DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

3 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I would like to point out IU's only loss this season was to Ohio State, by 7, on the road, in a game were we intercepted Fields 3 times. 

And we get to play Ole Miss tomorrow. Hatrid for literally everything is running through my veins. 

You'll no doubt be pleased that IU covered up or removed all B1G logos from their uniforms but it's totally not a diss on the Big Ten. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I most excited that I already saw my first JAGS SHOULD DRAFT FIELDS!!! column

The funny thing is my description for Fields after the IU and Northwestern game is the kid crumbles against pressure. IU and Northwesterns D-Line got through enough to force iffy throws and both defenses secondaries are ran by turnover hawks on D. 

I basically learned IU and Northwestern had better defenses then any team in the championship though, so maybe it doesn’t affect him

6 hours ago, Tabe said:

You'll no doubt be pleased that IU covered up or removed all B1G logos from their uniforms but it's totally not a diss on the Big Ten. 

oh, I absolutely adore the pettiness.

• Like 1

Just so its not forgotten - Brian Kelly got all pissy during the post game press conference and basically ran the WE DIDN'T LOSE BY AS MUCH AS BAMA BEATS OTHER TEAMS!!!! line

Congrats to Indiana on a great season.  They may have gotten screwed out of a B1G title game appearance, but they finally got to play the “We lost our bowl game because we were not motivated to play a lesser opponent” card for the first time in school history.

DeVonta Smith won the Heisman, as expexted.  Well deserved. He was clearly the best player in the game this fall.  Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a trend of other positions besides QB (and the occasional RB) getting this kind of recognition, but my guess is this was an aberration caused by an unusual season.  Trevor Lawrence finishing 2nd definitley implies to me that, if he hadn’t missed games due to COVID, he probably would’ve gotten the lifetime achievement award here.

Edited by EVA

10 hours ago, Pete said:

That's a shame. Forfeit the game, give Bama the title.

Nick Saban's daughter had a hot take:

She said Ohio was faking the COVID results in order to get a postponement to provide more time for Justin Fields to heal.

NOTE: If Urban Meyer were still coach, or it was Alabama being accused, I'd 100% buy it.  I'm only slightly more skeptical when it's Ohio.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since this is technically part of this season I will put it here

The Dolphins and Panthers staffs have agreed to be the Senior Bowl staffs

I had just seen a story a day or so okay about how difficulty it was getting teams to agree to do it due to COVID reasons. Guess they worked that all out

Well this game feels over.  Coming back from 18 knowing you probably can't stop them on defense 

It is kind of refreshing to see a Heisman trophy winner actually play like one after they win it in bowl/playoff games

Edited by hammerva

Sark is emptying the playbook tonight.

If not for the one strip sack that led directly to a TD, this game is a lot uglier right now.  If Bama scores coming out of halftime to push it to 25, that’s probably ball game.

Even at 18, Fields is so talented, you can’t rule out a comeback with 30 to play.