DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

ND basically playing this game like they’re one of the service academies, trying to shorten the game and keep it close enough to win in the end.

Getting that stop at the end of the half was crucial, as 28-7 would be a lot to come back from, especially with Bama getting the ball to start the 2nd.  If they get a stop on the next drive, they’ve got a chance.

• Haha 2

ND just doesn't have the physical talent to match up with Bama play after play.

Bama and Clemson right now are just in place that's hard to dislodge them from. They sign the best players, go to the playoffs and usually win at least one game if not the title. The best high school players see them and think "I want to win the title" and signs with one of them (or maybe Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc, but the majority of top players go to those same top six or seven programs.)

I mean, you can't blame them for building great programs right at the time the playoffs started and focused the attention more narrowly, and of course they are going to use it to their advantage. But it's why ND gets blown out in big bowls.

If ND had just one guy who could stretch the field vertically or get the edge on somebody, this could’ve been the ND team to break through.  Alas, you end up with Book throwing it like 40 times but all underneath, and it doesn’t help them do anything.

Justin Fields showing a ton of guts getting a huge helmet right to the ribs and then throwing a TD for a big lead

Fields shouldn't even be in this game.   Doing a basic hand off to the RB is hurting him badly.    

Edited by hammerva

I'm genetically incapable of wanting Ohio to win, but Dabo really does have it coming for being a dumbass.

Also for being a generally shitty human being.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2