DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

Jesus Christ, this dude also put the sick players on a bus from Houston to El Paso, which is a 10+ hour drive.

If I get sick playing football for you for no money and you put me on a 10 hour bus trip it is on sight for the rest of our days.

• Like 3

I forgot to post this yesterday

The Sun Bowl has been cancelled. It has been played every year since 1935 thus putting it only behind the Rose Bowl for longest consecutively played bowl.

It is the 9th bowl cancelled this year. The ACC has lost 4 bowls, the Pac 12 has lost 3.

Michigan has shut down all football-related activities after they got multiple presumptive positive tests.  

This is your reminder that Jim Harbaugh fought very hard for this season to happen.  That Michigan is 2-4, with one of those being a triple OT win over Rutgers.  That as recently as YESTERDAY, Jim said this season was "worth it".  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Jesus Christ, this dude also put the sick players on a bus from Houston to El Paso, which is a 10+ hour drive.

If I get sick playing football for you for no money and you put me on a 10 hour bus trip it is on sight for the rest of our days.

A 10+ hour drive is a 12+ hour bus trip at the least.  I don't know how much they are paying that bus driver, but I know it isn't nearly enough.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Michigan has shut down all football-related activities after they got multiple presumptive positive tests.  

This is your reminder that Jim Harbaugh fought very hard for this season to happen.  That Michigan is 2-4, with one of those being a triple OT win over Rutgers.  That as recently as YESTERDAY, Jim said this season was "worth it".  

It is ironic that the school who pushed so hard for the restart are either terrible (Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State) or are in such dire situation like Ohio State where they would have to play in a COVID swimming pool in order to meet the requirement of a championship game.  Without the Big 10 championship game they are not playing in the playoffs.   beating Michigan and Michigan State shouldn't be an issue but beating COVID has been a problem

Also ironic that the ACC is losing the most bowl games so far.  And they are the only ones that could actually qualify for the 6 games if that is still in play.

Edited by hammerva

Reports are coming in saying Michigan-Maryland has been cancelled.  (The tOSU game is also apparently in serious jeopardy.)

If it's true, Jim Harbaugh can claim another Michigan record: 

He'll be the first head coach in Michigan's history to get zero (0) wins at home in a season. 

• Haha 2

Liberty might not be able to play Costal Carolina this weekend. They will make the determination tomorrow AM.

If they can't play - reportedly, Costal Carolina and BYU will play each other

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Maryland/Michigan is off due to Michigan's COVID outbreak

Yeah... guess we are real close to using the average number of games to determine who is eligible

well it isn't like Maryland's COVID outbreak is that much better.  Isn't that why the game against George Mason in basketball pulled?

Also looked SMU vs Houston has been cancelled.  I don't know if anyone has calculated it but Houston has to the #1 seed among teams having games cancelled/postponed

Edited by hammerva

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

well it isn't like Maryland's COVID outbreak is that much better.  Isn't that why the game against George Mason in basketball pulled?

No - the basketball game is due to a Mason positive test

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Liberty might not be able to play Costal Carolina this weekend. They will make the determination tomorrow AM.

If they can't play - reportedly, Costal Carolina and BYU will play each other

BYU at Costal Carolina is now official for Saturday

College Gameday will be live from Costal Carolina

On 12/3/2020 at 3:44 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Man, if Michigan having a Covid outbreak costs Ohio State the chance to play for the conference title, I'm just going to count that as a win.

It's about the only way Michigan is beating tOSU while Harbaugh is coaching.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, RIPPA said:

BYU at Costal Carolina is now official for Saturday

College Gameday will be live from Costal Carolina

SI has a fun article about the BYU equipment truck's mad 2200-mile dash from Provo to Myrtle Beach, where they need to meet the football team the second they come off the plane for practice.

• Like 2