DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Game will be played on Dec 19 if Georgia isn't in the SEC Championship game

Can you imagine the level of half ass that will happen for the teams that have to play on the same day as the SEC championship game.  Talk about literally playing for nothing 

Watching Gameday and I guess your love of the Coastal Carolina field is dependent on what shade of blue do you like compared to the blue field of Boise State.  I know with the sun hitting that teal it does look great 

Edited by hammerva

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Do BYU and Costal Carolina have a 100 year blood feud that I don’t know about?

God bless...

I mean it isn't Convicts vs Catholics but I am happy of the Mullets vs Mormons that I has seen a lot about this game .  Given how this game was basically a spur of the moment thing maybe we can get Cincinnati vs the winner 

Edited by hammerva

36 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, I was totally into the deep-seeded hatred in the BYU/Coastal Carolina game.  That was awesome.  NEW RIVALRY!

The best part of the whole COVID debacle is that they proved you don't have to schedule these games years and years in advance. So yeah, make this thing a regular game now and don't tell us you don't have an opening in your schedule until 2027.

• Like 2

Respect to BYU  and Coastal for playing that game on short notice, especially BYU who risked a lot to travel across the country, only to lose a lot.  I doubt Coastal gets a huge bump out of this win, though, and it probably cements Cincinnati as the only G5 team with a real chance to get in.

I’d like to see them get into a NY6 bowl, though.  Their offense is pretty unique, and I think it would give some P5 school very entertaining fits.

Edited by EVA

Beamer to South Carolina is basically an Orgeron at LSU hire.  It will live and die on the staff he puts together.  His whole career has been built off his rep as a recruiter, and he’s never even been a coordinator (besides special teams lol).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Did this turn into a Fire Gus year all the sudden?

If you look at the numbers and the data, it should be. I thought he saved his job with blowing out LSU, but the South Carolina loss paired with embarrassing performances against Bama and TAMU should be enough. Auburn was never going to compete with Bama, but the gameplan and play calling was just unimaginative and did not look like a team trying to win a game to me. That should be a kitchen sink game when you know you're outclassed on almost every position on the field. 

Gus is 27-31 when playing an FBS team with a winning record. His margin of defeat is 12.4 points (got that from Twitter the other day).

I just feel like, besides the abomination against South Carolina, Auburn pretty much did what they were supposed to do this year.  They lost to 3 top 10 teams.  Given what they had coming back this year, that seemed like a predictable outcome.  

I suppose it’s been a bit of a disappointing season, but I just think it hasn’t been such a catastrophe that Auburn could justify paying Gus’s buyout in a pandemic.

the rescheduled Cincy/Tulsa game has been cancelled because Cincy is still a hot mess from COVID.

The Bearcats have not played since 11/21 (with their AD lowkey blaming it on the fact that they had to play UCF in Florida)

The two teams are still scheduled to meet in the AAC Championship on Dec 19 (but Tulsa no longer has a Senior Day)

Tulsa has had 8 games affected by COVID this season

Tulsa had eight game dates affected by COVID-19 this season. In addition to Cincinnati (two game dates), the Oklahoma State, Arkansas State, Navy and Houston games were postponed or canceled. The OSU and Navy games were played on later dates, while the regular-season matchups against Arkansas State, Houston and Cincinnati were not played. The Toledo and Northwestern State games were canceled prior to the season.