DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL Week 1

Gonzo

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jimmy missed wide open Bourne in the end zone that could have won the game.  Fuck he was awful today.  

Is face guarding not a thing any more?  Peterson had his back to the ball and was blocking Bourne's ability to see on the throw to the end zone, at least I thought it looked that way.  Not having Deebo's big play ability to account for really hurt today, Kittle getting banged up early on didn't help matters either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatling said:

Is face guarding not a thing any more?  Peterson had his back to the ball and was blocking Bourne's ability to see on the throw to the end zone, at least I thought it looked that way.  Not having Deebo's big play ability to account for really hurt today, Kittle getting banged up early on didn't help matters either.

If there is no physical contact, it's legal.

The weird thing to me is, I don't think the design of the uniforms was bad, but it looked like it was thrown together last night, by the cheapest shop in town that could get them done on time. The patches that looked ready to fall off, the numbers that looked like iron ons from the 80's...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, supremebve said:

Josh Allen is trash.  He's may fantasy quarterback, and putting up pretty big numbers, but he should have at least two more touchdowns today.

I think trash is a bit strong, but he is still rough around the edges. I don't think Dabol's play calling helps, with so many designed runs, combined with passing way too much early. Against bad teams it works, but Josh isn't good enough to carry the offense on his shoulders. He needs to learn how to tuck the dam ball as well. I think he's the 2nd best qb of his draft class(behind Lamar) and wouldn't trade him for either Baker or Sam at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I think trash is a bit strong, but he is still rough around the edges. I don't think Dabol's play calling helps, with so many designed runs, combined with passing way too much early. Against bad teams it works, but Josh isn't good enough to carry the offense on his shoulders. He needs to learn how to tuck the dam ball as well. I think he's the 2nd best qb of his draft class(behind Lamar) and wouldn't trade him for either Baker or Sam at this point.

Yeah, Baker Vergara is much worse than Josh Allen, but I called him trash after he threw the ball into the stands trying to hit a receiver who was literally all alone in the end zone.  It was the kind of throw you'd expect a high school quarterback to make.  He's somehow one of the most talented and least talented quarterbacks in the league.  He's a big strong athlete who can throw the ball a mile, but there is no telling where the ball is actually going to go.  His accuracy is so bad, he has an incredibly low ceiling.

• Like 1

Dammit, now I want to complain about Baker Vergara.  He's literally the worst player on the entire offense.  He averaged fewer yards per completion than Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt averaged per carry.  Any time he drops back to pass, the defense has the advantage.  He's constantly running from pressure that's not there.  He doesn't feel the rush when it is there.  He can't see the field.  He can't hit open receivers.  They've surrounded him with talent, and he can't get the job done.

In case you missed it, Bruce Arians put the blame for both of his interceptions squarely on Tom Brady's shoulders. First one, he said Brady read the defense wrong and that Mike Evans read it right. Second one was a "poor decision". 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think anyone could help when the blocking assignments apparently where "let Jeff Bostic run right up the middle untouched" multiple times

You mean Jon Bostic.  It would be worse, though, if it was Jeff since he's been retired since 1993.