malcolm Bivens.

Even so outside of the two women they’re a group of goofs. Hell they should be The Job Squad 2.0 

How Vince and Shane can be dumb enough to think anyone is going to buy into a stable that has Mojo as a part of it is beyond me. The guy sucks, and should have been released years ago, and if not years ago certainly the moment his idiot friend went back to the NFL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Not entirely. Another part of the reason we're meant to cheer her is because this story is going to be an inversion of their NXT rivalry, with Bayley as the cocky champ and Sasha as the underdog who just can't quite get the job done on the main roster who we're meant to feel sympathy for and want to see overcome the odds. And I'm very excited to see that inversion play out.

Now if you want to question why so many WWE babyfaces can't win shit, I'd say that's a sensible angle to take. But as a mirror version of the dynamic of their NXT feud, I'm into this. 

also, going back to the initial turn, Evil Bayley is a monster of Sasha's own making that has long since gone beyond her creator's control.  It's Sasha's "fault" we have to deal with Evil Bayley, and thus Sasha's duty to liberate us from her.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2020 at 4:51 AM, Casey said:

Last time we saw Chelsea Green, she was a egomaniac prima donna. Now she's throwing molotov cocktails at WWE equipment? What?

She’s a hot mess.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, Greggulator said:

I think Sasha is automatically a face upon her return because the needless severity of the attack. It wasn’t just Bayley turning on a tag partner. It was Bayley:

1) Turning on her well-established best friend

2) While her best friend was vulnerable from a knee injury sustained during the match

Sasha was never Bayley’s best friend. Bayley was just using her.