DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown 04/09/2020. Role Models, no more.

The Natural

I nitpicked AEW doing too many blood angles recently so it's only fair to nitpick multiple FAKE EMT~! angles tonight. Less is more.

Kayla: "I've learned that Big E has severe lacerations and internal damage" 

EMTs in background: Just chillin' with the ref as E bleeds out in to the car.

Come on. That was ridiculous.

• Like 1

I like Dark Roman, he's gonna have to beat up the Uso really badly to become full heel.

Bayley brutally jannettyied Sasha post match. If Sasha wins the SD women's title..I wonder if somehow she is magically is able to defend that title?

Who was legs woman?

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

I nitpicked AEW doing too many blood angles recently so it's only fair to nitpick multiple FAKE EMT~! angles tonight. Less is more.

Kayla: "I've learned that Big E has severe lacerations and internal damage" 

EMTs in background: Just chillin' with the ref as E bleeds out in to the car.

Come on. That was ridiculous.

Less is more on both counts, blood and EMTs. This should put Sasha Banks on the shelf for some time then Banks comes back for revenge.

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I posted in the main September thread how awesome I thought the Heyman / Reigns promo was. I was shamed into becoming a lurker again for having an opinion on it. I’ll see you guys in 2021.

Didn't see it, but is it true he dubbed Reigns "The Tribal Chief?" If so, that is an amazing nickname and should replace "The Big Dog" immediately

And The Yard is now Reigns Island.

The big takeaway from the Reigns/Heyman promo for me was Heyman's body language. Whenever he cuts a promo for Brock, he and Heyman often stand side by side. With Roman, Heyman was standing behind and to the side. Almost hiding. He also referred to Roman as 'sir' when they were talking with Jey. 

Brock has been rough around the edges with Heyman, but there was a sense that they liked each other. Roman gives off no such vibes. And Heyman seems scared of him. This Roman is ice cold. Not sure he's a heel still, he hasn't done anything that bad. That can change if he beats the life out of Jey, though.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I posted in the main September thread how awesome I thought the Heyman / Reigns promo was. I was shamed into becoming a lurker again for having an opinion on it. I’ll see you guys in 2021.

Don't go, please stick around. Here you go:

• Like 3

That Heyman/Roman promo was fantastic. Loved the reasons for their partnership, and the completely different vibe Heyman is giving off compared to when he worked with Brock. Also really dug everything they did surrounding Jey. They did well to set up him vs. Roman. that poor bastard is probably going to be brutalized.

Heavy Machinery vs. Miz/Morrison was decent fun.

The attack on Big E made sense though I agree that it was weird to do two stretcher jobs on one show. 

Nia/Shayna vs. Bayley/Sasha was good, and the post match attack by Bayley was nice despite maybe being a little on the long side. Sasha definitely needs to stay sidelined a for a month at least. I'm curious if they do Bayley/Sasha for Survivor Series or save it for something like the RR or even WM.

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Someone get Dr Shelbey on the phone!

Great idea! And while you're at it, tell him to make a pitstop at the Garganos' house when Tegan Nox is coming for dinner, because I have a feeling his services are going to be needed badly over there, also! I'd call him myself, but I have no idea how to get in touch with him, so no go.

Edited by Shartnado