DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown 04/09/2020. Role Models, no more.

The Natural

16 hours ago, Peck said:

I nitpicked AEW doing too many blood angles recently so it's only fair to nitpick multiple FAKE EMT~! angles tonight. Less is more.

Kayla: "I've learned that Big E has severe lacerations and internal damage" 

EMTs in background: Just chillin' with the ref as E bleeds out in to the car.

Come on. That was ridiculous.

But then you wouldn't get the highlight of the night: EMT woman slipping on the tailgate of the ambulance and almost falling on her face.

16 hours ago, D.Z said:

I like Dark Roman, he's gonna have to beat up the Uso really badly to become full heel.

Bayley brutally jannettyied Sasha post match. If Sasha wins the SD women's title..I wonder if somehow she is magically is able to defend that title?

Who was legs woman?

Was wondering about the legs woman, myself: Emmalina? Scarlett on her own? Chelsea Green?

4 hours ago, caley said:

But then you wouldn't get the highlight of the night: EMT woman slipping on the tailgate of the ambulance and almost falling on her face.

Was wondering about the legs woman, myself: Emmalina? Scarlett on her own? Chelsea Green?

I was thinking Vanessa Bourne. 

Long live the Golden Role Models, one of the best acts in WWE history. And kudos to everyone involved in putting together and insanely layered storyline that has extended itself over several years and across several brands.

I love how their epic NXT feud was anchored around Sasha being The Boss of the division and Bayley always coming up short — even in seeing the other Horsewomen get called up without her. But the feud culminated with Bayley besting Sasha in two of the most iconic matches in WWE history. And Sasha’s character — which always had the sub-text of her being insecure at heart and wearing The Boss as a mask to hide her fears — begrudgingly showed Bayley respect at the end.

They had a lot of starts and stops on the main roster. But committing to the feud has been a wonderful story arc. A returning Sasha convinced Bayley to break bad and crown Becky with a chair in one of the best turns ever. But then we saw Evil Bayley just grow more and more awful (to the point where she destroyed Sane for good) and Sasha doing her best to not give into her insecurity and turn on Bayley. Her jealousy showed in a few side-eyes glances and smirks, but it never went more than that. She was willing to take a bullet for Bayley. Bayley was never shy about making Sasha do her bidding. But Sasha still bit her lip to keep their friendship and alliance together, even while the two of them were the definitive shithead heels of their era. Even Charlotte Flair and others pointed out the imbalance and Sasha never once took the bait.

And now we get to see the story go full circle. Bayley’s fully embraced the dark slide and destroyed her best friend once she no longer served a purpose. But also along with that viciousness is its own mask. Bayley knows that she is not where she is today on her own merits. Every step of the way to her reign of terror has involved Sasha. She will never be free of having Sasha as the other party of her journey.

This feud should headline WrestleMania. And it should headline with a redux of the Ironwoman match, with a weasel Bayley tapping out as Sasha beats her hand into a pulp.

• Like 6

On 9/4/2020 at 11:21 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

I posted in the main September thread how awesome I thought the Heyman / Reigns promo was. I was shamed into becoming a lurker again for having an opinion on it. I’ll see you guys in 2021.

Shit, I just saw this and I still feel really bad about my reaction. The anger about the news over the weekend led me to that. But thankfully we got this resolved so I hope you're still not considering going back to lurking. 

And out of curiosity I did catch Heyman/Roman's promo along with the Bayley turn. Both were really well done and while I might not watch the shows I'll still be curious to see how this plays out. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore