DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Missouri is out of the Music City Bowl due to COVID

I am guessing the bowl is either getting cancelled or UAB is getting moved into their spot

Cancelled. UAB sent the football team home December 23rd after their original bowl got cancelled.

7 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

That's too bad. I was looking forward to Coastal Carolina making bogus national championship rings up for their undefeated season 

I don't think they would have. The UCF argument was that they were the only undefeated team in the nation, which didn't necessarily look like a likely outcome for CC. (And, hey, that UCF title is official, they were named champions by an NCAA official selector that year.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think they would have. The UCF argument was that they were the only undefeated team in the nation, which didn't necessarily look like a likely outcome for CC. (And, hey, that UCF title is official, they were named champions by an NCAA official selector that year.)

If they had won the bowl game and done that would it be any more bogus/bullshit than the playoff we ended up with.

Also: Army = REAL 2020 National Champions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sabremike said:

If they had won the bowl game and done that would it be any more bogus/bullshit than the playoff we ended up with.

Also: Army = REAL 2020 National Champions.

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.07.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.08.59 AM.png

download.jpeg

More fun for @sabremike...

WASHINGTON – The majority of the cadets involved in the worst academic cheating scandal at West Point in 45 years are athletes, including 24 members of the football team that is scheduled to play in a bowl game on Thursday, according to West Point officials.

In all, 55 of the 73 cadets accused of cheating on a calculus final exam in May are athletes, including 17 who remain on the football team, according to figures released to USA TODAY by West Point.  

A few have played in football games this season after having been accused of cheating. Some of those players could dress and play in the Liberty Bowl on Thursday, according to Army Lt. Col. Christopher Ophardt, a West Point spokesman.

They're allowed to play because West Point's superintendent in October suspended a policy that limited or prevented cadets found in violation of the academy's honor code from representing the academy in public, including athletes at sports events. 

image-asset.jpeg

• Like 3

If the fight at the end of the Mississippi State vs Tulsa bowl game is anything like the actual game then I probably should have watch the game.  I shouldn't even call it a fight as in some parts it looked a damn mugging mostly on the MIss State side

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, Pete said:

@sabremike should've known this was NOT the year to tempt the football fates.

I don't think you get why I call them the real NATIONAL champions by virtue of winning the Commander In Chief's trophy: What will those players be doing after they graduate? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I don't think you get why I call them the real NATIONAL champions by virtue of winning the Commander In Chief's trophy: What will those players be doing after they graduate? 

This is also true.

• Like 1

I feel like people are being a little too quick to write off Notre Dame coming off that Clemson thumping the same way they were too quick to write off Florida after the LSU upset.  “Oh, Alabama is just gonna kill these guys.” I expect ND to bounce back with a good performance just like Florida did.

This ND team has a much stronger identity than the 2012 team that got thumped so hard by Bama.  That ND team was flying by the seat of their pants with a sketchy QB situation all season long and was, frankly, lucky to be in the title game in the end. This ND team has a good veteran QB and big Stanford energy.  If they can keep Bama from running away quickly so they can keep running the ball to set up PA to all those TEs, they have way more of a chance to win this than people give them credit for.

The loss of Landon Dickerson is a huge boon for the ND defense too.

Edited by EVA

I don't even know why I'm watching this game. ND is going to get blown out. They can't match Alabama's speed, strength, or skill. 

Their only hope is to somehow turn this into a shootout, but Book needs to be perfect and their game gameplan on offense has been really predictable. 

Edited by Craig H