DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL Week 1

Gonzo

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Okay so there are fans here.  They must have them mic'd well because on my TV it sounds like a regular game.  Please note: I do not condone this. 

Al Michaels claimed that they weren't juicing the crowd but it turns out - unbeknownst to him - the NFL did start piping in noise so that is why it sounded that way.

Now - my not so hard to believe claim is that after the booing, the NFL started piping in noise because they quickly realized they couldn't trust the chuds in KC

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sadly, I think there are going to be a lot more games that need artificial noise to drown out the morons. 

Most teams aren't having fans Week 1 and I believe the NFL is only doing the unity thing Week 1 so it won't be that many, if any

And by Week 2 - the NFL will try to claim the healed the world and move on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Al Michaels claimed that they weren't juicing the crowd but it turns out - unbeknownst to him - the NFL did start piping in noise so that is why it sounded that way.

Now - my not so hard to believe claim is that after the booing, the NFL started piping in noise because they quickly realized they couldn't trust the chuds in KC

After watching the local news last night showing footage pre-game of the fans at or on their way to Arrowhead, I can attest to it not being the best and the brightest.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

If the stadium is going to be a quarter full and no one is allowed to sit next to me, then I totally want to go to a Bears game. That sounds fucking great.

If you go to a Bears game the rule is you have to sit next to Seth Rollins, and hear him explain how you don’t know what you want when it comes to wrestling or The Bears. ?

20 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

If the stadium is going to be a quarter full and no one is allowed to sit next to me, then I totally want to go to a Bears game. That sounds fucking great.

With so many drunk buffoons in NFL crowds, pandemic seating sounds amazing lol.

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Worst South Shore experience we've ever had was going to the museum on a Sunday with a home game, taking the South Shore home, and the entire train being full of drunk assholes from the Bears game. So yeah, a quarter full stadium sounds about perfect.

Is this where we discuss the Dolfins' amazing video and that they will be in the locker rooms during the anthems? Cuz that shit was great. Like super real. The kind of real you hear in conversation about why things are the way they are but never in the mainstream. 

I am uncomfortable with how likable Miami teams have become between this and the Heat. I mean, who didn't like Marino and the dolphins of that age but they've been so bad for so long. But this is next level. Won't change the world but hopefully it is the start of the end of the national anthem at sporting events. The more important matters are going to require more than this but it's something. 

I was on the fence about following the NFL this year after getting into it last year for the first time in forever. The booing shit on Thursday made it an easy choice to pass. I'm glad to see this though. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 10:40 AM, RIPPA said:

Most teams aren't having fans Week 1 and I believe the NFL is only doing the unity thing Week 1 so it won't be that many, if any

And by Week 2 - the NFL will try to claim the healed the world and move on

And just to follow up on this

• Haha 1